Thread: Ret PvP

Ret PvP

Hello guys

This week me and my companion (UH DK) started playing 2's as we are looking for a healer to play with us. (I know, 2's, but please leave all those comments behind.) As we've been playing 2's, here are some questions that I come up with:

1. Talent question: lvl 30 talents (Fist of Justice, Repentance, Evil is a Point of View)
    As for standard, I play with FoJ. I mostly will play FoJ when I know I won't get it off (like against rogue teams that tunnel you for the whole game). Yesterday we played like 5 times against warrior + healer and from my experience I was able to get the fear off quite much. My dk was able to grip the warr of me, followed by a fear and eventually Blinding Light whilst we are taking down the healer. Do you guys know any other comps/classes on which I should try to get the fears off? I think Evil is a Point of View, can really be OP when you can cast it off.
    About Repentance, I am not so sure. I never use it, unless you guys give me a reason to use it right now.

2. Talent question: lvl 60 talents (Clemency, Hand of Purity & Unbreakable Spirit)
    As for standard, I play with Clemency. Trying to switch to Unbreakable Spirit when we face comps off which I think they'll go on me.
    About the Hand of Purity I am unsure and I don't know pretty well when to use it. Can you guys give me your insights of when to use US & HoP?

3. Talent question: lvl 90 talent (Holy Prism, Light's Hammer & Excecution Sentence)
    Now I always use Holy Prism, as I like it very much. For me it's a nice filler that gives me some nice healing too. Should I give up this filler for a more bursty talent aka Execution Sentence?

4. Compo advice: as for 3's, we are currently looking for any healers to play with. Right now we are experimenting with rdruid but I heard of some ppl that rshaman will be our best shot. What do you guys think about this?

5. DK question: when we face a caster cleave (double mage, Lock+Spriest,...) sometimes my dk takes Anti-Magic Zone.
    My question is: when should he use it, as it's only lasts for 3 seconds. Right now we try to get it off as soon as a mage gets me into a Deep Freeze. Any suggestions I can get here?

Anyways, that's it, I would like any kind of reaction and am willing to learn, so please help out this retadin!

Peace!

- - - Updated - - -

Bump
    /10 char

On my phone so won't go into huge detail but for l90 imo es is the best if you can get it's full duration with no cd or dispel affecting it. The burst can be pretty nice towards the end. But HP does provide a nice heal that never hurts.

I always run foj. Hoj is a huge part of paladin pvp so having that more often is always amazing. I do see what you're saying about the fear but more stuns is good.

Rdruid is always my favorite. A hoj makes for an easy way for him to get a full clone off right after. A solid 4-8s cd chain that works well. Rshaman is always a solid healer but I'm not sure what would make it work especially well to make it noteworthy for your comp other than I guess a hex off your stun. Idk just wanted to chime in my thoughts mostly about talents.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    On my phone so won't go into huge detail but for l90 imo es is the best if you can get it's full duration with no cd or dispel affecting it. The burst can be pretty nice towards the end. But HP does provide a nice heal that never hurts.

I always run foj. Hoj is a huge part of paladin pvp so having that more often is always amazing. I do see what you're saying about the fear but more stuns is good.

Rdruid is always my favorite. A hoj makes for an easy way for him to get a full clone off right after. A solid 4-8s cd chain that works well. Rshaman is always a solid healer but I'm not sure what would make it work especially well to make it noteworthy for your comp other than I guess a hex off your stun. Idk just wanted to chime in my thoughts mostly about talents.
    Ok, thx for the help. Will try out ES, hopefully I don't get dispelled too much ^^
    I've been asking a few players on the server & AJ, and people tell me I should play with an Rshaman. They say shamans have the most healing output compared to other healing classes. This fits perfectly to the squishy ret I am. Whilst Rshamans are squishy too, we, as ret pallies, fill up that weakness with our shield and other utility.

Anyways, thx for your help, just wanted to tell you about the Rshamans too, cause I felt the advice on AJ also quite helpfull for any ret in general.