temple of kotmogu

What is it that people do not understand about this bg? I have constantly been seeing people standing right next to the orbs and not grabbing them. Then you have people who dont even make an effort to leave the middle to grab orbs.

Out of every bg there is this one is probably my least favorite. Its pretty much a bend over and take it up the ass you have no control over anything bg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    What is it that people do not understand about this bg? I have constantly been seeing people standing right next to the orbs and not grabbing them.
    Well, Bgs atm are gear farming, meaning everyone isnt fully geared, some people know their limit and dont want to grab orb cuz they feel bad if they get instant gibbed by someone and prefer not being yelled at/ feel they can't cut my weight.

people expect 100% bg wins all the time. clearly thats impossible, so ppl scream and moan on others so it feels like they got a reason why they didnt win that bg etc
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2014-03-05 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Hah on the last temple I was in last night we had all 4 orbs standing in corners and everyone was just killing each other in the middle...Either bots or seriously ignorant people.We won by having a couple of people who knew what to do by taking 2 orbs and just run around (avoiding the middle)..

ToK is the worst BG blizzard has ever made. I don't know how people play this trash. I've had this garbage on blacklist since blacklist was available.

10+ Year Old Account
    its pretty much the laziest attempt blizz has ever made at making a bg...its boring but normally over pretty fast

Deleted
    as for every non-40 bg out there: if you don't want to get frustrated by your teammates, friggin make a small premade. It will skyrocket your chances of winning!

For my pug experience, I've been either very lucky or Alliance has been getting used to this bg over time, but I have had a 10-1 win ratio for the past few days on this bg (farming it for veteran).

I like temple, simple and direct and even if your teammates play like mongs at least it moves forwards.

I fail to see how randoms not grabbing orbs is somehow worse than randoms midfighting in WSG for 20 min.

Today i have played 13 Temples and won only one. I blame the CtA weekend as bots are out in force. They must be bots as they never carry an orb, never kill orb carriers and score virtually no points, HKs or KBs. They just run around the outside, attacking non-carriers and dying. Before today i was around 50/50 in this BG so i doubt i'll be doing CtA again. The best thing is, none of the losses are even close, it's always something daft like a 1600-400 loss. The one BG i won was 1600-200.
    Last edited by ceefaq; 2014-03-06 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i normally only take the orbs if no one else wants them as it really limits my defense (playing arcane mage and sv hunter mostly).

i am far better suited to kill other orb bearers. with some stacks on the orb, procced trinket and arcane power i can dish out 500k+ 1hit kills. simply stack ab on pets, sprint in, nova, barrage and blink out to the next one.

but in reality it is still mostly me who has to take the orb. on the plus side: a fully stacked arcane mage, with orb, cds, berserk, proccs and bloodlust is beyond ridiculous.

the temple is by far my most favorite bg. its pretty much the only one where you can make a real difference by yourself as it is the only bg where people die reasonably fast. but i am one of those who rather twoshot things and die as fast.

Deleted
    I've grown to intensely dislike Temple. I went from winning 90% of the BG's I participated when it was CTA SSM and WSG to losing 90% when it came to ToK. Having gone back to queuing to randoms, my win ratio is back to where it was. Dunno what is it with ToK but alliance dominates it like they do IoC and AV. Maybe it's because it favors the pack mentality ally players seem to have. (this coming from someone who was alliance up until early january). They Zergrush the middle and then just hang onto it like rabid wolverines.

I think there are a few archetypes in random BGs.

1.) The achievement hunter.
    2.) The honor grinder.
    3.) The I actually enjoy BG PvPer.
    4.) The PvE guy who wants to try PvP.
    5.) The Bot.
    6.) The Arena Hero who wants to try something out.

Of those players, the only ones who are actually interested in a win are normally 1, 2 (sometimes), 3. The others are more interested in staying alive and messing around, and as such will do everything to avoid where the brunt of the game is being played. In the case of Temple, that means never picking up orbs and rarely attacking orbs as orb carriers are generally in a group.

I actually like this BG because I feel like I can have such a huge impact on the outcome. Whatever I am playing I will normally never pick up orbs myself (unless warranted) but instead choose to focus on killing orb carriers. It always surprises me how there will be a group of 5 guys standing in mid one of which has a literal giant marker saying kill me to win and everyone will attack the other guys standing there. Boggling. So I find that most classes have the ability to "suicide" an orb carrier. I find that when you have an orb yourself it makes it harder to do this, but you end up getting just as many points by sometimes holding an orb but mostly killing carriers. I will generally end this BG with 15-20 KBs almost all carriers and somewhere in the top-middle pack of point gains.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like this battleground. Aside from WSG it's probably my favorite? Of course I don't really do that many battlegrounds, but I've really disliked most of what they've added as far as battlegrounds go since BC. This one is actually fun for me.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

It has one of the highest HK/hour of any BG, so if you are working on the 100,000/250,000 HK achievements, it's a good place to go.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I hate this BG, and Silvershard mines too. And it seems to be all I get when Im doing RBGs... for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    I hate this BG, and Silvershard mines too. And it seems to be all I get when Im doing RBGs... for real.
    Those and deepwind gorge. Complete garbage bgs that should have never been added to rated

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Those and deepwind gorge. Complete garbage bgs that should have never been added to rated
    I actually like that they added so many BGs this expansion. I would just like some more blacklists as a result.

Temple and Gorge are horrendous. I don't mind the mines.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I don't mind the mines.
    You must be Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have bad gear and grab it and they already have someone next to you and you grab it they not only get to kill you easily but get victory points for it and then get the orb.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If you have bad gear and grab it and they already have someone next to you and you grab it they not only get to kill you easily but get victory points for it and then get the orb.
    Or in your scenario you let them grab it, they get points while they kill you and then get bonus points when they kill you because they are holding an orb. So by your idiotic logic you would be gaining net points by just grabbing before them and doing whatever you can to CC them and run away as long as possible.

Getting tired of all the retards in PvP....