Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question If WoW let titles be brought off the AH/Store (Theory Question)

So ive been playing TOR for the last month, cause WoW got boring for a bit, and ive just noticed this on GTN (Tor's AH)

If Blizzard ever decided on doing something like this, what would the player base reaction be?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

player base reaction would be whiney like it always is

Any time you ask "How would players react to Blizzard doing X" the answer is make a torrent of outrage on the forums and then business as usual.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Any time you ask "How would players react to Blizzard doing X" the answer is make a torrent of outrage on the forums and then business as usual.
    Yeah. Pretty much.

These aren't titles you earn any other way then buying them with cartel coins or from the GTN. It is like the Shattered Sun title in BC, people didn't really bitch then. It was just a sign of somebody that wanted a title and thought it was worth the 1,000 gold to buy it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yeah, cuz its totally cool to compare a F2P game with a P2P one.

Makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not, in game store means anything could go up for sale. Once you accept level 90 characters for a fee, almost anything is fair game.

I could see it happening in three possible ways:
    As a joke lampshading that the title was bought (store or BMAH) - eg "xxxxxx Warbucks" or "Crony xxxxxx" or "xxxxxx the Nepotist"
    As a charity drive on the store (pretty much 100% would have to go to the charity) - eg "xxxxxx the Philanthropist" or "xxxxxx the Generous"
    As part of a bundle of goodies from Collectors Edition (or blizzcon, etc). eg: "xxxxxx the Raven".

There would be a lot of whining from a very vocal minority of players, and they'd brag about kicking people with those titles out of groups. Most people would be largely indifferent.

..it's not like you can't already buy titles I'm pretty sure theres a lot of guilds selling the Garrosh title as we speak...and people buying help for "The Insane" has been around since that achievement hit live and knowing blizzard if they make title's sellable it will be a special title that can only be bought in the store if anything I can see them selling last names in the store

10+ Year Old Account
    Like normal. A small number of people would raise hell for years, most would ignore the whole thing. Of all the things that I can't imagine in the Blizzard store, achievements and titles are near the top. It's not really even a theory. I look at that graphic in the OP and think that SW:TOR is in more trouble than anyone knows.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you think would happen based on the entirety of WoW when something different is placed in game. Just WoW Community being themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    There would be a lot of whining from a very vocal minority of players, and they'd brag about kicking people with those titles out of groups. Most people would be largely indifferent.
    lol that was the funniest thing ever which really shows how stupid most whiners are, kicking people from LFR if they had a transmorg helm, you're playing the most skill less content possible, complete faceroll, but you believe yourself better than someone who spends money on a game that you yourself also spend money playing, that kind of logic just shows how much whiners should be ignored as their whining is just down to their lack of intelligence to understand the world around them and they are afraid and angry and lashing out.

and it would probably be repeated again in LFR the unintelligent whiners would band together to vote kick because they are angry and afraid of people who spend money on the same game as them just for a cosmetic title.

A title you can only buy from the AH - fine.

Any others - not so fine.

But to be fair, you can "buy" Hellscream's Downfall and Gladiator right now, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Why not, in game store means anything could go up for sale. Once you accept level 90 characters for a fee, almost anything is fair game.
    All the in game store does right now is make it so you don't have to tab out to the wow website to buy things, nothing more. They didn't start selling off anything other then the mounts and pets on it, the sky didnt start falling.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I would be fine with it..... I wouldn't participate, but why would I care if others do? Just like I don't care if people buy pets, buy levels, buy mounts. None of that affects how I play my game, even buying 90's....... there are already thousands and thousands of 90's anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty stupid to "buy" a title. What, exactly, does that indicate you accomplished beyond buying it? Maybe if you could buy an ability to make a CUSTOM title that'd be cool, but I really don't see blizz doing such a thing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seems pretty stupid to "buy" a title. What, exactly, does that indicate you accomplished beyond buying it? Maybe if you could buy an ability to make a CUSTOM title that'd be cool, but I really don't see blizz doing such a thing.
    LOL, mine would be "BBQ Champion".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Custom title would be interesting...but I see a LOT of abuse of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Radio the Wealthy

I dig it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea of buying a title "the Wealthy" or "the Customer".

Buying old titles like Death's Demise or Scarab Lord diminishes the achievements of those that did it when it was current. Therefore i do not support that.
    Hi