BM Opener with Synapse Springs

Hey everyone, my damage has always been pretty good using the opener I've always used for BM so i haven't felt the need to change it, but after dumping mining for engineering I'm taking a second look at it with the addition of synapse springs.

Here's my opener:

Pre-pot
    Berserking (troll) + Rapid Fire
    Stampede
    BW
    SrS
    Glaive
    1 AS
    KC (for 3 charges with 4 set)
    DB
    a few AS
    KC (just before BW ends, with synapse still proc'd)

If I stick to what I'm doing, should i just stick synapse in with the berserking + rapid fire? Any suggestions on how I can improve it would be greatly appreciated, thanks gents.

armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cloth/advanced

raidbots:
    http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/...ow/tablecloth/

Macroing synapse springs into other cooldowns / arcane shot is best like 95%+ of the time. With such a short cd you want as much uptime as possible and every second you delay it or forget about it is a loss. Don't just macro it to something like rapid fire either, then it's going off 1/3m rather than 3/3m. Exceptions could be things such as doing fights like Spine of Deathwing or Siegecrafter on cutting edge progression where you want to ensure 100% that it is up for the crucial burns, but that doesn't really apply to you at the moment. And even fights like those, once they become more outgeared and "on farm", you can just go back to fire and forget mode.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Macroing synapse springs into other cooldowns / arcane shot is best like 95%+ of the time. With such a short cd you want as much uptime as possible and every second you delay it or forget about it is a loss. Don't just macro it to something like rapid fire either, then it's going off 1/3m rather than 3/3m. Exceptions could be things such as doing fights like Spine of Deathwing or Siegecrafter on cutting edge progression where you want to ensure 100% that it is up for the crucial burns, but that doesn't really apply to you at the moment. And even fights like those, once they become more outgeared and "on farm", you can just go back to fire and forget mode.
    Basically this, in this tier with the CDR trinket and all, Synapse Springs doesn't really line up with anything decently so you may as well just macro it into all of your shots.. Same with Blood Fury/Berserking/Rapid, honestly.

/cast Rabid
    /use 10
    /cast Berserking
    in all your shots.

Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    Here's my opener:

Pre-pot
    Berserking (troll) + Rapid Fire
    Stampede
    BW
    SrS
    Glaive
    1 AS
    KC (for 3 charges with 4 set)
    DB
    a few AS
    KC (just before BW ends, with synapse still proc'd)

If I stick to what I'm doing, should i just stick synapse in with the berserking + rapid fire? Any suggestions on how I can improve it would be greatly appreciated, thanks gents.
    Personally I stick synapse on BW, this gives you full synapse while BW is up. Theres a lot of discussion on the actual opening in other threads, don't think they covered this exact question though, more about skill order. For example, I'm not sure about that Berserking/Rapid fire placement

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Basically this, in this tier with the CDR trinket and all, Synapse Springs doesn't really line up with anything decently so you may as well just macro it into all of your shots.. Same with Blood Fury/Berserking/Rapid, honestly.

/cast Rabid
    /use 10
    /cast Berserking
    in all your shots.
    do you seriously think this is the way to go? i have my macro with rapid fire + berserking + synapse setup so that it shows the synapse cd, this way i know every 3rd synapse i'll also have a berserking. i have rapid fire and berserking both elsewhere on my bars unbinded just so i'm aware of the CD in the meantime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Personally I stick synapse on BW, this gives you full synapse while BW is up. Theres a lot of discussion on the actual opening in other threads, don't think they covered this exact question though, more about skill order. For example, I'm not sure about that Berserking/Rapid fire placement
    it's the only way i can get the last kill command in with synapse and have it affect my stampede as well. if you macro synapse with BW they line up terribly

10+ Year Old Account
    do you seriously think this is the way to go? i have my macro with rapid fire + berserking + synapse setup so that it shows the synapse cd, this way i know every 3rd synapse i'll also have a berserking. i have rapid fire and berserking both elsewhere on my bars unbinded just so i'm aware of the CD in the meantime
    Yes id also add rapid fire to all shots too with 2 piece t 16. It doesn't cost a global.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Yes id also add rapid fire to all shots too with 2 piece t 16. It doesn't cost a global.
    I wouldn't macro Rapid Fire. I sometimes delay Rapid Fire by 5-10 seconds or so if my big burst is about to start(AKA Engi Tinker, Blood Fury, ICD trinket, Stampede, potion).

You're not gonna get screwed if you macro RF to your shots but it's a DPS loss in some cases as Tehterokkar explained.

It's one less button to press, though, so if you have trouble finding keybind spots anymore/generally feel like you could be better off with a button less to press, you might as well do it.

I personally don't, though, but 98% of the time I still find myself using it exactly on cooldown, I just like being able to control it just in case.

it's the only way i can get the last kill command in with synapse and have it affect my stampede as well. if you macro synapse with BW they line up terribly
    Are we talking about the opener or just in general? I'm not saying only use synapse with BW, for the opener though it makes sense. Stampede is 20 second duration, stampede beasts update dynamically.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I wouldn't macro Rapid Fire. I sometimes delay Rapid Fire by 5-10 seconds or so if my big burst is about to start(AKA Engi Tinker, Blood Fury, ICD trinket, Stampede, potion).
    didn't end up including rapid fire in the macro, i'd rather have the control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Are we talking about the opener or just in general? I'm not saying only use synapse with BW, for the opener though it makes sense. Stampede is 20 second duration, stampede beasts update dynamically.
    didn't think that stampede updated dynamically. what would you have changed in the rotation?

Deleted
    didn't end up including rapid fire in the macro, i'd rather have the control.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't think that stampede updated dynamically. what would you have changed in the rotation?
    One thing you should change in your opener, is pre-cast Glaive toss at -1 seconds on the pull. It has a travel time, so it wont pre-pull the boss. It has the highest chance to proc your AoC ICD trinket out of all your abilities, and getting that proccing asap is the bread and butter to a perfect opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-pot
    Glaive Toss
    Serpent Sting
    Beastial Wrath
    Kill Command
    RapidFire + Stampede
    Arcane Shot x2
    Kill Command (With last few seconds of trinkets and 5 stack of 4 set)
    That's what i've had the best luck with, SS early for trinket procs as GT doesn't always proc TeD or AoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-pot
    Serpent sting (Trinket should procc here)
    DB
    Stamped + Rapid fire + BW (Engi gloves, macro in BW)
    Kill command
    Glaive
    Arcan shot until KC is ready again.

This gives the highest damage output because you use all the BW uptime to do damage, and not apply dots.

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Quote Originally Posted by eixx View Post
    Pre-pot
    Serpent sting (Trinket should procc here)
    DB
    Stamped + Rapid fire + BW (Engi gloves, macro in BW)
    Kill command
    Glaive
    Arcan shot until KC is ready again.

This gives the highest damage output because you use all the BW uptime to do damage, and not apply dots.
    Except you lose a bunch of TED stacks on your first Kill Command and waste the first global of your 20-stack Detonator proc to use a global that doesn't do immediate high damage.. And the next one again - so even if you only do damaging globals during BW, the damage gain from doing that is probably quite a lot smaller than getting a superhigh-stack Kill Command off.

By not using a pre-Glaive Toss, or at the very least a GT as the first shot, you lose out on a rapid double-chance to proc a Dextrous, and if you end up popping Stampede say 5s before Dextrous procs you lose 25% of that benefit. Glaive Toss isn't guaranteed to proc Dextrous, but you should make use of the higher chance to do so.

Also, macroing Engi gloves into BW is a waste of uptime assuming that's the only thing you macro it into and you're quite simply gimping your own DPS there.

Deleted
    I personally macro it with BW on BM and BA on Surv, then pop KC/ES with a following GT. DPS feels nice, I don't feel bothered with it.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    DPS feels nice, I don't feel bothered with it.
    ;/ No words.