Thoughts on best 3s comp for WoD so far?

I know its to early to tell, but based on the blue posts today about cc reduce and abilites getting nerfed or removed, what do you guys think will be the best comp in 6.0?

Tbh i want ww monks to shine in 3s instead of 2s, and with the cc reductions and monk still having 2 trinkets I think we wont have a problem dying in stuns.

I have played monk pretty much since start of mop, nothing to serious becase of faceroll comps everywhere, but i achived 2k last season (f*ck you backpeddling swifty jr)

I guess you can call me a bg hero, because thats everything monk was good at (havent played 5.4.7 yet)

So I've been thinking about cc combos that will work in WOd, and I started to think, ww/dk/priest could be good, because:

-Dk can take mass grip because he doesnt need 4 trinkets anymore so:
    Mass grip into leg sweep (can't get parried becausr parry is gone, aka a full 5 sec stun if you get all 3 enemy players, with some aoe preassure with dots and Rushing Jade Wind, maybe howling blast if frost>unholy, followed with a dr and a tripple dr fist of fury (leg sweep + FoF = 8 sec total stun) followed with a fear from the priest, and strangulate from dk, into a incap from monk. That would be 8 sec stun> 6 sec fear > 5 sec strang > 4/6 sec incap which could be followed by chastise if it hasnt been removed yet, so it could potentaly be a 14 sec whole enemy team cced, and 1 target with the strang/incap/chastise followup, that can result in a 28(?) sec CC if the stars allign.

I know this sounds cray, dat shit cray, but it might be possible to wreck with this comp

Thoughts? Or maybe you have a better comp in mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    RMP will be godly again if psychic scream isn't going to be removed. RMD might still be insane as well simply because of the amount of CC they still most likely have. I also see PHD staying strong even with scatter shot being removed and traps triggering instantly (chains of ice or pet stun = guaranteed trap) as well as Wyvern Sting staying.

To be honest, it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell though which comps will be strong.

It's *entirely* too early to tell.

That being said, I think the staples will always remain. RMP/D, beastcleave, TSG, RLS, WLS, MLS teams, things that have always been strong and have good synergy will probably continue to be. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise yet. Monk teams like KFChi, or Monk/Lock/Shaman, will probably continue to be good. And yeah, Monks will be better with a reduction in CC.

As for your suggestion, lots and lots of things sound good on paper, but in reality don't work the way you intend, and I suspect that's one of them. You could say "3 Combat Rogues would be amazing! Sap 2 targets, open super hard on the third and just kill him, Combat damage is so crazy!" but in reality that would basically never work. And I'd be surprised if Monk/DK worked at all. It's practically impossible to get combos like that off against other players. Would work 100% of the time against mobs, but against real players not so much.

Even though they're tweaking CC, there's still going to be a lot of it. DK/Monk has almost none. You can say Leg Sweep 3 targets, but that will probably never happen against good players. You can say AoE fear, but that also won't happen against 3 people. Yes, DKs can grip everyone in, but out of the 11 classes, 6 classes can instantly get away from DK grip. Odds are good one of those 6 will be on the enemy team. It's way too early to predict what will be strong, but with there being less CC than in the past it means that CC classes will be stronger. Because CC is harder to get off and weaker than it was, it means that you'll need more of it to secure kills, meaning bringing 2 classes with incredibly limited CC won't be ideal.

Deleted
    Based on how damage will change, it's really, really, really too early to tell. RMP seems like a fine choice though, a lot because of absorbs, mass dispel being more powerful and mage/rogue doesn't seem to have a lot of CCs nerfed this far.

You'd be extremely stupid if you'd started practicing RMP for WoD based on what we've seen though. You'd be very stupid trying to predict the best comp already. Once beta hits, we'll be able to tell, but nerfs on the OP comps are likely to come mid-beta.

Deleted
    It will be Holy Priest / Ret Paladin / Arms Warrior

Why?

Because Velen, Yrel and Garrosh, Grommash are main lore figures in WoD

True story

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid/Warlock/X, Maybe Druid/Warlock/Rogue(the three best cc in the game) or Druid/Warlock/Dk(go dot cleave!).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Druid/Warlock/X, Maybe Druid/Warlock/Rogue(the three best cc in the game) or Druid/Warlock/Dk(go dot cleave!).
    Sounds like TBC...

People are forgetting that Cyclone can now be dispelled.

It's too early to tell what'll be strong and what won't.

But druids will be taking a massive hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    People are forgetting that Cyclone can now be dispelled.
    But only by mass dispel and immunities like block/bubble. So....

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    But only by mass dispel and immunities like block/bubble. So....
    Carry a priest in your team gg

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Carry a priest in your team gg
    Mass Dispel has a 15 second CD, Cyclone will be just fine, we're talking about Blizzard's baby here.

Everybody needs to run with a druid, as Cyclone doesn't DR with anything but itself. RMD. /thread
    Last edited by Pewpewwindeeps; 2014-03-05 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Removing false information.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    The biggest thing that nobody is realizing is this: Polymorph effects and Fear effects now share a DR. How has nobody noticed this yet?
    "All Incapacitate (sometimes called "mesmerize") effects now share the same DR category and have been merged with the Horror DR category."

Horror=/=fear

Horrors

Priest
    Psychic Horror (Horror effect)

Warlock
    Blood Horror
    Mortal Coil

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    "All Incapacitate (sometimes called "mesmerize") effects now share the same DR category and have been merged with the Horror DR category."

Horror=/=fear

Horrors

Priest
    Psychic Horror (Horror effect)

Warlock
    Blood Horror
    Mortal Coil

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192
    My bad. Edited my last post to remove false info. I initially read the DR category incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this thread? is there a talent calculator and ability list i missed somewhere?

all we can so far is that shadowplay will be garbage...

I feel the comeback of African Turtle Cleave, or maybe double dispel combs again

And for 5s I have no friends Cleave, no doubt.

15+ Year Old Account
    MLD could be a top contender - in a world where they are removing so much CC, the comp that has so much CC they could remove half of it and they'd still have twice as much as many comps have now - is king.

Pretty hard to speculate this far in advance though, obviously.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping godcomp or rmp is strong as going to be playing rogue and sp next xpac.

If cc is being toned down then godcomp should be strong depending on how much gets axed, and if sp are not so trainable.

Been playing sp this week and really having fun, mained a lock since TBC but Yvaelle you've managed to convert me lol