Cold weather cycling... With glasses?

I've had a bit of an interest in getting an early start on cycling to work instead of driving, but what with all them thar polar vortexes, it looks like spring is going to be very late.

I know how to dress nice and warm, but the issue that I would encounter with cycling in sub-freezing weather is my face, since I have glasses. Most people who do cold weather cycling simply wear a ski-visor, or a full balaclava, but that would just cause my glasses to fog and leave me with choosing between frostbite or blindness. (and my commute to work is about 10 km one way)

Is there anything that can be done to prevent glasses from fogging underneath full face coverage?

I use dual-pane ski goggles with my mask. They seem to do the trick barring exceptional circumstance.

Deleted
    You'll have to let cold air in behind them im afraid.

It almost seems like there's an opportunity to invent a whole new product in this scenario...

I dealt with this problem when snowmobiling as well, I never really found all that great of a solution. Racing goggles similar to what Rukentuts links above were about as good as it got for me, but I still had to leave my mouth uncovered.

Deleted
    sorry to say, but I never found a great solution, so I go with contacts when I ride.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    sorry to say, but I never found a great solution, so I go with contacts when I ride.
    im not sure if there is a huge difference between plexiglass and normal glasses. good news its easier to avoid fog on glass than plexiglass

But in hockey we use like shaving cream, Dishwasher soap etc. Even spit works.

http://lifehacker.com/5776490/keep-g...-shaving-cream

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how they work with fogging, but have you considered getting some kind of sport/ski goggle that is prescription, rather than getting something to wear over your glasses?

http://www.zennioptical.com/sports-glasses?view=all

Here's one site that does that kind fo thing, but there are a ton of different ones online that offer such products and you might be surprised at how reasonably priced they are.

That said, this is a US company and I don't know if they ship to Canada.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    A google search found me this company in Canada selling prescription ski goggles (among other sport-oriented prescription eyewear). Not cheap however.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Canada was always there for a search