Deleted

Guild ready for Heroics?

As the title says is our guild ready for heroics? I know we got the skill for it, but do we have enough gear for it? Yes we have not killed garrosh normal as a guild yet, but we have only tried him 8 times (i have killed it before though) but we were thinking if there was some bosses we should do as HC for some extra gear.

Like Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Nazgrim. Any other bosses what are "one of the easiest"?

Here you can see our guild logs

And also i really wanna know what to improve as a player there. Someone who is underperforming or doing something wrong in fights etc. I know i am not doing 100% DPS i could be doing with my warrior, but i try to improve my playing all the time.

As far as I'm aware, Norushen HC has about the same DPS requirements as Garrosh Normal, it's also the easiest 10 man heroic boss. You then have Immerseus (which is a bit meh on 10) and Protectors to work on (can do them all in the same week if you're feeling confident!).

550+ is fine for starting heroics (though if you want to cheese it, being 560 makes the fights a lot easier).

Can't say I approve of Mining as a profession on a main DPS character!

I see you are using 3 healers on fights like Shamans, juggernaut, etc., which really isn't needed, it makes it rather difficult to see if healers are ready for heroics, when they have so little to do. The healing on Garrosh from the two druids seems fine though, and seeing as the shaman can heal at a somewhat similar level it seems healing should be ready for the easier heroics.

One little note on your shamans healing though is that HST seems rather low, it should be used on CD and I would advice using Recall Totem glyph, HST glyph and then the third glyph usually changes from time to time and from Shaman to Shaman. I like to use Glyph of FET, so I can break up the 1min buff into 2x30sec buffs, which seems more useful on more encounters, this relies on taking PE as the tier6 talent, which I would highly advice as well. The buff from the earth elemental is especially powerful.

At the very least try Norushen. Skip immerseus because despite all the 14/14HC people telling you how easy it is you will wipe a lot on it.

Protectors isn't "that" easy but if you can not screw up an interrupt rotation its just a war of attrition.

The fact that you are 3 healing a lot of encounters is kind of encouraging your prot pala to do bad stuff, low use of cooldowns, bad EF uptime and using seal of truth. Stuff like that will get you dead on heroics.

Deleted
    Yeah have been 3 healing fights, but now we are starting to 2 heal most of them because shaman also have enhancement off-spec.

Is there HC fights you what are easier if you 3 heal them or just 2 heal all of them? And thanks for shaman tips!

Anzen yeah maybe i change it to something else later. Dunno yet

Edit: Deja yeah i was thinking about Norushen too. We dont really wanna start bang our head to wall yet. We wanna kill Garrosh as a guild before we start serious heroics, but we are going to try first three atleast
    Last edited by mmoc6d45658549; 2014-03-04 at 08:39 AM.

You want to 3 heal immerseus ( range issues and people will take more damage than strictly needed on progression), protectors has a high hps requirement, IJ has a very high healing requirement, shamans also works best with 3 as does thok.

2 heal fights are deffo Norushen (tho 3 can work), sha of pride, Galakras, Nazgrim, malk, spoils, siegecrafter and Garrosh.

I prolly missed some :P

I'd start with Immerseus, Norushen and Nazgrim as starting heroics if you want 3, but I'd honestly just try Norushen HC and get a feel for the requirements on both DPS and healers, and then focus on Garrosh.

Deja Thoris list seems correct, though Juggernaut can be 4 healed the first few times, Paragons I would 2 heal as well on 10man.

Deleted
    Thanks Deja that helps planning those fights. And what comes to our setup we have been raiding normals with this coregroup

Warrior (DPS arms, hunter alt)<--- Me
    Paladin (prot/retri)
    Paladin (retri)
    Druid (healer, tank offspec)
    Druid (healer, warrior fury alt)
    Hunter (surv)
    Warlock (destro)
    monk (tank/DPS)
    shaman (heal/DPS)
    rogue (Combat/assa)

Maybe not best possible setup but we go with that

I do not really know warlocks at all, but your lock seems rather low compared to what I've seen from other locks.

I'm simming him to 250k and he is doing 200k on Protectors, which is rather bad. I can't help, but he was the only one sticking out to me as a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    I do not really know warlocks at all, but your lock seems rather low compared to what I've seen from other locks.

I'm simming him to 250k and he is doing 200k on Protectors, which is rather bad. I can't help, but he was the only one sticking out to me as a DPS.
    Yeah that is horrid on protectors.

I do around 300k on my destro alt warlock with around 550-555 gear. And I don't even pay attention to CD's etc on him just cleave/aoe anytime possible etc.

Edit:
    As other have said, start with Norushen he is much easier than any hc boss and the mechanics are 100% the same. Don't do immerseus before you have Garrosh down. Despite what ppl are saying, he is will probably wipe you quite a few times before you get it right.
    Last edited by Hindsgaul; 2014-03-04 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post

Thanks for this i will pass this information too. Now we just need someone to tell what he is doing wrong

If you do a split tactics for shamans they are two healable. The only thing I sometimes notice about it is that some people wrote that you need a disc priest outside/downstairs (however you call, wherever you do it). Can't verify if that's true since we have one

Immerseus: 2-3 heal
    Protectors: 2-3 heal
    Norushen: 2 heal
    Sha of Pride: 2 heal
    Galakras: 2 heal
    Iron Juggernaut: 3 heal
    Shamans: 2 heal(3 healing this fight is flat out retarded, tbh, it's so easy as any healer class)
    Nazgrim: Doesn't quite matter if it's 2 or 3 healed, the dps requirement on this fight is a joke.
    Malkorok: 2 heal
    Spoils: Obviously 2 heal
    Thok: 2-3 heal
    Siegecrafter: 1-2 heal
    Paragons: 2 heal
    Garrosh: 1-2 heal

Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    If you do a split tactics for shamans they are two healable. The only thing I sometimes notice about it is that some people wrote that you need a disc priest outside/downstairs (however you call, wherever you do it). Can't verify if that's true since we have one
    Untrue, disc does make the ranged team healing easier(not that it isn't a joke as it is, I was healing this on my holy priest at 540 ilvl without shields), but it's far from mandatory.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-03-04 at 10:28 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future