Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Two men hospitalized after 'Legend of Zelda' sword stabbing, This is bizarre

This has to be, the most... Hilarious yet WTF stabbing I've ever read about.. But I wouldn't really call it a stabbing, more of a self defense act.
    There is a video of one of the men talking to a news reporter in the article, Feel free to watch.

News Article on the story

We have a bizarre story that happened overnight in Katy. One man says he had to grab a sword in a duel with his girlfriend's estranged husband.

"Swords and flower pots; it sounds nuts, he is psycho," said Eugene Thompson, the homeowner's boyfriend.

According to deputies with the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Thompson lives at a home with his girlfriend and said Saturday night they got into an argument. That's when his girlfriend called her estranged husband, who stopped by the house around 10 p.m.

Thompson's girlfriend let the man inside. Thompson said he ran to the back bedroom and told the man to leave the house, but he refused and started charging at him. That's when Thompson says he grabbed his replica master sword from 'The Legend of Zelda.'

"I heard him heading to the bedroom where I was, so I jumped in the closet and I grabbed one of my replica swords, and I pulled it out and stood at the doorway, and he was coming down the hallway at me while I was yelling, 'Go away, you don't live here' and he just walked right into the point of the sword, I don't know if he thought it was a toy," said Thompson.

Thompson told Local 2 he managed to get the man out of the house and locked the door. But he said the man wouldn't give up and broke through the front door and ran back into the house.

Deputies said the two men fought over the sword and in the scuffle, the estranged husband was stabbed -- once in the chest and once in the leg. Thompson said the man grabbed a flower pot from outside and smashed it over his head.

"It dinged me on the head and all of a sudden I had blood pouring down my face," said Thompson.

Deputies arrived and took the estranged husband to Memorial Hermann Hospital in serious condition.

Thompson was transported to another hospital to get the gash in his head stitched up. Thompson said now he's trying to figure out what to do.

"I am just trying to figure out what to do from here. I have to find a new place to live," said Thompson.

Thompson's girlfriend was not injured in the fight.

Flower pots and zelda sword?! This was a fucking epic fight! Go thompson!

Aside from how epic that is, I also find it amusing that yet again, two men fight and get injured (and probably charged) because of a woman, who is uninjured and will almost certainly face no charges; and people wonder why more men are in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Aside from how epic that is, I also find it amusing that yet again, two men fight and get injured (and probably charged) because of a woman, who is uninjured and will almost certainly face no charges; and people wonder why more men are in prison.
    Why are you even trying to blame the woman? Come on...

SHe LET HIM IN. It's 100% her fault lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    IKR its not like she called the other guy and opened the door. OT throwing pots and stabbing with master swords sounds awesome. The only things missing from that scenario is an ocarina and a pointy green hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Because SHE called him and let him in.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Is what I imagine.

Deleted
    Guess Zelda, Link and Ganon had a final show-down huh? So who got the Tri-force now?

So from what the article says, the estranged husband is definitely at fault and there is a high chance of the girlfriend being at fault as well.

People who call their estranged husband during an argument with their new boyfriend are likely not calling them to have them come over and play Monopoly. I'm thinking it's likely she called him to come over and beat up the boyfriend/provoke a confrontation.

This case is kinda ridiculous all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There would be no fight if either of the men had behaved civilly. Unless you're going to offer some evidence that she did what she did with the intent that this would occur, then no, you really have no reason to blame her.
    The men behaved civilly? You mean if the estranged husband had behaved civilly. The guy who pursued and provoked a fight. I find it highly likely she called him with that sort of intent because who the fuck calls their estranged husband over during a fight with their boyfriend just for the fun of it?

There would be no fight if either of the men had behaved civilly.
    I'm sorry, what? Thompson ran to the back bedroom, told the man to leave, and defended himself with what amounts to a decorative toy. How much more civil do you have to get when a man is in your home menacing you?

Unless you're going to offer some evidence that she did what she did with the intent that this would occur, then no, you really have no reason to blame her.
    You honestly believe she called her estranged husband during an argument so that the two men could have a polite chat?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Because SHE called him and let him in.
    Both of which are perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    Signature comment: Yeah, but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler.

The estranged husband was told to leave by the home owner and was more or less chased upstairs. The home owner was justifiable in stabbing the guy, especially considering he had already fled from the confrontation. ***When the husband was ordered to leave, it turned into trespassing, when he went upstairs it became assault. That being said, he needs to dump the girlfriend, press charges against the estranged husband and sue him for damages.

***Edit, turns out the woman may have been the home owner, so scratch that.
    Last edited by dontknowdoya; 2014-03-03 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Both of which are perfectly legal.

Signature comment: Yeah, but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler.
    Yeah, but he killed that guy as well, so it's kinda even.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but he killed that guy as well, so it's kinda even.
    GAH, infinite recursion!

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And what charges should be placed against the woman? Being in the company of idiots? Failing to prevent stabbing? Being at the scene of an assault? None of those are a crime anywhere I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    The estranged husband was told to leave by the home owner and was more or less chased upstairs. The home owner was justifiable in stabbing the guy, especially considering he had already fled from the confrontation. When the husband was ordered to leave, it turned into trespassing, when he went upstairs it became assault. That being said, he needs to dump the girlfriend, press charges against the estranged husband and sue him for damages.
    Eh, it's a bit more complicated than that. I'd say he's still justified in his defense but as for the husband trespassing, the girlfriend is the one who let him in, and she is the homeowner.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    The home owner was justifiable in stabbing the guy, especially considering he had already fled from the confrontation.
    I believe the girlfriend is actually the homeowner.

Eh, it's a bit more complicated than that. I'd say he's still justified in his defense but as for the husband trespassing, the girlfriend is the one who let him in, and she is the homeowner.
    That does muddy the water up a little bit. I thought he was the home owner. Still the stabbing was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    And what charges should be placed against the woman?
    Solicitation of assault.