Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Confused hunter, so many stats.

Okay, so what IS the current BM stat priority?

First I ran with crit > haste > mastery. I did quite well with it, kind of felt like a casual raiding god, even (oh nostalgia of Dragon Soul). Then got yelled at that I was a bad hunter and need to reforge to haste = crit > mastery. Then talked to another hunter whose progression far outshines mine and said haste > crit > mastery. Now I'm hearing mastery > haste > crit? Hunters of the world, so confuse, what actually IS the TOP build for pve hunter currently?

**Obviously agility is king and hit/exp caps are being met over and above these stats.

You see a lot of opinions on this because at high gear levels, it almost becomes a complete wash. All 3 secondaries are very close to each other, to the point where it's hard to give a "right" answer. Even if there was one, you probably wouldn't notice a significant DPS swing either way.

If you want to ensure you are correct, run yourself in simcraft. The values are closs enough that priorities can fluctuate off individual upgrades.

That said, Generally people prioritize Haste/Crit as mastery is pretty bad for SV, and it's worth being more effective when you switch for fights BM doesn't handle well.
    Last edited by Aertea; 2014-03-05 at 06:46 PM.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear
    This is where I go to get my reforging right, the site tells you what your stat priority is and even tells you how to be optimized to the best possible amount with your given gear.
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow
    This is another good site with general information on stat priority, gemming, enchanting, glyphing, talents, and rotation for pve and pvp
    Good luck
    In the absense of light, darkness prevails...

It doesn't help at the level the OP is talking about. MrRobot has some good presets, but if you want to min-max to the best of your ability, you don't use their profiles. You sim it yourself.

American Nightmare: I use Reforgelite. Mr Robot has been off on a number of times with many different characters and specs in my experience. He and I are not friends, haha. As far as Noxxic, it seems that they are in the same boat. I've been reading hunter forums, Elitist Jerks and now posting my own threads and a lot of people are saying Haste > Crit > Mastery. When in practice, I found that I did not do as well as my Crit > Haste > Mastery build (and the mobility between SV and BM that way is super nice).

Aertea, thanks for the advice on simcraft, I'm going to try to figure out what it's all about right now. I guess the secondaries are just based of individual gear and play styles then? If so... I like the crit build.

I believe at higher gear levels mastery for bm at higher gear levels. On simcraft you can run a stat plot and you should also check out http://www.femaledwarf.com/ . I dont play bm much but my bm hunter friends have told me at higher gear levels mastery is better. Also the crit > haste > mastery one they could have meant survival, as for survival crit is above all then haste and mastery are interchangable for 2 and 3.

At high gear levels, there's very little difference between a Haste and a Crit priority- for me, it's about a 100 DPS difference in the favor of crit- about a 0.01% difference.

Quote Originally Posted by spareoh View Post
    Mr Robot has been off on a number of times with many different characters and specs in my experience.
    AskMrRobot is a tool, not the end-all be-all. If you're getting "off" numbers from it, it is generally a user error. You have to tweak it to be set up optimally.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to watch this:

I run simcraft regularly to get the stat weights for my character, then I use amr to reforge.

If you're BM full time, Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Sim yourself. That's the answer to this stuff 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Sim yourself. That's the answer to this stuff 100% of the time.
    Not in the case of BM hunters..

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    have you even tested crit>haste>mastery build or just mindlessly follow what other people write?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    have you even tested crit>haste>mastery build or just mindlessly follow what other people write?
    Have you even tested haste > mastery > crit at 575+ item level, or do you just mindlessly post on the forums?

Umm, what? Simming your own gear is always the best way to get your stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Lol. /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Umm, what? Simming your own gear is always the best way to get your stat weights.
    Not really because while Haste loses value at a certain point as BM in sims, you'll find that dropping Haste for Mastery/Crit/whatever is a DPS loss 99.8% of the time.

EDIT: Reforge plotting some crit/haste now, 5000 amount, 250 steps (crit sims highest for me atm)
    EDIT2: Omg wasted a billion years, accidentally set 8 targets. :C
    EDIT3: SimCraft crashfucked me over halfway in, someone else do it damn >.< - the basic gist of it is that Haste doesn't lose significant value at any point (it's main loss is when Cobra is at sub 1s cast with Focus Fire up, but modeling/adjusting to this is only a DPS loss. On 1 target and 3 targets there is no other build combo (testing with other pieces of gear than I'm currently wearing to maximize Crit for example) that does better than Haste > Mastery > Crit. The difference is very small, but there are other things to consider such as BM's much lower amount of hard-hitters compared to Haste (and attacks in general GG Explosive) that makes Crit's value lower in the real world as opposed to 10.000 iterations of the same fight. Mastery and Haste are guaranteed DPS increases, on the other hand.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-03-06 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Have you even tested haste > mastery > crit at 575+ item level, or do you just mindlessly post on the forums?
    what has this got anything to do with the discussion?

You're not really contributing anything but speculation or dramafood (as evident by how you insist on Crit > Haste > Mastery because it's not that much worse than a Haste-focused build). It's not really contributing anything useful and just makes for drama at this point (because it has been discussed extensively in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1448538-bm-bis-list which everyone worth their salt should check out because there's actually real data (omg) over there.

Deleted
    You're not really contributing anything but speculation or dramafood (as evident by how you insist on Crit > Haste > Mastery because it's not that much worse than a Haste-focused build). It's not really contributing anything useful and just makes for drama at this point (because it has been discussed extensively in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1448538-bm-bis-list which everyone worth their salt should check out because there's actually real data (omg) over there.
    I wouldn't bother reasoning with him. Most of what he posts here is just flat out laughably wrong. Almost feels like he goes against the grain just to mess with people.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-03-06 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I wouldn't bother reasoning with him. Most of what he posts here is just flat out laughably wrong. Almost feels like he goes against the grain just to mess with people.
    Yeah I don't think anyone takes Illana seriously