Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    or just add that extra 25% heal to the next WoG/LoD you cast

There are a million and one better ways to implement the gains of the bonus. What they think they're achieving with this nonsense downside I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by paladative View Post

btw, I remember sometime ago a blue post said tier bonus is one method to nerf a class.
    If they really wanted to nerf paladins via a set bonus (which is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard), they wouldn't make it so you could just /cancelaura. That or just avoid getting the set bonus in the first place (depending on what our 4 piece is).

btw, I remember sometime ago a blue post said tier bonus is one method to nerf a class.
    What they meant wasn't giving a bad tier bonus to nerf a class(because this is dumb since if tier bonuses are bad we just skip tier and go to offset pieces anyway), but to nerf egregious tier bonuses that make a class too strong with it.

Just like the 2 seconds off Holy Shock CD which made every paladin refuse to upgrade to T15 until they nerfed it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If they made the set bonus to just give 25% extra healing to the next EF when you cast LoD and LoD when you cast EF, it would be much better.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Is this 2piece bonus their way to promote divine purpose?

Is this 2piece bonus their way to promote divine purpose?
    I think it's their way to promote /cancelaura macros.

Deleted
    Since people might not understand the issue with the set bonus:

If you are speced Eternal Flame your go to Holy Power spender is Eternal Flame. Suppose the situation happens when you need LoD, you need its effect(spread healing 6 players) to happen NOW or there's no point to LoD. What the set bonus does is first do a shit 25% of LoD heal before allowing you to cast the real 100% LoD heal. Worse is that the next EF you do will be a shit 25% EF also, so if a full EF was needed that guy is probably dead.
    Likewise if you are not speced Eternal Flame your go to Holy Power spender is LoD. In case you need to WoG, you need it to heal NOW and not later just because of the set bonus.

This means in order to function properly, you need to cancel the effect of the set bonus entirely(via /cancelaura macros) so you skip the shit 25% heal part. The set bonus while an HPM gain(since free heals) is an HPS loss(because it adds a 1.5 sec cast time heal for nothing each time you swap between LoD and EF/WoG).

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    This means in order to function properly, you need to cancel the effect of the set bonus entirely(via /cancelaura macros) so you skip the shit 25% heal part. The set bonus while an HPM gain(since free heals) is an HPS loss(because it adds a 1.5 sec cast time heal for nothing each time you swap between LoD and EF/WoG).
    The saddest part is if finishers were actually finishers (and not casts) then it would be just a "bad" instead of terrible set bonus since you could at least use the free mobility cast. But nope.

Our 4pc bonus (datamined?):
    Heal has a 10% chance to imbue you with Light's Grace. Light's Grace increases your spirit by 10% for 10 sec.
    My 'I-am-not-in-alpha' analysis:

Since most mana comes from baseline regen (as opposed to spirit), this is a pretty uninspired bonus. Combined with 2pc, which is actually harmful, and the good ol' tradition of choosing useless stats for the first tier set of an expansion, we are probably going to avoid tier pieces, concentrating on getting off-set pieces with good stats instead.

(Eventually Blizzard will say WTF and change our set bonus(es) to something less useless... close to the end of the first raid tier, most likely.)

Deleted
    For the first time in the history of Wow(in my knowledge) all healers have the same second tier set bonus. Are they out of fresh ideas?

This 4pc seems like it should be a 2pc. I cannot fathom a more boring set bonus. On the flipside, all the healers got equally boring 4pc so we'll all be "meh" together or, as MCC said, not so much and just itemizing outside of set.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

the 4pc values (10% chance, 10% bonus spirit) are placeholders atm

i think spirit's pretty important: it gives a lot more flexibility to how you heal.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2014-06-26 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Since people might not understand the issue with the set bonus:

If you are speced Eternal Flame your go to Holy Power spender is Eternal Flame. Suppose the situation happens when you need LoD, you need its effect(spread healing 6 players) to happen NOW or there's no point to LoD. What the set bonus does is first do a shit 25% of LoD heal before allowing you to cast the real 100% LoD heal. Worse is that the next EF you do will be a shit 25% EF also, so if a full EF was needed that guy is probably dead.
    Likewise if you are not speced Eternal Flame your go to Holy Power spender is LoD. In case you need to WoG, you need it to heal NOW and not later just because of the set bonus.

Exactly. I've never seen a set bonus that could actually lead to someone dying because of how the set bonus is set up. I think whoever made this set bonus was clearly drunk when they came up with the idea.

As for the 4pc, it's dog as well. 10% spirit means jack shit in the grand scheme of things, and having a 10% chance to proc is even worse. Granted, those are probably placeholder numbers, but still there's nothing valuable about gaining a small percent of spirit for a small percent of the fight, unless they made it comparable to a Mana Tide Totem.

Looks like I will be going all non-spec for this tier after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    As for the 4pc, it's dog as well. 10% spirit means jack shit in the grand scheme of things, and having a 10% chance to proc is even worse. Granted, those are probably placeholder numbers, but still there's nothing valuable about gaining a small percent of spirit for a small percent of the fight, unless they made it comparable to a Mana Tide Totem.
    The numbers are just random numbers by the looks of it. Still, it's a way of gaining spirit from pieces of gear that can't contain spirit otherwise. The question is how much we will care about the extra spirit I guess. In the first tier (before we start leaving out spirit pieces) it might be more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    The numbers are just random numbers by the looks of it. Still, it's a way of gaining spirit from pieces of gear that can't contain spirit otherwise. The question is how much we will care about the extra spirit I guess. In the first tier (before we start leaving out spirit pieces) it might be more valuable.
    from messing around on my holy pally on the alpha:

if you go holy shock > holy light repeat with EF at 3 holy power (xd) w/ divine purpose you don't go OOM.

the moment you start using holy radiance your mana suffers (like every healer)

...and honestly the 1.5 sec cast is completely fine. the biggest problem i saw is that there's very little reason to take anything but EF because the other 2 talents are just really horrible
    Last edited by Floopa; 2014-06-26 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    from messing around on my holy pally on the alpha:

if you go holy shock > holy light repeat with EF at 3 chi w/ divine purpose you don't go OOM.

the moment you start using holy radiance your mana suffers (like every healer)

...and honestly the 1.5 sec cast is completely fine. the biggest problem i saw is that there's very little reason to take anything but EF because the other 2 talents are just really horrible

given that alpha at the moment is only till 92 you can't say anything about mana managment... they gave us a list where they showed us our regen and at 92 its about 4-4,5 times higher than on 100....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorem View Post
    given that alpha at the moment is only till 92 you can't say anything about mana managment... they gave us a list where they showed us our regen and at 92 its about 4-4,5 times higher than on 100....
    they have a lvl 100 server with ilvl 660 epics. it's down atm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    they have a lvl 100 server with ilvl 660 epics. it's down atm though.
    oh nice i didn't know this, i thought only lvl92 and alliance areas are open right now .. i read something about lvl100 premades but i thought they never where open to tests.

so your mana spendings where on an lvl100 char with epics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorem View Post
    oh nice i didn't know this, i thought only lvl92 and alliance areas are open right now .. i read something about lvl100 premades but i thought they never where open to tests.

so your mana spendings where on an lvl100 char with epics?
    ilvl 660 epics which i think is pre-raid considering pvp testing was done at 690 ilvl (the ilvl scales up on all items).