Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    They better up the damage of SoR then, to compensate for the 2 GCDs. This is getting ridiculous. Yeah... Rets are going to be great. As if -.- Compared to vanilla maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I KNEW IT they'd never drop the GCD on seals because then those who took empowered seals would just macro them an GG.. so they are fine gimping the start of our aoe rotation by 1 gcd apparently
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Giving me less and less faith in ret for WoD... seriously give beta access!
    If they're forcing us to seal change to do aoe we might as well take the seal dance bullshit talent for every single fight with even 3 adds every minute...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Giving me less and less faith in ret for WoD... seriously give beta access!
    If they're forcing us to seal change to do aoe we might as well take the seal dance bullshit talent for every single fight with even 3 adds every minute...
    I have some faith, assuming they still leave DS and TV as options for any seal. If not, god help... but even I don't think they would be that dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw that tweet. Need to improvize.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No. I'm just not going to AoE then. I'll let the warriors/death knights/warlocks/hunters/basically every other class do that. They'll deal more damage anyway.

Rather stick with FV and DP and hope for more than average single target dps.
    EDIT: Or Seraphim for that matter, whatever sims for more.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I have some faith, assuming they still leave DS and TV as options for any seal. If not, god help... but even I don't think they would be that dumb.
    DS and TV was the follow up question. Also included mass exo, would be nice to get thrown a bone in this mess and have it made baseline for SoR, at least we'd be getting a second ability for SoR.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    No. I'm just not going to AoE then. I'll let the warriors/death knights/warlocks/hunters/basically every other class do that. They'll deal more damage anyway.

Rather stick with FV and DP and hope for more than average single target dps.
    EDIT: Or Seraphim for that matter, whatever sims for more.
    Assuming you get DS in all stances, it would be no different than now other than you are free a button. You can choose between full AoE if targets will live long (switch to SoR and HotR instead of CS) or you can choose to continue to single target (SoT with CS) while just replacing TV with DS for "Half AoE, half ST" for shorter lived and/or lower priority adds.

The only difference between then and now is that there's no "replace CS with Hammer at X targets, switch seals at Y targets." You simply do both at Z targets.

P.S. This is all assuming finishers are used in either stance; admittedly, if not I can't see Ret playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    He also confirmed that SoR will not change to add a dot component to it as well for those wondering in the original tweet when we learned that HoTR would be linked to SoR
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Deleted
    I'm not even mad. I'm legitimately impressed. I'm not sure they could get more out of touch with what we, as a class, want, if they were actively trying. It's like they're reading MMO-C and going "Hey, that's a nifty idea. LET'S DO THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE, NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I get the feeling they are going to shoehorn us into SoR to do ANY aoe at all , I think that DS and Mass exo will all be SoR,.. who knows maybe Judge will turn into Consecrate when in SoR .. so we go full on aoe beast mode with no single target AT ALL when in SoR ...we just don't know yet.. but one can speculate that this may happen

Why not just add the cleave component to Crusader Strike and scrap HotR alltogether? Howling Blast says hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    It's like they're reading MMO-C and going "Hey, that's a nifty idea. LET'S DO THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE, NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."
    That my friend is signature worthy , +1 internetz for you

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Honestly I get the feeling they are going to shoehorn us into SoR to do ANY aoe at all , I think that DS and Mass exo will all be SoR,..
    I don't get why they aren't confirming finishers on Seals for that. Like I said, I don't think they would actually do that, but that's my faith they aren't so dumb as to. Doing that would actually make an unplayable class, legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'm not even mad. I'm legitimately impressed. I'm not sure they could get more out of touch with what we, as a class, want, if they were actively trying. It's like they're reading MMO-C and going "Hey, that's a nifty idea. LET'S DO THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE, NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."
    Hyperbole doesn't help.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why not just add the cleave component to Crusader Strike and scrap HotR alltogether? Howling Blast says hello.
    I wouldn't mind that, but in that case you do have to wonder, why have Seals at all?

If I had my legitimate preference, it would be to scrap this "AoE stance" and "ST stance" that no other DPS has, and simply make Seals a utility choice for Ret (as I mentioned, an off-healing seal, an off-tanking seal, and a DPS seal), not a DPS requirement.

Say that to your raidleader and you'll be benched from any aoe/cleave fight where more aoe is needed. Should be anyways...
    Meanwhile I see no changes to warlocks or hunters that allow them to do aoe without losing any significant single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why they aren't confirming finishers on Seals for that. Like I said, I don't think they would actually do that, but that's my faith they aren't so dumb as to. Doing that would actually make an unplayable class, legit.
    I agree 100% .. but it looks like we are going down a bumpy road to be honest and I'm expecting the worst so I wont be disappointed

I wouldn't mind that, but in that case you do have to wonder, why have Seals at all?

If I had my legitimate preference, it would be to scrap this "AoE stance" and "ST stance" that no other DPS has, and simply make Seals a utility choice for Ret (as I mentioned, an off-healing seal, an off-tanking seal, and a DPS seal), not a DPS requirement.
    Yeah, would be the best way to go. Currently Seals are in the same situation Auras were back in the day. Scap 'em or make them not suck (and force us into using only one the whole expansion). Simple as that.

@ßear: I wasn't quite serious, I'm just a bit frustrated. Seeing already what they're doing... bah we need beta to CONFIRM it to them that that's stupid.

I hate that classes can do passive cleave, it's obnoxious as hell...