Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation touch of elune racial is BULLSHIT

what if u are never able to play during the day? we will never be able to use our 1% crit racial, instead, for us night time only players, we can only take advantage of the 1% haste when we get back home.

isn't this wrong?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what if u are never able to play during the day? we will never be able to use our 1% crit racial, instead, for us night time only players, we can only take advantage of the 1% haste when we get back home.

isn't this wrong?
    It really depends how crit and haste work in WoD. I know haste works differently. I also don't think this will make it to live.

Nope your overreacting

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK in WoD stats are supposed to give about the same damage increase, so it shouldn't matter. No need to get upset.

Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

I must say your avatar is quite a fitting representation of your post.

And hey if you want crit during the day.... join a day raiding guild.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

1% crit instead of 1% haste makes me SO MAD ARGH

I think its too gimmicky, but sort of interesting.

It's important to see the new stat weights first, that's why I haven't race changed my Nelf yet.

But yes, over reacting.

As a proud Kaldorei I humbly disagree with your post OP.

Like KungFuFanta said I like how Blizzard adds some lore flavor to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    AFAIK in WoD stats are supposed to give about the same damage increase, so it shouldn't matter. No need to get upset.
    Ultimately though, one stat will give a bigger benefit to different classes, meaning that min/maxers will be looking for the best buff from the racials.

If you raid at a certain time, think about not going night elf. If you raid at the time where Haste is being used and haste is your best stat, good for you. If not, then go another race, simple really.

I for one find it to be an interesting racial. Also it's only like, 1% so it'll have a minor impact on your DPS, which shouldn't really worry you. That is, unless, you're in the word first raiding scene or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    As a proud Kaldorei, I disagree with your post OP.

Like KungFuFanta said I like how Blizzard adds some lore flavor to it
    He should be happy that unlike in Warcraft 3, Nelves can also Shadowmeld during the day.

Play worgen if you want crit at the night. Play Gnome if you want haste in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

isn't this wrong?
    Sure it'll be tweaked before it goes live or maybe it won't even make it live. Time will tell.

If you're never able to play during the day then it's simply a 1% haste racial, like a goblin except with continuous movespeed buff instead of a jump. If you only play during the day, then you're a worgen with the same deal (continuous MS v. burst of speed).

You're going to have to flesh out how that's actually a problem.

I think it's gimmicky to the point of being kind of stupid but I'm not really offended by it. I'm frankly probably not going to even notice 1% of either one in most situations anyways.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    He should be happy that unlike in Warcraft 3, Nelves can also Shadowmeld during the day.
    Even tough the OP is overeacting I really hope this doesn't make it to live, what you described is the reason why they should change that

Also anyonelse thinks they should include some pandaren nerfs on that list?
    Last edited by rpdrichard; 2014-03-03 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    Ultimately though, one stat will give a bigger benefit to different classes, meaning that min/maxers will be looking for the best buff from the racials.
    Then don't play a Night Elf if you're going to obsess over a 0.01% damage increase for playing a Troll.

It's a million times better than the dps racials we had for years, which is NONE. I'll take the bone I'm thrown and enjoy it.

Chances are they will pull off the stat balancing to make crit and haste near equals as they promised, the difference then being merely one of flavor and to far lesser extend one of dps.

If you think you need to min-max so hard to get the "correct" 1%, you can work on min-maxing your schedule to allow it to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Also anyonelse thinks they should the pandaren include some pandaren nerfs on that list?
    Why? Their only stat gain is the same value as the passives for races like the Draenei - except they have to maintain a food buff to have the bonus, rather than at all times.