Another kind of racial traits. Brand new!!!

Hi everyone!

Have you ever thought about... another kind of racial traits?

Look at this!

*I'm sorry for my english!
    Last edited by kamuul; 2014-03-04 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for more for-fun racials that don't have much effect on combat and are cosmetic-ish. Would add more spice to picking a race and create a more distinct race feel. I'd also like class spells corresponding to race brought back, but uhh...

But for Moonbeast, I think that fits something like a single player game rather than an MMO. Like in the first Fable you could eat a carrot to make it daytime, which was awesome, but it'd suck in a multiplayer game 'cause other players might want it to stay night time. Though it does say only in Gilneas and we all know no one goes there 'cept roleplayers. Still!
    And some of these like the Heroism one are really "eehhh..." but I get the idea they're going for overall and like it. ^^ Did you make this yourself?

That goblin one is the most OP thing I have ever seen ever.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoroaria View Post
    I'm all for more for-fun racials that don't have much effect on combat and are cosmetic-ish. Would add more spice to picking a race and create a more distinct race feel. I'd also like class spells corresponding to race brought back, but uhh...

But for Moonbeast, I think that fits something like a single player game rather than an MMO. Like in the first Fable you could eat a carrot to make it daytime, which was awesome, but it'd suck in a multiplayer game 'cause other players might want it to stay night time. Though it does say only in Gilneas and we all know no one goes there 'cept roleplayers. Still!
    And some of these like the Heroism one are really "eehhh..." but I get the idea they're going for overall and like it. ^^ Did you make this yourself?
    You're right, some abilities could be problematic =/ Thank you for your comments!

And, yes!, I make it myself =)
    *Clarification: Spells ideas & texts from me, artwork from Blizzard site
    Last edited by kamuul; 2014-03-05 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    That goblin one is the most OP thing I have ever seen ever.
    Why? Everyone with even a little bit of gold already has the mount with a vendor. Or Engineering. Or both.

On-topic: I really like these kind of racials. Blizzard could learn a thing or two from you. Really, fuck balance-altering racials forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Why? Everyone with even a little bit of gold already has the mount with a vendor. Or Engineering. Or both.

On-topic: I really like these kind of racials. Blizzard could learn a thing or two from you. Really, fuck balance-altering racials forever.
    Sell your OWN items

Not regent mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post

But then no one would bother race changing.
    Think of the microtransactions....
    Chronomancer Club

If those can be shaped into more proper, less game-breaking, and above all lore consistent racials, then sure. On the subject of spelling errors, I can understand leaving an L out in troll, but how can you get worgen right once then wrong a second time as HUARGEN?

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    If those can be shaped into more proper, less game-breaking, and above all lore consistent racials, then sure. On the subject of spelling errors, I can understand leaving an L out in troll, but how can you get worgen right once then wrong a second time as HUARGEN?
    In Spanish, we say (and we write) "Huargen" instead of "Worgen", and "Trol" instead of "Troll". I'm so sorry about those translation problems :S

Haha, I kind of like those. Wish they had gone with purely aesthetic racials and done away with the DPS component instead of catering to the min-maxers with more stupid <1% DPS racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoroaria View Post
    I agree. I think things like the Goblins Rocket Jump and Pack Goblin are really cool. They really add nothing special to the character, though some might claim the mechanics of Rocket Jump is viable in certain situations.

I'd like to see some fun things like Night Elves summoning a little woodlands critter to follow them about for 5 minutes or something of the like. If racials were more like Minor glyphs and less like major ones, people could just choose a race based on aesthetics. For me, I will forever love Gnomes. So something like a tinkering skill that could add a temporary plating, like a mechagnome, but with no real stat benefit. Just an appearance change.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Transform into a naaru to --"

No no no no no no.

I admire your creativity! Not just in the flavor, but in the art itself. Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Transform into a naaru to --"

No no no no no no.

I admire your creativity! Not just in the flavor, but in the art itself. Well done.
    I recognize the artwork from the Blizz site. The layout, however, is well done. I might have ordered them more like they are in the creation menu, but that's just me Overall, the OP did a pretty good job.