Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Usually yes most instances of it come in the first minute but it's also done if I wana keep the death runes for something (keep strong dots on Thok and when I can't keep up use DS), but really other then then that unless you are super (un)lucky with procs combined with BL or such then after the first min or so it doesn't happen much. RC doesn't much change it as using any of the rune Regen talents it happens. There's simply points where you can reach a higher incoming amount of runes/runic then you can use in an efficient manner given your gcd's vs resources

Festerblight 1.0 has been dead ever since we stopped using Feather from the bird boss in ToT. We really needed that 10 stack of strength for it to be a big enough snapshot worth losing scourge strikes to extend it with festering strikes.

Necrotic plague will bring back festerblight for unholy however.
    According to info from Celestalon's twitter dumps, normally Necrotic Plague will last for 15 second and will tick and create a stack every second till the 15th stack at the 15th second, then expire and have to be reapplied.
    As Unholy you can extend the duration of a Necrotic Plague with Festering Strikes. Which will allow for a duration above 15 seconds and therefore allow for more stacks(max 20) which you can keep at that level until the end of the fight with repeated Festering Strikes.

This isn't going to quite be the same as snapshotting trinkets at a specific moment and extending snapshots with Festering Strikes, but it will result in a larger stronger dot for the whole fight if you pay attention to keep extending it.

Necrotic Plague also has a AoE advantage, Festerblight 1.0 never had.
    Festerblight 1.0 only worked in aoe if you pestilenced at the moment you had trinket procs up, which was a rare opportunity.
    Necrotic Plague will spread to all targets in a aoe, every time it ticks, replacing Necrotic Plague on every mob in that aoe with the Plague with the highest stacks and duration.
    So if you're extending a 20 stack on a boss and adds come near, those adds will get the 20 stack of NP you've been Festering extending the whole fight.

Of course though pre-beta is pre-beta and they might change all this tweeted info before we ever get our hands on it.

Only about half that info is confirmed, and even then tweeted info doesn't ACTUALLY hold much weight.

And if this is the case I guess mastery will be better~
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    And if this is the case I guess mastery will be better~
    Please don't say that unless you know exactly what their plans are in regards to DK class design in 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Please don't say that unless you know exactly what their plans are in regards to DK class design in 6.0.
    That's why I said "if this is the case". Also it's just a guess, but since the whole thread is about guessing...
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    "Yeah, some of the lvl100 talents are pretty significant changes. Necrotic Plague for Unholy = the Festerblight rotation." from celestalon twitter

goes on to talk about sindragosa breath too

While I am partly glad we can now confirm Sindragosa's Breath now procs rune regen talents, and that for Unholy NP is pretty much Festerblight, I also sort of with he just kept quiet on it. Just going to entice people into spreading misinformation

If it comes from a dev, it's not misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Just going to entice people into spreading misinformation
    I mean others spreading it not the dev was.
    You know the, "friend of a friend said this guy said this" situation. It doesn't take much for a misreading or such to turn into a bunch of people learning the wrong thing and rolling with it

Sure, people are stupid. But the only alternative is to not release any info at all and surprise everybody on patch day.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...31538916638721

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Necrotic Plague for Unholy = the Festerblight rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm entirely aware of what it is. And according to the people who theorycrafted it, and the Festerblight thread, it was phased out months ago, with snapshotting changed months ago.
    People use festerblight and disease gaming as synonyms sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    People use festerblight and disease gaming as synonyms sometimes.
    Yeah the definition of festerblight is a rotation that involves just spending more death runes on festering strikes instead of scourge strikes to extend the dots for dps gain.

Currently in 5.4 unholy you should still "disease game" by applying diseases with trinkets power, but apart from that Sha of Pride example earlier in the thread, its currently not worth spending more death runes on festering strikes instead of scourge strikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Yeah the definition of festerblight is a rotation that involves just spending more death runes on festering strikes instead of scourge strikes to extend the dots for dps gain.

Currently in 5.4 unholy you should still "disease game" by applying diseases with trinkets power, but apart from that Sha of Pride example earlier in the thread, its currently not worth spending more death runes on festering strikes instead of scourge strikes.
    I mean, maybe in a case like Thok it'd be decent to make sure diseases stay up through kiting phase? Otherwise, probably not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I mean, maybe in a case like Thok it'd be decent to make sure diseases stay up through kiting phase? Otherwise, probably not.
    you definitly want to play festerblight-like on thok and also stick the whole fight to him, even in kitephases.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloquenza View Post
    you definitly want to play festerblight-like on thok and also stick the whole fight to him, even in kitephases.
    festerblight yes, stick to him yes and no, peel off right before your trinkets come off cd, they do much more damage during stack phases than the little you do chasing after him, plus after about the 3rd kite phase hes simply too fast to stay on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    festerblight yes, stick to him yes and no, peel off right before your trinkets come off cd, they do much more damage during stack phases than the little you do chasing after him, plus after about the 3rd kite phase hes simply too fast to stay on.
    this is normally not my style, but:
    World of Logs
    Warcraft Logs
    i sticked the whole fight on him.

if i remember it right, i never had a trinket proc during the faster part of the kitephases. like never ever.
    Last edited by mmoc096896f44a; 2014-03-08 at 09:11 AM.