Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard a rumor that Cannibals will have a higher chance of survival.

Sustenance and eliminating competition at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Well if gamecubes arent in the immediate area so they dont burn from the excessive heat, im sure they might still work. Hell my gamecube still works now, it could possibility survive the heat even!
    What about Nokia phones? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Cannibals will have a higher chance of survival.

Sustenance and eliminating competition at the same time.
    I dont see how logical that would be in humans case. We only survive long terms in numbers. Everyone effected by radiation will most likely die much younger, if you eat them you are only making your own case worse by eating flesh with particles in them.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Politicians

People sealed up in giant metal vaults buried deep underground, then emerge into the nuclear wasteland a few centuries later to search for bottle caps in desk drawers.

Few serious answers in this thread. The truth is that no one ever expected for anything close to all Russians or Americans to die in a nuclear war at even the height of the Cold War when there were far more nukes.

A large percentage of nukes are targetted at ICBM bases, which in the US are located in North Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. Not exactly high population areas. Also, nukes are "cleaner" now than they used to be - they are largely designed to take out the target in question without spreading too much unnecessary radiation. People seem to recognize that killing the planet isn't a very smart idea.

Right now I'd guess that 120-140 million Americans would die in a nuclear war with Russia. I'd actually rather be one of them than try to eke out an existence in the world that remains, but there will still be a world. Man is too resilient and nukes aren't quite as apocalyptic as many seem to think.