Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Confused about new player models

So as we all know we are getting new player models, so when MOP hits are we able to redesign our characters or? sorry ive looked around but couldnt find a similar thread.

At first it was a "no." And then it turned into a "we hear your complaints."

I am pretty sure you mean WoD. And according to Blizzard, there are no plans at this time to offer a free character recustomization with the new models. But it's Blizzard, so they may change their minds.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK, in the interface menu there's an option to change all models to new models, or keep them as old models, which you can change at will.

Not sure about being able to re-customize our characters or not. Pretty sure they wont give us a free re-customization for all characters. That would be a LOT of moolah lost.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about changing your appearance but I saw a screenshot and it had an option to turn on or off new models so I'm assuming you could go back to your old look if you really hated it for some reason.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

You can already change MOST options at the barbar shop. Skin color and face are the things you cant change usually

I think the reasoning they wouldn't allow it is because you made your character the way it is and every hair, skin, tusk option will be translated to the new model - so you're just getting an updated version of the character you already have and assuming most people like the way they've made their character, they wouldn't change it.

I personally would like the option to recustomize as I can see myself preferring perhaps a new face or skin colour, both of which I couldn't change at the barber.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    You can already change MOST options at the barbar shop. Skin color and face are the things you cant change usually
    Unfortunately "face" is the one thing that will suddenly be a big deal if the option you have doesn't match up to what you liked before. Obviously, they're trying not to do this but if we end up with "same face" that'll happen to certain options.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I'm on the fence on this issue - when the new models hit, I would really like to be able to recustomize the facial features aswell as the skin options, because even though the new models will likely keep a similar look, it's still going to be different. I want to be able to customize MY character the way I want it.

Then again, I rarely if ever actually LOOK at the facial details of my character so it doesn't really affect me. Having new, smoother animations would be more than enough.

I don't know, can't really go one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Unfortunately "face" is the one thing that will suddenly be a big deal if the option you have doesn't match up to what you liked before. Obviously, they're trying not to do this but if we end up with "same face" that'll happen to certain options.
    Trying to keep the spirit of something that only pseudo-exists is hard. New models have actual faces, old models have a head with a textured tattooed on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Trying to keep the spirit of something that only pseudo-exists is hard. New models have actual faces, old models have a head with a textured tattooed on it.
    For fucks sakes, just look at the female tauren. Her face/mouth is like a sock puppet. And this doesn't include the new, improved faces exclusive to DKs. Either we get a free recustomization or they put face options into the barber shop.

I'd be surprised if they don't allow people to re-customise their characters. Would be kinda lame if they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I'd be surprised if they don't allow people to re-customise their characters. Would be kinda lame if they didn't.
    I'd prepare yourself for something kinda lame then ^^

Tom Chilton, at Blizzcon, said there would probably be no free recustomization option (outside of in-game stuff like barber shops) with new models, and said that people could pay for one. Bashiok then said:

Again I think it's just way too early to make a determination, and Tom certainly didn't give a definite answer. Our artists are going to extreme lengths to ensure the new models and animations embody (kyuck knyuck?) what you know and love about your characters. Our hope (and Tom's point) is that you log in, go AWESOME, and enjoy playing your character that still looks and moves and acts like your character - just at a much higher fidelity. If it comes down to it and we just totally miss the mark I'm sure we'd at least seriously consider offering a chance to pick something else. But again, too early to say for sure.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...962?page=6#109

And that's the last we've heard.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2014-03-04 at 01:40 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Goblin Plastic Surgeon please.

15+ Year Old Account
    The plan is to make the new models look like "less fuzzy" (higher resolution) versions of the current models. So if you currently have face option #3, it'll still look like face option #3 after the patch. In some of the new gameplay videos we've seen, there is a toggle for using the new models, so you can always continue to use the old versions if you so chose.

TL;DR: No they're not going to offer free customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Yes, but it's like when someone takes an anime face (say, Edward from FMA) and makes a "realistic drawing" and suddenly he has a very square roman nose and a big chin.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering about this too. Are our character's new model looks going to be updated around the choices we made?

They should do 1 week free character appearance change once WoD hits.

Well, it's not like the models are going to have particularly different faces to choose between anyway.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!