Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

People who are crying for Appear Offline mode

Do you guys think most of the people who are crying for Appear Offline mode are the people who play too much but dont want people to know they do?

They make up some stupid excuse that they don't want to brush people off but its not that hard to put your status on Do Not Disturb and if they message you just say can't talk busy.

In real life they probably tell their friends they go out to parties and all this cool stuff everyday, so they want an appear offline mode so they don't get caught on WoW when they suppose to be "out".

Also if blizzard adds the feature appear offline then valentines day you will probably hear everybody say they have a hot date and wont be "online" but they will just be in appear offline and you will probably catch them gathering herbs.

Its not that hard to tell people you are busy if they get angry at you for being busy why don't you just delete them from your friends list?

Some people just wan't to game in peace once in a while. Not sure why that's a bad thing. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking to people on my friends list. I just want to log in to do a few things and relax.

Other people are more social anxious and just don't like confrontations so they'd rather have an offline mode than have to tell people that they don't want to talk.

No reason to insult people over it.

some people just want to be left alone if they are dealing with things. putting "do not disturb" doesnt really work sometimes.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    Some people just wan't to game in peace once in a while. Not sure why that's a bad thing. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking to people on my friends list. I just want to log in to do a few things and relax.

Other people are more social anxious and just don't like confrontations so they'd rather have an offline mode than have to tell people that they don't want to talk.

No reason to insult people over it.
    You guys are acting like you are so popular. that everytime you log on 10000 friends message you talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Do you guys think most of the people who are crying for Appear Offline mode are the people who play too much but dont want people to know they do?

They make up some stupid excuse that they don't want to brush people off but its not that hard to put your status on Do Not Disturb and if they message you just say can't talk busy.
    Have you ever been stalked? Online and in real life?

Because most of the time it's not that you're too busy to talk, it's that you just want some time to yourself. People don't take too well to being told you're simply not in the mood to deal with them. I bet there isn't a single instance of someone being embarrassed by how much they're online, and I can't even fathom how you came to that conclusion. Some of us would like to sometimes not have to deal with the social side of things, and that shouldn't be hard to understand.

As an example, there's a girl I've met over the game and we've always tried to make time to play together, just the two of us. But she's the guild leader of a large guild, and most of the officers are either her real life friends or people she's played with forever. If she's online at all, they expect some form of group play to go on, because that's the status quo. If she tells them she wants to do something different, they follow her; if she says she doesn't want them to follow her, there's drama. There's absolutely no downside to an appear offline feature, but plenty of benefit. And thus, there's no reason to be against the feature.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2014-03-04 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Because most of the time it's not that you're too busy to talk, it's that you just want some time to yourself. People don't take too well to being told you're simply not in the mood to deal with them. I bet there isn't a single instance of someone being embarrassed by how much they're online, and I can't even fathom how you came to that conclusion. Some of us would like to sometimes not have to deal with the social side of things, and that shouldn't be hard to understand.

As an example, there's a girl I've met over the game and we've always tried to make time to play together, just the two of us. But she's the guild leader of a large guild, and most of the officers are either her real life friends or people she's played with forever. If she's online at all, they expect some form of group play to go on, because that's the status quo. If she tells them she wants to do something different, they follow her; if she says she doesn't want them to follow her, there's drama. There's absolutely no downside to an appear offline feature, but plenty of benefit. And thus, there's no reason to be against the feature.
    You are just making things up to prove your point.
    If she says she is busy i dont believe that they will follow her around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can appear offline in the Battle.net client - why not the game itself? It's a feature that a lot of people want, and as others have already said, there would be zero negative effects to having it. Get over it.

You guys are acting like you are so popular. that everytime you log on 10000 friends message you talking to you.

Actually it's you that's acting like you're that popular that people will immediately follow the Do Not Disturb status. You realize that only shows up in two ways, if you're Real ID friends, or you set /dnd and they send you a message.

Even if somebody has just one friend, having some solo time only per you is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjai View Post
    I can appear offline in the Battle.net client - why not the game itself? It's a feature that a lot of people want, and as others have already said, there would be zero negative effects to having it. Get over it.
    How about if i want to do some dungeons on valentines day but everybody on my friends list is apparantly on a "hot date" aka Appear Offline.

Deleted
    You are just making things up to prove your point.
    If she says she is busy i dont believe that they will follow her around.
    So other people have to accept your opinion but you call their opinion a lie?
    As a female myself I've had some really annoying encounters with people... for instance a certain someone would always CRY to me when I would do LFR with someone else without inviting him and stuff like that go on and go on... Maybe you are just a troll though...

Edit: Also, if you are so concerned about Valentine's day then LOL, you know the world has 364 more days... or you could... you know... get a bf/gf yourself... it always works.

Well, there is a way to appear as offline.. at least from B.net friends.. The guild will still see you login. But it involves your Windows firewall... just disable the B.net port, and bam.. Just log into the char select screen first, and then disable the port. B.net will say that it's offline, so you can't see your friends either.

Google: Appear as offline B.net firewall tutorial

At least it's something while you wait for the feature to be part of the game.

I'm not really an advocate of it, but I can definitely see the benefits.

I play a lot of Blizzard games and sometimes when I'm playing one, I don't want to constantly get whispered about another. In each game, I tend to play with a different group of people. Usually I'm not in the mood to talk WoW strats when I'm playing SC etc. Being able to appear offline would be kind of neat there.

I think they should allow it. Some people play wow to unwind from the ever so more apparent real world. Meanwhile you have players who look to wow for socialization. See how this won't work. I think space has to be respected and not taken personally.

How about if i want to do some dungeons on valentines day but everybody on my friends list is apparantly on a "hot date" aka Appear Offline.
    Then if you're annoying enough to bother them on their hot date, they deserve an appear offline feature.

Dude just stop, stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Quit crying about nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're online and feel like running dungeons and/or socializing, then there won't be any need for them to appear offline. Would you really want to do stuff with people who would rather be doing something else?

Did you not get your bottle and nap today? It would be nice to have this feature as a raid/guild/rbg lead so you can just jump on from time to time and not be bothered by others. Sometimes you just want to play in peace and quiet. After coming home from work sometimes you just want to relax and with all the ways people can and do track you that isn't always an option with WoW and now all their bnet connected games.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

OP is upset his "friends" don't want to do things with him because he's annoying but they are too nice to tell him. So he doesn't want them to be able to appear offline to hide from him..

If this feature existed I bet his whole guild would never be "online".

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Did you not get your bottle and nap today? It would be nice to have this feature as a raid/guild/rbg lead so you can just jump on from time to time and not be bothered by others. Sometimes you just want to play in peace and quiet. After coming home from work sometimes you just want to relax and with all the ways people can and do track you that isn't always an option with WoW and now all their bnet connected games.
    If you guys who want this feature just admit you only want it because you dont want people to know how much and when your on then ill stop, its with you guys lying and pretending there is another reason to have it that annoys me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    OP is upset his "friends" don't want to do things with him because he's annoying but they are too nice to tell him. So he doesn't want them to be able to appear offline to hide from him..

If this feature existed I bet his whole guild would never be "online".
    Yeah nobody will be online. because everybody would be telling each other they have some hot date every night and 10000 parties to go to. but in the wow world they just gathering herbs