Deleted

Few quick questions

Hello.

I have looked around but I could not find an answer to these ( regarding twinking at level 80 ) :

1 : do the passive of skinning ( crit ) at max level still gives its max effect or is it scaled down like heirlooms, enchanted .. etc.. ?
    2 : same question about the active skill of herbalism

10+ Year Old Account
    Good questions, but I am sure most people would still say that taking a crafting prof for those bonuses still far outway those from any gathering prof. I could be mistaken, but the +500 to int on bracers for example from LW is still +500 even at lvl 80.

Update:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mum-profession

I stand corrected, but here is your answer.

Google search "profs for a 80 twink", first response.

- - - Updated - - -

This was taken from this thread on wowhead for <Herald of the Titans>:

http://www.wowhead.com/title=166/her...itans#comments

Edit: On 5.4 PTR, all professions are neutralized, and grant profession perks based on character level rather than profession skill point. If this change carries to live, then this thread will become obsolete.

====

Since the title is still available in Mop, it is worth to mention a few things about choosing profession if you really want to save time for grinding a BiS set for this. Notice that the minimum required level to train 600 profession is 80, and in future expansion the minimum level would likely be increased to 85 (always 2 expansions behind), so it may be a good idea to start building an 'ultimate herald toon'.

Consumables:
    Lv.80 toons can use cata flask such as Flask of the Draconic Mind, and cata food such as Fortune Cookie. MoP food and flasks requires Lv.85-Lv.90 to use.

Profession Bonuses:
    Alchemy: Gain from this profession would be limited to 16 prime stats (24 if stamina, which has a 1.5 multiplier, same calculation below), no matter what level of flask you used. Also, it should be noted that Alchemist's Flask can be tricky. Although it states as a 320 prime stats boost on tooltip, when consumed by a Lv.80 toon, it only gives 16 stats boost (which is calculated based on WotLK flak stats).

Blacksmith: Even though wrist/glove socket does not have restriction on item level, the gems do, thus the bonus would be 40 of any stats.

Enchanting: mop ring enchant requires minimum ilvl of 372, thus we can only cata ring enchant, which is 80 prime stats.

Engineering: engineers have access to their latest perks such as Synapse Springs, which is equivalent to 320 prime stats. In addition, they also have quality of life bonuses such as Nitro Boosts, making engineering one of the most useful profession for this fight (dps and tank wise).

Herbalism: these herb farmers have access to Lifeblood, equivalent to 480 haste. Based on class and spec, this can be an insane burst. However, farm herbs on low level alt can be a painful process.

Inscription: the mop bop shoulder enchant requires lv.90 to use, thus they can only use cata inscription-only shoulder enchant. However, it should be noticed that normal shoulder enchant from therazane is not available to lv.80, which makes this profession slightly better than enchanting (roughly 100 prime stats).

Jewelcrafting: gems has item level requirements, thus the bonus would be 40 of any stats.

Leatherworking: Not only they have access to the latest wrist exclusive enchant, but also they can use the cheap leg enchant. For agi/str users or tanks, the bonus can reach as high as 750 prime stats, even for casters the bonus would be near 500 prime stats.

Mining: miners have access to Toughness which increases 480 stamina. Only useful to tank, and farm minerals on low level alt can be a painful process.

Skinning: skinners have access to Master of Anatomy which increases 480 crit. Though, farm skins on low level alt can be a painful process.

Tailoring: Not only they have access to the latest triggerable back enchant, but also they can use the cheap leg enchant. For casters or healers, the bonus can reach as high as 800 prime stats, even for agi/str dps, the bonus can reach 400 prime stats.

Conclusion:
    Leatherworking and Tailoring are easy winners for most dps/healer, while herbalism/engineering can be useful for certain dps classes and mining can be useful for tank.
    Last edited by bqiyue2 on 2013/07/05 (Patch 5.3.0)

KzanolNS on 2013/08/17 (Patch 5.3.0)
    Just to mention, it REALLY is worth it to grind professions on your Herald toon. Don't worry about BiS gear, regular gems, enchants, focus on professions. On my hunter, on which I just did Herald today, I got 14k DPS with mostly JP purchased gear (no drops from Ulduar used at all) and 575+ engineering and leatherworking. It does pay off, so don't underestimate it if planning to do the achievement.

bakhtarrh on 2013/09/20 (Patch 5.4.0)
    With patch 5.4 it is, unfortunately: Quite the contrary. Bqiyue2's apprehension came true: The professions are now tied to the player level. With level 80, it does not make any difference for you if you have Skinning at 450 or maxed out to 600: 48 crit is what you get. With Leatherworking it is the same: +50 on your wrist. I did not check the other professions, yet. I'd assume 1/10 for them, as well.
    Bolded and underlined part is important, as it states they normalized all profs in 5.4 to your character level, not your prof skill level.
    Last edited by mykro9; 2014-03-04 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Good questions, but I am sure most people would still say that taking a crafting prof for those bonuses still far outway those from any gathering prof. I could be mistaken, but the +500 to int on bracers for example from LW is still +500 even at lvl 80.

Update:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mum-profession

I stand corrected, but here is your answer.

Google search "profs for a 80 twink", first response.

- - - Updated - - -

This was taken from this thread on wowhead for <Herald of the Titans>:

http://www.wowhead.com/title=166/her...itans#comments
    I checked that but its a real old topic , and I had also read a more recent comment on someone claiming that the tailoring sellf enchant on cloak for scaled down to 80... that's why I have my doubts and the reason of this topic.

Maybe would be easy if someone knows of good 80 twinks armory link or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant seem to be able to edit my posts so I will just make a double...

Yes that's another topic I had read , and that's why I had made this topic here.

I guess that confirms my fears.

Though.. if any of you had a link of some very good 80 twink , I would love to see them .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I checked that but its a real old topic , and I had also read a more recent comment on someone claiming that the tailoring sellf enchant on cloak for scaled down to 80... that's why I have my doubts and the reason of this topic.

Maybe would be easy if someone knows of good 80 twinks armory link or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant seem to be able to edit my posts so I will just make a double...

Yes that's another topic I had read , and that's why I had made this topic here.

I guess that confirms my fears.

Though.. if any of you had a link of some very good 80 twink , I would love to see them .
    The part I bolded and underlined in the quote, though 6 months old, is still relevant.

5.4 as the last major patch, and as such what you can base current gameplay on.

The person quoted is saying that you do not get the full level 90 stats from say LW, but a scaled stat appropriate to level 80.

This does not invalidate what the OP in the thread was saying in regards to which profs are best, but it clarifies that the bonuses are scaled.

My point is that profs that a high end raider takes are typically crafting, because they have crunched the numbers, and gamed that they do the best for each prof spot.

You asked if the crit from skinning will scale down, and it does. So at level 80 you would have 48 crit, not 480 crit, whether you have maxed LW to 600, or only 450.

It would also help to know if you are trying to twink for BG's or for something like <Herald of the Titans> as your OP is a bit ambiguous in this regard.

Deleted
    I am twinking for all kind of purposes. At moment just for the fun of oneshotting hordelvl 80-84 and running in solo dungeons.

I am on a war fury with 2 bjams already.

Nobody got links to very good equipped twinks so I can take a look ?