whats with the long maintenance today!!!

Anything going in today that i wasn't aware of? servers down till 2:00 EST. Just wondering why the long maintenance

Maintenance has traditionally been until 2:00 EST (every Tuesday). I take it as a gift when maintenance has been short like these past weeks. Perhaps they decided that it has been too long since a longer maintenance or they have something specific in mind.

Oh...all those ! in the title suggested you knew the reason...

All I can say is, it's probably needed. They've been having a lot of issues with connection stability as of late.

Because it's Tuesday and it's been like this almost every Tuesday since the release of WoW?

Yeah, we got a bit spoiled with the 'restart' maintenance days of late. Do hope that honor change goes in today though.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they have always been up between 1:30 est and 2 est on typical maintenance days... if we are lucky they are up way earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal maintenance is customarily from 5 PST to 11 PST. However, server connections are adding additional tasks during down times as they work on continuing issues popping up as a result of those connections.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    Anything going in today that i wasn't aware of? servers down till 2:00 EST. Just wondering why the long maintenance
    3am - 11am PST is 8 hours.

Sounds about normal. Might be time to find an additional hobby or activity.

I almost forgot this feeling... man, sometimes I really miss the times where I could play so much, that server maintenance could actually be an annoying issue during my week

OT: I would tell you to try to chill out about it, but I think all the US servers are up by now, so just enjoy