Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well Unless raising the dead is common in Batman or Joker somehow pulled a David Copperfield, that won't be happening
    lazarus pits, they're exactly what it says on the tin.

youth, strength, and if you're a corpse life, at the tiny price of your sanity.

and i loved origins, Troy Baker did a good job of filling Mark Hamill's clown shoes and Bane was Bane, not some moron in a fur coat with a severe case of asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    lazarus pits, they're exactly what it says on the tin.

youth, strength, and if you're a corpse life, at the tiny price of your sanity.
    It was destroyed when Clayface and that... machine-thing over it fell inside.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    More info from the Game Informer Mag.

STUFF
    Interesting, I swear Batman and Penguin look younger, but maybe it's just an artistic decision.

I can see the place being five times bigger than City (it wasn't exactly huge), but things like 'the Batmobile would take up the space of a last-gen console game' or 'one single character has the same amount of polygons as the entire scenario of the first game' sound like bullshit to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see some gameplay vids. Arkham city is one of the best games I've ever played. This year's a pretty crazy one for gamers. Tons of awesome stuff coming out. I love when a new gen of consoles comes out, lol. Finally, PC's can flex. So far for me this year's gonna be about WoD, RoS, The Division, Alien: Isolation, Tales from the Borderlands, Arkham Knight, with a little Hearthstone and possibly DayZ sprinkled on top. There's also a few other things I'll be checking out so I'm sure there's going to be more to add to the list.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It was destroyed when Clayface and that... machine-thing over it fell inside.
    I'm sure there are more Lazarus Pits. But I hope that they don't bring back Joker in some other than a haunting ghost for Batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing comes to a mind:
    Arkham Knight would probaly be a new bodyguard for Ra's al Ghul. If posible he would be some1 close to him that went insane. Maybe some collector of old armor.
    Something like this:
    http://www.fimfiction-static.net/ima...jpg?1386111772

He could also be a The Crusader son. http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crusader

Also....i kinda miss the old batman car:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I'm sure there are more Lazarus Pits. But I hope that they don't bring back Joker in some other than a haunting ghost for Batman.
    Yeah there are multiple lazarus pits all over the world.

Anyway I'm hyped, haven't even finished Origins yet, but Rocksteady and Batman can't go wrong. Tbh I don't have a need for a Batmobile, gliding through Gotham is what makes you fee like Batman really. Though I suppose when the map get's gigantic they need a way of non boring transport. I love the looks of the Batmobile though, only find it kinda strange it looked completely different in Arkham Asylum :P, so I'm guessing it's after Arkham City. Though I do find him (and others) looking younger ...

In any case, I'm sure it will be tons of fun once more.

edit:

AA: http://carrinhosminiaturas.files.wor...ham-asylum.jpg
    AK: http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roada...ham-knight.jpg

I absolutely love the Arkham Knight once, looks like an awesome combination of a Batmobile and the Tumbler.
    Last edited by mmoc7722091d43; 2014-03-05 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I can see the place being five times bigger than City (it wasn't exactly huge), but things like 'the Batmobile would take up the space of a last-gen console game' or 'one single character has the same amount of polygons as the entire scenario of the first game' sound like bullshit to me.
    In the interest of curiosity I was googling to see just how many polygons it was. Looks like his face was comprised of 4712 and his entire body was 16,820. Looking more at PS4/Xbox 1 games it looks like that number quadrupled per character. So I would say it's possible, especially when they say one environment. As I am taking that means from entering one area to the next and since areas probably reused a lot of the same polygons I could see it being possible for Asylum at least. Not saying it's entirely true as it's hard to tell until it's released. Just as a comparison on the same page it mentioned WoW in 2004 using 4000-6000 polygons. Which I found interesting that WoW used about as many polygons as they did in his mask alone.

As for the Batmobile itself most last gen game sizes are roughly 1.2gb to 6gb so it depends on what spectrum they are looking at. If they go the 1.2gb route and it has as many polygons as they say I'd say it's possible, but by then saying "a game" it leaves it open to which size they are referring to.

Deleted
    Is it me or does Bruce in the trailer look alittle like Affleck?

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Is it me or does Bruce in the trailer look alittle like Affleck?
    Do. Not. Start.

Deleted
    New in game screen shots.

The new suit

ORACLE!!

Two Face and Penguin

Riddler

Batmobile Action

Combat

Gotham

And the new villain, the Arkham Knight

This game is looking sexy, and look at the size of Gotham in the gliding pic on top!! That looks immense!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Where is the long nose? Penguin should be in black tuxedo with a hat, cigar on a stick and wait for it....deadly umbrela.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the hell out of Asylum and City...took a pass on Origins (too many things about it didn't add up)...will be buying Knight. Glad to see the Rocksteady and [most of] the original crew back at the helm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hell happened to the Riddler? He looks like a hobo.

Deleted

Tbh it's sounding quite awesome. 1 thing that buggers me a bit is, Rocksteady invented this Arkham Knight guy? I don't see why really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a note. The Batman Franchise games are off 75% for steam if anyone didn't purchase any of them. Probably a mini prepup for this game. Just wanted to mention it in a Batman game thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    This is game is just going to be amazing. Just watching the trailers a couple times made me go back and play the other Arkham games which I'm currently at the end of Arkham City, Arkham Origins will be next. I'm just majorly disappointed that it's only for PS4 and Xbox One. I understand that they had visions for the game and I heard about the Batmobile being so complex that it would take up the space of a whole Xbox 360 disc (which I still kind of find that to be bullshit because they can manage to put a game like Metal Gear Solid 5 on Xbox 360 and PS3) but I mean come on. This really sucks too because I wasn't planning on buying a PS4 for a LONG time yet because of how many games I have yet to play on PS3 and now that this game is coming out, I'm now contemplating on whether or not I should get one when I know I shouldn't. Batman Arkham Knight will literally be the only game that would make me go out and buy a PS4. All the other games out for it right now I can definitely wait to have so to me it's really not worth it to spend $470 just for one game. This is where I wish they would've put backwards compatibility on the PS4. If they had I probably would've had one by now and I could've just put my PS3 in the closet somewhere. I really don't know why they didn't do this. It's should be like a normal thing when new consoles come out, especially when we really didn't need any.

If this game turns out to be truly that amazing that it makes a PS4 a must have just for it, then maybe I'll wait until they come out with a PS4 Batman bundle.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Well I just finished Origins a few days ago (yeah I'm late to the party) and I have to say. Boy am I glad Rocksteady is making this one again.

Sure it wasn't bad, gameplay wise it's nearly identical anyway, but WB pretty much fucked up on every other angle so ..

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well I just finished Origins a few days ago (yeah I'm late to the party) and I have to say. Boy am I glad Rocksteady is making this one again.

Sure it wasn't bad, gameplay wise it's nearly identical anyway, but WB pretty much fucked up on every other angle so ..
    The story was way better in Origins than in City, imo :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The story was way better in Origins than in City, imo :<
    Hmm, don't find so. First half hour was pretty good imo. First meeting the Joker etc. though by that point you already knew Black Mask was just a 'regular' villain really. Then all the BEST ASSASSINS in the world .. all fine and dandy, if it were not that they pretty much are just simple sidequests that take 5 minutes. Barely any story whatsoever. Joker still the asshole, Bane wants to break your back. Last quarter of the game was pretty much coming in a room with 10 people, beat them, next room with 10 people .. *bamn* Joker. Again quite boring Riddler things. Sure the City was a lot bigger then in Arkham City, but atleast you had fun flying around it, in Origins it's more fast travel, enter building, do mission .. win-game.

Like I said, it wasn't bad, you still feel epic being Batman, but imo it sure as hell didn't have the OOMPH that Asylum and City had. I just hope Rocksteady takes a few ideas from WB, and stays with the winner formula they have.

how about instead of all these bruce wayne games the next one should be batman: arkham beyond
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552