Thread: Race elitism

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I hope balance will fix this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't know how many guilds explicitly have that rule, but most of the people of the calibre to app to those guilds are probably also the kind of people who want to min/max to that degree.
    Pretty much.

Also, in the off-chance that you're the best X class in the world and aren't already the "best" race, the best guilds in the world will probably even PAY for your race change. They're that serious about min/maxing and have the money to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    There's absolutely no way engineering gloves can account for tens of thousands of dps. I don't see how berserking could account for 20k+ dps either unless the fight is so short that dps is irrelevant anyway.
    Affliction lock on multidot, berserking can quite easily account for 30k+ dps of their 700k. More even. It's because they roll that berserking for the first minute of the fight on super dot's that they spread to all available targets. They're the extreme outlier admittedly, but most classes it's still fairly large.

The other advantage is the fact that it's burst. That helps a lot on stuff like Korven burn, Garrosh P3 burn etc. Much more than just 1% in burst situations which is where it really shines.

Also, mages' dot snapshotting (the way it currently works) + alter time.

If you are good with cooldown and proc management, you basically quadripple the benefits of both berserking and engi tinkering.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Well lets see, My guild is farming 14/14h, and out of a 28-30 man roster, i'm the only Tauren, because I will never roll troll druid, i'd say many top guilds get a little weird about not being an optimal race.

I have gotten whispers/comments on mumble on a weekly basis about why I am not a troll druid since the launch of Cata, it gets annoying, but will thankfully be largely fixed in WoD and progression is over for me, so nobody really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    If you make it into a guild that cares, you will care.
    Pretty much this really.

I've never seen any of these guilds on the realms I've been on, and I wouldn't join one either. Well, not anymore, I would have some years ago when I was really into raiding, but that was then.

I don't mind them either. People who join them and get accepted are generally people who agree with them and are fine with their rules, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Well lets see, My guild is farming 14/14h, and out of a 28-30 man roster, i'm the only Tauren, because I will never roll troll druid, i'd say many top guilds get a little weird about not being an optimal race.

I have gotten whispers/comments on mumble on a weekly basis about why I am not a troll druid since the launch of Cata, it gets annoying, but will thankfully be largely fixed in WoD and progression is over for me, so nobody really cares.
    Purely out of curiosity, why wouldn't you roll troll?

Is it the price, the looks or some ulterior motive?

No guild cares what race you are, they care what DPS you bring. If you are an Undead Warlock and you beat the other Warlocks in your guild that are Trolls then good on you. If you come last then expect to be benched or replaced.