Ya can we please stop derailing this thread..... Just w8 until raid testing comes out to start complaining....
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

holy paladin 2 piece got changed from
    Increases the healing of Word of Glory and Light of Dawn by 10%.
    to
    When you cast Word of Glory, you gain Light's Favor, which lets you cast a free Light of Dawn at 25% effectiveness. When you cast Light of Dawn, you gain Lawful Words, which lets you cast a free Word of Glory at 25% effectiveness.

Item - Paladin T17 Holy 2P Bonus XX OLD (Increases the healing of Word of Glory and Light of Dawn by 10%)XX. NEW When you cast Word of Glory, you gain Light's Favor, which lets you cast a free Light of Dawn at 25% effectiveness. When you cast Light of Dawn, you gain Lawful Words, which lets you cast a free Word of Glory at 25% effectiveness.

i dont see how this can work with lv 75 talents....pop AW because there big damage coming in but now you have a wasted GCD using 25% heal after each EF or LoD .

after rereading bounus i see that you could just not use the proc and just spam EF or LoD
    Last edited by zepyjoe; 2014-06-20 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachblossom View Post
    holy paladin 2 piece got changed
    Still junk especially with the "cast time" on the finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Still junk especially with the "cast time" on the finishers.
    I agree cast time on finisher is a bad idea,
    but that doesn't make any difference on the 2 piece..
    We cant move as much but still have the same 1.5 (no haste) GCD.

Deleted
    As the set bonus is right now, there's nothing(except you not casting either LoD or EF for 10 secs) breaking the no mana cycle. Potentially broken results with DP as well. Doubt its going live.

Its also not worth it output wise unless you go oom, in which case its free healing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    As the set bonus is right now, there's nothing(except you not casting either LoD or EF for 10 secs) breaking the no mana cycle. Potentially broken results with DP as well. Doubt its going live.

Its also not worth it output wise unless you go oom, in which case its free healing at least.
    so you could build up 3 HP then forever cast LoD > WoG > LoD > WoG?

im sure that's not intended

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

Definitely not. I'm sure they just mean if you cast one, then you cast the other at 25% effectiveness. Definitely a bug if the 25% effective one is proccing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

If you enjoy healing at 25% effectiveness, sure you can do that.

I dont see 2 piece going live with chain procs or the free heal working with mastery ..

Quote Originally Posted by zepyjoe View Post
    I dont see 2 piece going live with chain procs or the free heal working with mastery ..
    The free heal should proc mastery, just not chain proccing infinitely.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I like the bonus set, at least isnt the boring (increase X healing by Y%)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    I like the bonus set, at least isnt the boring (increase X healing by Y%)
    While that is true, the bonus is also strange because it increases mana efficiency at the expense of throughput. I am wondering if we'll have to have a /cancelaura macro ready to remove bonus effects when we absolutely need high throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Definitely not. I'm sure they just mean if you cast one, then you cast the other at 25% effectiveness. Definitely a bug if the 25% effective one is proccing it.
    Right, I guess he was referring to the 25% EF/LoD proc'cing Divine Purpose (I'd assume the DP proc is counted before the 25%, since after all it is better).

Throughput-wise, it will be sad if we are literally /cancelaura on the proc because it is that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Actually its not a bug.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=166781
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=166780

All that Light's Favor and Lawful Words do is

Effect #1 Apply Aura: Add Modifier - % (14)
    Value: -100%
    Effect #2 Apply Aura: Add Modifier - %
    Value: -75%

More or less that translates into : spell is free( see http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=90174) and spell's healing is reduced by 75%

There's nothing prevent you to cycle through them except the fact that its dogshit healing(Holy Light alone outheals it). The only thing going for this set bonus is actually that its free to begin with. Its quite possible we need cancel aura macros anyway.

The original weaving idea suggested was

When you cast Eternal Flame, you get a buff that increased the number of targets affected by Light of Dawn.
    When you cast LoD, you get a buff that makes the next Eternal Flame buff spread to a nearby injured ally that doesn't have Eternal Flame up.

sad we got the current version.

Its just really odd. Asking us to spend additional time casting a really weak spell doesn't feel like a bonus at all. It feels like a hindrance in many respects.

so they basically added 1hp LoD into 1hp EF rotation, dont they?
    Last edited by btard; 2014-06-21 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Its just really odd. Asking us to spend additional time casting a really weak spell doesn't feel like a bonus at all. It feels like a hindrance in many respects.
    Exactly, if all finishers were instant it would still be an extremely weak bonus but could at least be helpful to save for movement.

If this bonus makes it to live, there is 0 chance that they will proc off each other. Outside of cancel macros, it will force you into an endless weak heal, no mana cost cycle.

The goal of the 2pc is, I believe, to give you free and mana efficient extra healing for the parts of the fight where there's little damage going out. When you have to spam EFs on the raid, do so and don't use the bonus. When the damage is low though, use it so you can regen mana.
    Last edited by Bionix; 2014-06-21 at 04:19 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Can anyone figure out a situation, where the 2 piece proc should NOT be ignored?

- - - Updated - - -

btw, I remember sometime ago a blue post said tier bonus is one method to nerf a class.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe, if they can make this effect stack, after 4 WoG/EF you get a full free LoD?
    ==========================================================================
    We do not know what 4piece is, right?

If this 2 piece goes to live, I personally will add cancelauro into my EF and LoD macro
    Last edited by paladative; 2014-06-23 at 02:26 PM.