Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I've been subbed continuously for 10+ years and I've never had my account compromised, as I'm sure many others also have not. Either way if someone steals your info and gets online they'll just ignore people and take all your shit without people knowing anyways, not like your friends are all going to be like "Hey I noticed you logging onto alts, are you hacked? Say nothing if you're hacked and i'll open a ticket that will be answered in 3 days time and they will save your account."
    Maybe it's different for me because I used to be the GM of a guild, but if I see someone acting uncharacteristically as well as not responding, yeah, I've preemptively demoted folks to not having vault access until I could verify what was happening.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Late to the party and all that but maybe I don't know... turn off the battle.net chat or whispers if you don't want to converse with people on your 'friends list'. I know that's a hassle.

No, i want it because when i tell my friends or people online to fuck off and not talk to me, they dont understand that i really mean fuck off and i want to be left alone.

You sound bitter.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Some people just don't respect DND. Sometimes you just wanna play and do your own thing without the guild messaging you asking you to drop everything for whatever, or worse they ask people they know who are on your friends list to relay the message and your friend does it cause they don't want the guild to look down on you. And so what was just a fun little play time without stress or hassle is now you running peoples alts through SM or whatever cause you have a rep for being the guy that does that kind of thing.

Oh sure, you can kick anyone who does this off your friends list but that could cause conflicts irl, plus really, it's not worth fighting or losing friends over. Just being able to appear offline for a few hours while you enjoy some peace and quiet fixes all that.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    You are just making things up to prove your point.
    If she says she is busy i dont believe that they will follow her around.
    Then you need a little more experience in real life. I have that problem, if I try and make a char on a different server to the one my guild is on for a break. one or two people always follow me, make chars on that server to be able to stay close. They are nice lads and helpful but sometimes I wish they would leave me alone. I am an old lady, their honorary grandmother but sometimes I want to be free of them. If I was to remove them from my friends list and change email so they could not track me they would be very upset. I do not want to upset them, but a couple of free hours a week would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    The OP has to be one of the most assumptious people on these forums. Personally, I wouldn't mind an appear offline feature because I get tired of people easily, not being a very social person. I would disable the feature when I am wanting social interaction with people.
    The OP is probably one of those people who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    >Logs onto an MMORPG

>wants appear offline feature

>seems legit
    Wants to play diablo 3 solo or hearthstone on remote control with my phone from school without realID/battletag friends asking for boosts for this, help with that, fast queue for lfr...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Late to the party and all that but maybe I don't know... turn off the battle.net chat or whispers if you don't want to converse with people on your 'friends list'. I know that's a hassle.
    And then they will be upset because you are ignoring them, great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    With the amount of flaming in this thread and with the OP banned (and due to the content of the opening post), I'm closing this.