Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Victory! But this doesn't solve another issue, Empowered Seals being not fun to use even if theoretically good damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Paladins: We're planning to revert the changes to Seals and Hammer of the Righteous. Thanks for all your feedback. Keep it coming.

Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh

Heh Heh Heh

Heh Heh Heh
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Victory! But this doesn't solve another issue, Empowered Seals being not fun to use even if theoretically good damage.
    they should replace that piece of shit with something new and imaginative.
    Maybe sacred shield?...

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Ideally, it would cause Judgment to interact with seals like it used to, e.g. inflict more damage per stack of Censure. Hell, with SoR it could turn Judgment into a cleave, I'd be cool with that.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Wow. Encouraging to get not just a response, but a prompt one that acknowledges feedback. Even if it's a fluke, it's the best news we've had regarding Alpha this far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't use CLC or whatever. I do use addons but nothing related to rotation.
    Me neither. I have setup some weakauras to track inq, 4set bonus and holy power. Works fine for me.

Great!
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

In my opinion, the change that needs to happen with SoR to make it viable is to make all attacks trigger it, not just the melee attacks.

I'd love to see them answer Dakeshi's follow up question to that tweet where he asked about AoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, who is Faytte?
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

I'm Faytte (Rewyn, Wyrmrest Accord). I main Prot but I also do Ret (I only just started Heroic SoO, so still kinda nub -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
    I'm Faytte (Rewyn, Wyrmrest Accord). I main Prot but I also do Ret (I only just started Heroic SoO, so still kinda nub -.-)
    No worries, just see you tweeting and asking a lot of questions to the devs, so just curious. I'm a nub too, didn't start playing seriously until 5.2. Had about 8 months total WoW experience before that.

Yeah I'm probably over tweeting to be frank, but I got into a tizzy about the issues with the class. Trying to curb how vocal I've been (cry to much, people stop listening to you).

That said we have some fundamental issues which we kind of ignored up until now because for the most part seals have been set it and forget it. The idea of seal twisting have kind of cast a spot light on just how..dull the system is. It should not be an instance of Holy=Insight, Ret/Prot=the other two (and once in a blue moon ret might use its fourth).

If seals are a class feature, they should ~all~ be beneficial to ~all~ specs in some way, and give us flexibility/adaptability. It takes some re-imagining of what they are and what they do, but if done right out gameplay improves dramatically and the devs could much more easily implement their 'seal' twisting ideas. Don't force coal down peoples throats, cover it in sarancha sauce and bacon, makes it go down easier.

Seems though twitter is one of fastest avenues (maybe not best due to limited chars) to get information from the devs and then be able to form an opinion and/or argument about that information.

Doubt they would have made this change to pally's so quick (less than 24 hrs after official patch notes) without some feedback on twitter beforehand. Gets them asking the questions among themselves anyway, and it goes straight to the game designers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
    Yeah I'm probably over tweeting to be frank, but I got into a tizzy about the issues with the class. Trying to curb how vocal I've been (cry to much, people stop listening to you).

That said we have some fundamental issues which we kind of ignored up until now because for the most part seals have been set it and forget it. The idea of seal twisting have kind of cast a spot light on just how..dull the system is. It should not be an instance of Holy=Insight, Ret/Prot=the other two (and once in a blue moon ret might use its fourth).

If seals are a class feature, they should ~all~ be beneficial to ~all~ specs in some way, and give us flexibility/adaptability. It takes some re-imagining of what they are and what they do, but if done right out gameplay improves dramatically and the devs could much more easily implement their 'seal' twisting ideas. Don't force coal down peoples throats, cover it in sarancha sauce and bacon, makes it go down easier.
    Pretty much what I said about Seals. They should all be unique in their own way. Course that idea itself is hard to brainstorm about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    There's a reason why people come to mmo-champ instead of elitistjerks for ret information... not saying they're wrong but no addon is required to play ret, makes it easier? sure at times. But if you're experienced enough/calm enough during combat to see your rotation go along there's absolutely no reason at all to have clc ret.
    Easier =/= mandatory

Only addons I consider mandatory for raiding is Weak Auras, some form of bossmod for timers and maybe bar addon (bartender) so you can tidy things up, make keybindings easily and most importantly customize frames. (hide in combat, hide when not hovering over etc)

I'd be fine raiding with Weak Auras and DBM/other bossmod and bartender alone. The things you can do with weak auras is borderline cheating the game.
    I use Weak Auras too and I can create auras that are much better than CLCret... all these rotation addons are simple a group of weak auras
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Maybe we should wait and test empowered seals out before overjumping to conclusions about the "fun" factor
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Maybe we should wait and test empowered seals out before overjumping to conclusions about the "fun" factor
    They definitely create the most play style interaction, in respect to having to plan ahead so you can j and then switch back. Using empty globals to refresh buffs, not letting censure fall off a target in a two or three target fight, etc. I have a hard time believing the buffs are final. Attack speed changing to haste, Justice seal granted removal of snare effects, etc.

Overall, this tier has better ideas than what I think people want to give it credit for. If you don't want something involved -> FV, if you want another CD -> Seraph, if you want a lot of shit to track and plan for -> Seals. Something for everybody.

It's just the tuning that has to be worked out, mainly so that Seraph isn't shit in the first tier and then OP in the last tier. So that the benefit of seals is paid for in the cost of the maintenance, because in the first tier just maintaining buffs will *likely* cost ~13% of the duration (2 gcd uses to swap back and forth assuming 15-20% haste), and in the final tier maintenance will cost at least 10% of the of the duration (50% haste, if achievable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see they're listening and willing to renege on their changes based on feedback.

As far as Emp Seals I think it's a little unfair to want the talent to be changed if you don't like the thought of seal twisting, since there are two other options for the tier. There are a good number of paladins that are excited to have seal twisting back in some form, and since balancing hasn't gone through yet it's wrong to assume you'll be forced to take it. As long as the talents are all within 2-3% performance of each other it will be fine, since at that level personal playstyle will have more of an effect on dps than theoretical maximums.

Well that's all well and good. But I don't want Final Verdict to be nerfed to be "fair" to the other talents if (when) they turn out to be hot garbage and no one is willing to spec them. Emp. Seals needs some kind of buff. Seals off GCD would be one way to handle it, or the benefit of judging Righteousness could be increased substantially. Not sure what they can do for Seraphim, if it ends up balanced for last tier no one will want it before then, and if it's good in the first tier it will be the only choice.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

*snip*
    Late to the party it seems, nice to see them removing the BS seal CS/HotR interaction.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-04-24 at 10:48 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well that's all well and good. But I don't want Final Verdict to be nerfed to be "fair" to the other talents if (when) they turn out to be hot garbage and no one is willing to spec them. Emp. Seals needs some kind of buff. Seals off GCD would be one way to handle it, or the benefit of judging Righteousness could be increased substantially. Not sure what they can do for Seraphim, if it ends up balanced for last tier no one will want it before then, and if it's good in the first tier it will be the only choice.
    FV will fall behind on any encounter that has heavy aoe.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-04-24 at 10:51 PM.

What tier are you playing in? Besides, despite this inherent "advantage," that ES and Seraphm share there have already been those here who want FV handicapped because it's "too passive" and "boring" as if Emp. Seals isn't, and Seraph won't just be macroed...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"