1. #1801
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    I don't think HoW is actually getting that much of a buff. Remember, Inq is gone, so the ability doesn't get the +30% anymore. And 268% + 30% from Inq = 348,4% - so there's that. Though 1% weapon damage will be more in WoD than it is in MoP now... we'll see how much more damage a 320% HoW will do.

    Oh and I really don't like the idea of tying HotR to Righteousness and CS to Truth that much. Doesn't make sense to me. I think they just do it for the sake of button bloat without considering the drawbacks of the additional GCD, as I can't imagine Blizzard removing the GCD on Seals.

    You have to remember though that hammer of wrath had already gained a a HUGE buff to it's damage when blizzard made it so 1 AP=1SP (before it was 1=.5)
    So with that change, hammer would have been hitting harder than it does on live WITH that change alone, then they buffed it AGAIN.

    With that in mind, i think hammer of wrath will be our #1 damage. it may even be such a large portion of our damage that outside of wings and execute range our dps could be flat out trash like SMF warriors were back in the first tier of MOP

  2. #1802
    Brewmaster Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    You have to remember though that hammer of wrath had already gained a a HUGE buff to it's damage when blizzard made it so 1 AP=1SP (before it was 1=.5)
    So with that change, hammer would have been hitting harder than it does on live WITH that change alone, then they buffed it AGAIN.

    With that in mind, i think hammer of wrath will be our #1 damage. it may even be such a large portion of our damage that outside of wings and execute range our dps could be flat out trash like SMF warriors were back in the first tier of MOP
    Well as it is now on ST fights, or those close enough to them like malkorok, chances are it'll be your #1 damaging ability anyway, barring obscene 4pc luck.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

  3. #1803
    The Patient PraisetheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Kingdom of Astora
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Well as it is now on ST fights, or those close enough to them like malkorok, chances are it'll be your #1 damaging ability anyway, barring obscene 4pc luck.
    I suppose buffing it to an obscene degree might be their way of trying to compensate us for the removal of Inquisition (obviously under the assumption that the alpha notes are the slightest bit indicative of their intentions towards it - something I am sure Dakeshi will be glad to remind us we can make no qualified statements about before tuning passes ), but if that's the case, I suspect it'll backfire horribly.

    Not that I give a single winged intercourse about PvP (other than reviling it as an occasional obstruction to adequate PvE balance), but buffing HoW out the wazoo would only make current "Wings or Bust" status even more noticeable.

  4. #1804
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    I do not like Blade Flurry on my Rogue. And I definitely do not want the same playstyle on my Paladin. Why would they even think this is acceptable.

    Blade Flurry isn't even close to the mechanic/playstyle change they're thinking of making to seals...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I'd almost be positive that TV and DS should be usable in every seal, and only CS/HotR will change. Since that was a piss poor amount of damage anyway, I'm not so concerned if that's the case. It just means seal swapping might be more worth it in sustained AoE than now I'd imagine.

    I'd rather, though, just have no seals at all, or have something like the warrior stances with a defensive and offensive one. As I mentioned, maybe an offensive, defensive (self-healing) and healing (group healing) seal.

    What they're trying to do is what they had with warriors where certain abilities were only available in one stance like overpower and whirlwind (iirc). There's a reason why that was changed...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    It really reminds of the old warrior stances, just without losing resources. Something they wanted to move away from.

    100% correct, it was removed because it was in the way.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    I dunno, enhance aoe is pretty god awful to get goin =P

    I know, that's why I said Ele and not Enh :P
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-04-22 at 08:32 PM.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  5. #1805

  6. #1806
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    They better up the damage of SoR then, to compensate for the 2 GCDs. This is getting ridiculous. Yeah... Rets are going to be great. As if -.- Compared to vanilla maybe.

  7. #1807
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    I KNEW IT they'd never drop the GCD on seals because then those who took empowered seals would just macro them an GG.. so they are fine gimping the start of our aoe rotation by 1 gcd apparently

    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

  8. #1808
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,164
    Giving me less and less faith in ret for WoD... seriously give beta access!
    If they're forcing us to seal change to do aoe we might as well take the seal dance bullshit talent for every single fight with even 3 adds every minute...
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  9. #1809
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Giving me less and less faith in ret for WoD... seriously give beta access!
    If they're forcing us to seal change to do aoe we might as well take the seal dance bullshit talent for every single fight with even 3 adds every minute...
    I have some faith, assuming they still leave DS and TV as options for any seal. If not, god help... but even I don't think they would be that dumb.

  10. #1810
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,873
    Just saw that tweet. Need to improvize.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  11. #1811
    No. I'm just not going to AoE then. I'll let the warriors/death knights/warlocks/hunters/basically every other class do that. They'll deal more damage anyway.

    Rather stick with FV and DP and hope for more than average single target dps.
    EDIT: Or Seraphim for that matter, whatever sims for more.

  12. #1812
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I have some faith, assuming they still leave DS and TV as options for any seal. If not, god help... but even I don't think they would be that dumb.
    DS and TV was the follow up question. Also included mass exo, would be nice to get thrown a bone in this mess and have it made baseline for SoR, at least we'd be getting a second ability for SoR.

  13. #1813
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    No. I'm just not going to AoE then. I'll let the warriors/death knights/warlocks/hunters/basically every other class do that. They'll deal more damage anyway.

    Rather stick with FV and DP and hope for more than average single target dps.
    EDIT: Or Seraphim for that matter, whatever sims for more.
    Assuming you get DS in all stances, it would be no different than now other than you are free a button. You can choose between full AoE if targets will live long (switch to SoR and HotR instead of CS) or you can choose to continue to single target (SoT with CS) while just replacing TV with DS for "Half AoE, half ST" for shorter lived and/or lower priority adds.

    The only difference between then and now is that there's no "replace CS with Hammer at X targets, switch seals at Y targets." You simply do both at Z targets.


    P.S. This is all assuming finishers are used in either stance; admittedly, if not I can't see Ret playable.

  14. #1814
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    He also confirmed that SoR will not change to add a dot component to it as well for those wondering in the original tweet when we learned that HoTR would be linked to SoR

    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

  15. #1815
    The Patient PraisetheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Kingdom of Astora
    Posts
    234
    I'm not even mad. I'm legitimately impressed. I'm not sure they could get more out of touch with what we, as a class, want, if they were actively trying. It's like they're reading MMO-C and going "Hey, that's a nifty idea. LET'S DO THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE, NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

  16. #1816
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    Honestly I get the feeling they are going to shoehorn us into SoR to do ANY aoe at all , I think that DS and Mass exo will all be SoR,.. who knows maybe Judge will turn into Consecrate when in SoR .. so we go full on aoe beast mode with no single target AT ALL when in SoR ...we just don't know yet.. but one can speculate that this may happen

    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

  17. #1817
    Why not just add the cleave component to Crusader Strike and scrap HotR alltogether? Howling Blast says hello.

  18. #1818
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    It's like they're reading MMO-C and going "Hey, that's a nifty idea. LET'S DO THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE, NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."
    That my friend is signature worthy , +1 internetz for you

    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

  19. #1819
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Honestly I get the feeling they are going to shoehorn us into SoR to do ANY aoe at all , I think that DS and Mass exo will all be SoR,..
    I don't get why they aren't confirming finishers on Seals for that. Like I said, I don't think they would actually do that, but that's my faith they aren't so dumb as to. Doing that would actually make an unplayable class, legit.

  20. #1820
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,873
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'm not even mad. I'm legitimately impressed. I'm not sure they could get more out of touch with what we, as a class, want, if they were actively trying. It's like they're reading MMO-C and going "Hey, that's a nifty idea. LET'S DO THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE, NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."
    Hyperbole doesn't help.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •