nerfed healing in bg's

hey,

I just tried a bit of pvp'in just for fun and getting some honor for transmog gear.
    I noticed my heals healed for diddly compared to normal healing...

did they nerf overall healing in bg's or something ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    healing in instanced pvp is reduced by Battle Fatigue. Even bandages. Otherwise your instants would never get out damaged, so nobody could die unless their healers and all nearby hybrids were totally cc locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Fatigue.
    You need pvp power to compensate, and even then, it's not like pve healing.
    Think about it; if a healer could keep 9 other people alive while standing in all of the fire ever, would that be fun for DPS on the other side?
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Battle Fatigue and likely your lack of +PvP Power which iirc would increase your total healing by 40-something percent with full Grievous.

Yes, you need PVP Power to overcome the nerf.

It's called Battle Fatigue.

There are some great comments at wowhead.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=134735#comments

I am quoting one below, but not attempting to prettify. See original for formatting.

Battle Fatigue's PvP healing reduction debuff started at 15%. Blizzard applied a hotfix on December 11, 2012 that doubled that to 30% (Source: Blizzard Hotfix Blog). At the time of this original post, neither WoW nor Wowhead were reflecting this change in the tooltip.

When Patch 5.3 was released on Tuesday, May 21, 2013, Blizzard adjusted Battle Fatigue to 45% (from 30%).

Source: Blizzard "Preparing for Patch 5.3: Escalation" Blog:
    PvP Season Update
    Battle Fatigue now reduces the effectiveness of healing and absorb spells and abilities by 45% (was 30%).
    Thanks to DagothUr for bringing the 5.3 updates to my attention.
    Now, since Patch 5.4 (released on September 10, 2013), Blizzard again altered Battle Fatigue to 55% (from 45%). In addition, Blizzard has reworded the tooltip text of Battle Fatigue. It previously stated that it reduced "the effectiveness of healing and absorb spells and abilities" but now it only states that it "reduces healing for players that are engaged in PvP combat":
    PvP
    Battle Fatigue now reduces healing for players that are engaged in PvP combat by 55% (up from 45%).
    Source: Blizzard "Patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar" Patch Notes

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9669861
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/5-4-0

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Battle Fatigue and likely your lack of +PvP Power which iirc would increase your total healing by 40-something percent with full Grievous.
    This is correct. My Holy Paladin is full S15 Grievous (lol late to the party) and with my 41%~ PVP power my heals hit for close, not as strong, as my normal stuff outside of BGs. My crits on the other hand hit nowhere near as high.

ok,thanks for the enlighenment, guess i'll just stay out of bg's... i understand the reason behind it, i guess bg's are only for folks with pvp gear

SO the numbers are lower but I don't think "nerfed healing in bg's" is the best title. From what I can see after the start of this latest season, healers are pretty powerful. Even on my undergeared Disc Priest (mix of season 13 gear and some Timeless Isle pve pieces) I'm pretty hard to bring down...even when focused by multiple players.

Perhaps as the season goes on healing will be more in line with season 15 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    ok,thanks for the enlighenment, guess i'll just stay out of bg's... i understand the reason behind it, i guess bg's are only for folks with pvp gear
    If you find it frustrating, there's been quite a few recent suggestions on obtaining PvP gear without the agonizing no-gear grind.

1. Convert Justice Points to Honor (500:250). Random dungeons is the fastest, you can get up to 1500 or so Honor per hour.
    2. Isle of Thunder dailies give 525 + 50 Conquest.
    3. Karasang Wild rares (3) give another 800'ish I believe.
    4. Tol'Barad (Weekly) and Wintergrasp.

I personally like to PvP so I grind Bg's but when we get on a losing streak, I use the random dungeons. It's quite fast.