Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh you cant look in big wigs and cast it after a fire spawns, do you? are you the one who uses combat res before big nuke from boss? i dont think mythic raiding is for you then.

btw you also asked blizzard to make abilities that require some skill to use, not faceroll ones.

Quote Originally Posted by btard View Post
    oh you cant look in big wigs and cast it after a fire spawns, do you? are you the one who uses combat res before big nuke from boss? i dont think mythic raiding is for you then.

btw you also asked blizzard to make abilities that require some skill to use, not faceroll ones.
    skill = standing still for 4 sec doing nothing

i still dont understand what your point is. dp @ 7% is by far stronger than cjl.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    skill = standing still for 4 sec doing nothing
    you told me it's that hard

i still dont understand what your point is. dp @ 7% is by far stronger than cjl.
    7% DP gives me nothing because i dont have extra holy power to use it for mana. holy paladin is about cheating holy power somehow and using it on EF/LoD. using DP kills the core mechanic of holy paladin unless you are bloated with holy power somehow.

you told me it's that hard

7% DP gives me nothing because i dont have extra holy power to use it for mana. holy paladin is about cheating holy power somehow and using it on EF/LoD. using DP kills the core mechanic of holy paladin unless you are bloated with holy power somehow.
    you gain mana tho now:

Divine Plea: Instantly regain 7.0% of maximum mana.
    Holy Light: Now 11.5% of base mana, down from 18.5%.
    Holy Radiance: Now 44.0% of base mana, down from 49.0%.
    Holy Shock: Now 9.5% of base mana, down from 15.0%.

using live numbers (60k base mana, 300k max mana):

holy shock @ 9.5% = 5700 mana cost * 3 = 17100
    dp @ 7% max mana = return is 21000

happy now? you actually gain mana. now that's what i call op

now i dont need divine plea either... these numbers are too low, passive mana regen would be enough

now i dont need divine plea either... these numbers are too low, passive mana regen would be enough
    How do you know? We haven't seen ANYTHING about what our passive regen will look like. Also, if you not using your mana, you're not hitting your buttons hard enough. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll stack haste until I can outcast my passive regen.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

because cjl does no dmg in the stance it restores mana
    Source? I see 100% more damage in patch notes, not 100% less.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Source? I see 100% more damage in patch notes, not 100% less.
    thats in dps form. we got told by celestalon that it deals no dmg in (or well, negligible) serpent stance.

holy shock @ 9.5% = 5700 mana cost * 3 = 17100
    dp @ 7% max mana = return is 21000
    yay 15-20 sec of 0 healing to regen 4k mana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    yay 15-20 sec of 0 healing to regen 4k mana.

- - - Updated - - -
    That's not actually accurate at all. The values I've heard floated around for WoD mana pools are 32k base and 160k max. The most efficient rotation will be HS, HLx2 on the Beacon for a total of 10.4k mana spent to gain 11.2k mana. That makes us mana positive in regen mode and we never have to stop healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    That's not actually accurate at all. The values I've heard floated around for WoD mana pools are 32k base and 160k max. The most efficient rotation will be HS, HLx2 on the Beacon for a total of 10.4k mana spent to gain 11.2k mana. That makes us mana positive in regen mode and we never have to stop healing.
    And monks spamming Soothing Mist is mana-positive today. We might get mana nerfed, or maybe other healers are all intended to use low-throughput, slow cheap heals without losing mana at base. Not sure, but I'm at least confident we'll be balanced in that direction for now (it seems so much easier without spirit as a major factor, to be honest).

thats in dps form. we got told by celestalon that it deals no dmg in (or well, negligible) serpent stance.
    Can you link the tweet again? Is it recent, or weeks old? And "negligible" is one thing versus "zero," to be quite frank today when I stop healing and do nothing but spam Denounce like a train, I'm doing "negligible" damage (it is seriously pathetic), no healing, losing mana.

Perhaps that's how Denounce damage will be too in Warlords also. My sympathy there is quite evaporated.

Deleted
    using live numbers (60k base mana, 300k max mana)
    But aren't they getting rid of "base" <anything> for WoD?

If they are, then the reduction in cost is only to compensate for base mana removal. I'm sure those numbers are just adjusted to make the spells equally effective in the new mana/regen system.

Classes that mana and non-mana based specs have a passive that increased base mana to workable levels for healers/casters. So Druids, Paladins, Monks, Shaman all have base mana and base mana costs for a lot of spells. The passive is a 500% multiplier. They're obviously not getting rid of the concept of base mana.

The mana balance we're seeing now seem more like they're turning some knobs in the models to find the regen sweet spot and to tune our active regen mechanics.

How do you know? We haven't seen ANYTHING about what our passive regen will look like. Also, if you not using your mana, you're not hitting your buttons hard enough. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll stack haste until I can outcast my passive regen.
    http://i.imgur.com/z3tBf.png MoP start 9400 spirit in blue gear
    that's about 4% max mana per 5 seconds with spirit flask
    i assume similar mana regen on WoD start

Deleted
    And monks spamming Soothing Mist is mana-positive today. We might get mana nerfed, or maybe other healers are all intended to use low-throughput, slow cheap heals without losing mana at base. Not sure, but I'm at least confident we'll be balanced in that direction for now (it seems so much easier without spirit as a major factor, to be honest).

Can you link the tweet again? Is it recent, or weeks old? And "negligible" is one thing versus "zero," to be quite frank today when I stop healing and do nothing but spam Denounce like a train, I'm doing "negligible" damage (it is seriously pathetic), no healing, losing mana.

Perhaps that's how Denounce damage will be too in Warlords also. My sympathy there is quite evaporated.
    Denounce doesn't lock you in place for 4 seconds and if you cancel it while casting you don't lose any mana.

http://intplate.com/guides-2/whats-n...ds-of-draenor/

WoG and EF buffed. All Level 90 talents nerfed.

Mana costs on HL, HR and HS reduced.
    All healer classes are buffed, and mama cost are reduce. This might suggest passive/spirit regen is not good at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Denounce doesn't lock you in place for 4 seconds and if you cancel it while casting you don't lose any mana.
    You don't use mana while cancelling CJL either, and you're not locked in place - you can cancel. (4 seconds is pretty harsh for CJL too, so that's not my vision of a good model, I'd go with more around 2.5-3).

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a bad assumption. They want our total regen (base + active) to be around Throne of Thunder level, I believe. Active means bad players will have less, good players more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mezmer1411 View Post
    But aren't they getting rid of "base" <anything> for WoD?

If they are, then the reduction in cost is only to compensate for base mana removal. I'm sure those numbers are just adjusted to make the spells equally effective in the new mana/regen system.
    They are only getting rid of base damage/healing/hp etc. for things that further scale from a stat. They are not planning to revert mana scaling to int back again and it will still be static.

http://i.imgur.com/z3tBf.png MoP start 9400 spirit in blue gear
    that's about 4% max mana per 5 seconds with spirit flask
    Wrong assumption. Read the dev watercooler about healing. It states pretty clearly that they want our base regen to be higher. So does pretty much every 2nd tweet about mana in WoD from blues.
    Last edited by mmocf2364a4e42; 2014-04-25 at 03:56 PM.

does that mean that our regen will be greater than 4% max mana per 5 seconds?

Deleted
    You don't use mana while cancelling CJL either, and you're not locked in place - you can cancel. (4 seconds is pretty harsh for CJL too, so that's not my vision of a good model, I'd go with more around 2.5-3).
    But you can gain mana purely from instants with DP, MW cannot.