Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The game is running pretty well for me. The only issues I'm having now are 1) physics weirdness since the patch (objects jumping around in weird ways/etc - this wasn't a problem before the patch, before the patch it was only an occasional glitch), and 2) the rain texture bug that causes half of the textures on Batman and the car to go away after loading a save.

The last patch was performance improvements only - not bugfixes. The next patch should have a lot of fixes.

Deleted
    So it seems we're getting the game back at October 28. It's good I get to play the game how it's supposed to be played. However as a Season Pass owner I got fucked over hard, we literally get NOTHING as compensation. Just a 4 month delay of a broken game and the stuff everyone already had months earlier.

Ah well, at least the game is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So it seems we're getting the game back at October 28. It's good I get to play the game how it's supposed to be played. However as a Season Pass owner I got fucked over hard, we literally get NOTHING as compensation. Just a 4 month delay of a broken game and the stuff everyone already had months earlier.

Ah well, at least the game is quite good.
    Heh, so only Season Pass owners got screwed? How about the people who got the regular game too.

Anyways, to answer that question they don't have to give you anything at all. The game was still playable and everything. If they had removed it and gave it back or you couldn't even boot it then I understand. I know myself and several others were able to play the game and not have any lag issues at all. Only thing missing were some "shinies" such as rain textures you barely notice while playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Heh, so only Season Pass owners got screwed? How about the people who got the regular game too.

Anyways, to answer that question they don't have to give you anything at all. The game was still playable and everything. If they had removed it and gave it back or you couldn't even boot it then I understand. I know myself and several others were able to play the game and not have any lag issues at all. Only thing missing were some "shinies" such as rain textures you barely notice while playing.
    Yes, because the game was playable for YOU, it was playable for everyone, right? I also don't see how it's playable when it got REMOVED because of how bad it was. Bugs WB reportedly knew months before the twice delayed release.

But yes, pre-ordering a game and season pass to have early access to goods you paid for, then getting fucked over multiple times and just a 'sorry, thanks for waiting...' is just extremely bad policy on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Yes, because the game was playable for YOU, it was playable for everyone, right? I also don't see how it's playable when it got REMOVED because of how bad it was. Bugs WB reportedly knew months before the twice delayed release.

But yes, pre-ordering a game and season pass to have early access to goods you paid for, then getting fucked over multiple times and just a 'sorry, thanks for waiting...' is just extremely bad policy on their side.
    The game was still playable period. Many people were able to fully complete the game. Just because it had to be taken down to fix several bugs doesn't mean they need to compensate you. If you found it unplayable you were able to refund it through GMG or Steam. Either way compensation was available if you chose to take that path. They are required in no way to offer any type of compensation. Sure a compensation would be nice, but it's not to be expected.

It's understandable if you are angry and upset at the situation, but if you felt that strongly about it then you should've refunded it and repurchased it when you felt it was in a better shape.

7+ Year Old Account
    The game was still playable period. Many people were able to fully complete the game. Just because it had to be taken down to fix several bugs doesn't mean they need to compensate you. If you found it unplayable you were able to refund it through GMG or Steam. Either way compensation was available if you chose to take that path. They are required in no way to offer any type of compensation. Sure a compensation would be nice, but it's not to be expected.

It's understandable if you are angry and upset at the situation, but if you felt that strongly about it then you should've refunded it and repurchased it when you felt it was in a better shape.
    I'm one of the people that was able to get it running reasonably well (key word: reasonably). The patch did help quite a bit. I've completed the game 100% twice now. I'm really looking forward to all the DLC that we've missed until now though. I do have a 980ti and 32GB of RAM though, that's probably why I was one of the fortunate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm one of the people that was able to get it running reasonably well (key word: reasonably). The patch did help quite a bit. I've completed the game 100% twice now. I'm really looking forward to all the DLC that we've missed until now though. I do have a 980ti and 32GB of RAM though, that's probably why I was one of the fortunate ones.
    I think part of it was hit or miss perhaps as I have a 760TI and 8GB of ram which is a lot lower than yours, but I had no issues running it other than missing fluff that they patched it. Though I know a lot of people had it working right and other's didn't. It seems to be a hit or miss on the whole thing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

To be fair, we had no access to the DLC that was already finished because they were holding it back until they deemed the game "fixed". But then if they didn't do that you'd probably get people crying about them releasing DLC while the game wasn't fixed, so lose/lose situation.

Not that I care, I got the premium edition cheap when the price went rock bottom during the fiasco, so just the main game was worth the price since it worked fine on my PC.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only annoyance is that I beat the game 4 months ago and have just been waiting for DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    My only annoyance is that I beat the game 4 months ago and have just been waiting for DLC.
    Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. I'm just waiting for the Season Pass to go cheaper. So far cheapest I found was $25 the other day. Though I can find the Harley Quinn DLC for $0.25, but I'm pretty sure if you get the Season Pass it comes with it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. I'm just waiting for the Season Pass to go cheaper. So far cheapest I found was $25 the other day. Though I can find the Harley Quinn DLC for $0.25, but I'm pretty sure if you get the Season Pass it comes with it anyway.
    I was lucky and managed to get the Arkham Knight Premium Edition so, Game + Season Pass for $23 a few days after launch after the PC fiasco. Was pretty happy.

Well for those seeking compensation, here is what they are offering. (Displayed on this page)

Originally Posted by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Blue Tracker)
    Greetings Batman: Arkham Fans!

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog[www.teamfortress.com] for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:

• Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
    • The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
    • The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Granted I wasn't expecting compensation, but seems completely meh for those who have been buying each game in the past. Basically you get nothing but TF2 items, oh well. Too bad I don't play it I guess.

Maybe the Community Challenge Pack DLC will be interesting?

On another note for those who didn't not know. If you go to the WB forums and sign in with your account you can get a free Arkham Knight skin (Zur-En-Arrh).
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-10-28 at 06:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well for those seeking compensation, here is what they are offering. (Displayed on this page)

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog[www.teamfortress.com] for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:

• The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Granted I wasn't expecting compensation, but seems completely meh for those who have been buying each game in the past. Basically you get nothing but TF2 items, oh well. Too bad I don't play it I guess.

On another note for those who didn't not know. If you go to the WB forums and sign in with your account you can get a free Arkham Knight skin (Zur-En-Arrh).
    I spoke with one of the moderators and he said there is a good chance that if we already have the games, we'll just get free copies that we can gift to someone else. I do have a friend that doesn't have any of the Arkham games so that would work if they do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this lovely gem.
    How's the performance of Arkham Knight after the re-release? (video)

I haven't actually played the game since the re-release so I don't know how true this is, but considering how they are putting 12gb of ram as the recommended requirements, I'm going to assume the video is fairly accurate.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account

Community challenge pack... Meh.
    Don't play TF2.
    Already own all the previous games hence why I bought the newest fucking one.

Oh well. can't always hope for actual good FREE content.

well it is good free content, the problem is most of us probably already own it. It's an exceptionally stupid move on their part to get us to buy the shitty season pass still. I don't want your old games, I want shit for the game you gave us, that wasn't ready for release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Found this lovely gem.
    How's the performance of Arkham Knight after the re-release? (video)

I haven't actually played the game since the re-release so I don't know how true this is, but considering how they are putting 12gb of ram as the recommended requirements, I'm going to assume the video is fairly accurate.
    The 12GB thing is due to a bug that is still being worked on. They didn't change the system requirements, they simply said that until the bug is fixed, if you run with 12GB the game won't page at all and thus you won't encounter the bug.

12 gb for the game doesnt make any sense.. its not hard having 16gb but even though doesnt make any sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyndro View Post
    12 gb for the game doesnt make any sense.. its not hard having 16gb but even though doesnt make any sense.
    As explained, it is a bug with the way the game interacts with Win10's paging system. Win10 was released AFTER the game, so it's understandable if there are a few issues. Having 12GB will just allow you to work around the bug until it's fixed. They aren't saying 12GB is required.

So apparently the game is listed on Steam again and is still having issues, albeit much smaller in scale than before.