Deleted

Thinking of updating some parts of my PC so I can stream 25man raiding, need help.

So my cousin bought a new pc last year and I bought his for a cheap price, but since I've started raiding 25man, I lag too much to stream (even with lowered ingame settings) so I've considered replacing some parts, I don't know what motherboard I have but I'm definitely gonna replace it.

I don't have much knowledge of what the pc has inside of it, as I didn't build it my self and haven't really bothered looking in to it, so I just took the info I had from blizzard beta profile settings.

CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    3.32 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    8.57 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 4.25 GB

What I'm thinking so far: new motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H, Socket-1150), new GFXcard (MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 2GB PhysX) and new SSD (Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB OEM) so waht I'm wondering, would you think this would be enough of an upgrade to stream 25man heroic raiding? Or should I put in another 250 euros for a i7-4770 processor as well?

Thanks for reading!

10+ Year Old Account
    2500k is LGA1155 so your that new mobo will not work with that CPU, different sockets.
    If you have an old SSD there is no need to buy new one, unless your old one breaks down.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    I currently don't have an SSD, so I'm definitely getting one of those as well. Anyways, if I get a i7-4770 on top of the stuff previously mentioned, it should be enough to stream while raiding 25man yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from a 2500K to a 4770 will provide nearly no benefit, honestly. Especially if you overclock your 2500K.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I recently built this pc, to upgrade an aging AMD system i had, it was beast 2 years ago, with slightly older market parts then, but i switched to intel setup and i am BLOWN AWAY by the upgrade.

Anyways, i dont know a lot about streaming, but i would suggest looking at this motherboard: Asrock Z87 Fatality Killer...its what i ended up picking, i aucutally have 2 of them, my gf has a similiar setup, i built 2 pcs (her old pc was 4 years older than mine...yikes)

I reallly love this motherboard, for its ease of use, overclocking and features, its got everything under the sun, looks slick, works flawlessly out of the box, AND it was like at least 50$ cheaper than any of the "big brand" motherboards like Asus or gigabyte, i looked at all those other ones, and they yes they are nice, but in my opinion the Asrock Fatality is best for the money versus those other ones, the only other motherboard i would say is better is the more expensive above the standard asus/giga which is the saberooth? but thats a bit extreme high end for wanting to just game and stream on.

Also if you dont have windows 8.1, consider using that, as 8.1 is awesome, with my SSD (which is Samsung 840 EVO Pro 256gb) from the second i tap power on my case, bios screen pops up 2-3 seconds, windows 8 logo shows up, 2-3 seconds later, bam i am already at login/desktop ready to browse...like 10 seconds! its insanely fast. maybe 12-15 max, but still.

here is my setup for reference, this system is pretty upgradeable down the line, that asrock board i mentioned holds the bigger I7's as well, but i went with the budget friendly I5-4670k

I5-4670k
    Asrock Z87 Fatality
    8 gigabytes G-skill ripsaw 1866 DDR3 (went with 1866 for a tiny bit better ram speed over my old 1600's..which i put in my gf's setup, saved me money)
    Samsung 840 Evo Pro SSD 256 (thing is a BEAST)
    gigabyte GTX 770 2gb (almost went with 4gb, maybe should have) the 770 is best value for the money atm, 760 is fine, but 770 is sweet spot performance/value

i went with the gigabyte card cuz it has insane cooling and whisper quiet, thing never gets past idk 50c? i haven't run tests yet but with my setup, whole system runs silent, i cant even hear fans running, nothing, no hums, if i hold my hand to tower i can feel faint vibrations, its solid. The gigabyte card is beastly for the money, and i for the first time ever maxed out all my games with this setup

I went from chugging along on medium-high settings 2 weeks ago, in Elder scrolls online beta, i played it this past weekend with my new setup, logged straight into the game on all settings ultra, without a stutter, glitch, smooth as silk and beautiful.

So i definetly recommend: Asrock Fatality board, I5-4670k (or in your case get the biggest I7k make sure its k for oc) Samsung 840 Evo Pro SSD, and the GTX 770 4gb (gigabyte is the best there)

the Asrock i got less than 120$! compare the features to gigabyte or asus boards, it has way more offer for the money.

those 4 items right now only set you back: ~800 (even less on sales, my gtx 770 has already dropped 30$ since i ordered it, 2 weeks ago) whole system easily under 1k,

Only other last thing i can suggest is, get a nice heatsink to cool your cpu, if you get a high end I7k make sure you put maybe a Evo12 (i think thats name of it) i ended up using the insane Noctura-DH14...thing is the most massive thing i have ever seen in a pc part, took me the longest by far to setup/get it right, spent 2 days building (off and on) and that thing was literally blood sweat and tears (sharp fans cut my hand, twice fiddling with the fans) but i can probably get 4.8ghz+ out of my I5-4670 on air, its ridiculously efficient/good for the money, i am only running at 4.2 atm and everything is extremely fast enough as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of streaming, just buying a currently gen Nvidia card will get you shadowplay, which streams straight to Twitch with little to no framerate drop. I'm not sure about the processor so I'll stand behind Chazus up there. FWIW, I stream LFR on mostly ultra just fine on my AMD-6300 and Nivida 760.
    Desktop System: i5 6600k @ 4.2ghz | 32GB DDR4 | GeForce GTX 1070