15+ Year Old Account

Is there a way to lower your ranking without tanking games?

I play LoL very casually. I'm not great. I'm not bad, just not very good.

I finally got to 30 and did placement matches over the space of about two weeks. During this time I was lumped into some truly fine teams and was mostly carried hard through them, ending up 7-3 and being put in Silver 2.

Problem is, I really don't belong there right now. I lucked out. Most of the games I've been playing since have been losses, and I feel like I'm the liability.

Is there a way to request to be dropped down in rank and earning my way up properly by experience, rather than continuously ruining other peoples' ratings in losing games? As it stands now I've stopped playing ranked and gone back to Normal, where at least if I fail spectacularly it doesn't really impact anyone else.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

You begin to lose LP after 28 days of not playing ranked, so if you really want to do it, just dont play ranked for awhile. In silver you lose 5 lp a day after the 28day mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhh cool - so I can use that time to play a bit more Normal and suck less, and hopefully get put back into a more reasonable ranking.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing LP does not affect your MMR.

Doesn't your MMR decrease along a similar line though if you don't play for a while?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    A *long* while and not nearly as strongly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you lose LP and maybe MMR when you leave champ select, no?
    PM me weird stuff :3

You lose only LP for leaving queue. I guess author problem is pubstomper problem too, so there is not good answer.

Deleted
    Duo with somebody from this forum