Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The best part about being a godfather...

... Is being able to watch children's animations like the Disney and Pixar movies without being judged for watching children's stuff. Not just the new ones, but also the classics like Lion King, Mulan, Snow White, Beauty and the beast, Cinderella,...

My godson has only just been born though and is only a few months old (born in september last year). When would you suggest to start viewing these with him (dubbed, not subbed, since I'm Flemish and he won't speak English yet), which ones should I start with and which ones should I leave until he's older? And which non-Disney/Pixar movies are also recommended?

Deleted
    The best part about being a Godfather is being able to leave horse heads in peoples beds.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    The best part about being a Godfather is being able to leave horse heads in peoples beds.
    That is a fantastic perk but you are also stuck with the burden of granting favors on the day of your daughters wedding.

OT:

I watch them now and don't have any kids, so whenever you feel like it.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2014-03-05 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    or you could watch them anyways and not care what others think of you.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    That, or watch them in the privacy of your own home where nobody can judge you.

Deleted

yeah! i watched Monsters University the other week, no regrets!

Quote Originally Posted by poppinXans View Post
    That, or watch them in the privacy of your own home where nobody can judge you.
    says bob marley

All jokes aside, Lion King is a great one to start with. It is a good lesson in bravery, confidence and to stand up for yourself. I'll be honest man, the others that you listed are pretty damn feminine. I don't recall watching any of that ever

edit: Suggestions would be: Shrek, Nemo, Toy Story, The goonies!(when older haha) The incredibles, Cars, Monsters INC.
    If you'd like some more just ask
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2014-03-05 at 10:18 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    I watch those movies without being involved with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    ... Is being able to watch children's animations like the Disney and Pixar movies without being judged for watching children's stuff. Not just the new ones, but also the classics like Lion King, Mulan, Snow White, Beauty and the beast, Cinderella,...

My godson has only just been born though and is only a few months old (born in september last year). When would you suggest to start viewing these with him (dubbed, not subbed, since I'm Flemish and he won't speak English yet), which ones should I start with and which ones should I leave until he's older? And which non-Disney/Pixar movies are also recommended?
    Pfft, I have watched plenty a Disney or Dreamworks animation film alone; with my head held high. If they were just for kids, they wouldn't put so many jokes in that an adult would be more likely to catch.

To answer your last question, Shrek. Can't go wrong.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I thought the best thing about being a godfather was all of the affection! I want my hand kisses when people greet me!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

... Is being able to watch children's animations like the Disney and Pixar movies without being judged for watching children's stuff./snip
    I can tell you're part of the older generation like me - the younger generation doesn't have a problem or stereotype people with watching Disney/Pixar movies. To them (and me) they are simply "animated movies/TV shows" along with Anime. I connect so well with younger people, but the older (my) generation are just lame and awful. I cannot tell you how many dates I've been on where the woman of my generation at some point says something akin to "Wait... aren't those the cartoons with the big eyes? Ooooh I hate those!!" That's an actual quote, BTW.

10+ Year Old Account

If you feel ashamed for watching kids movies, it is only because the the way you view yourself and how you feel you should be.

If you want to watch a cartoon, then by George you have every right to do so without feeling ashamed of it. After all, it is Adults who are the ones who make the shows.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

That's me too! I just watched Frozen in the theater a few days ago by myself (EXCELLENT movie BTW!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If you feel ashamed for watching kids movies, it is only because the the way you view yourself and how you feel you should be.

If you want to watch a cartoon, then by George you have every right to do so without feeling ashamed of it. After all, it is Adults who are the ones who make the shows.
    I don't think he feels "ashamed"... I think he's more "annoyed" by others stereotyping and ignorance towards him than shame.

Don't forget about some Miyazaki films when he's a bit older, to add to the movie rotation. Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, etc. Heck. Go ahead and use pre-screening for him if you want an "excuse" to watch stuff early. Or nostalgia.

I remember enjoying The Secret of NIMH as a kid. I have nearly no recollection of the movie other than that I apparently liked it.

An American Tail, also a mouse movie, but the main character's a boy.

NOT WATERSHIP DOWN. lol
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Tangled is a must at some point, supposedly a lot of guys love it just as much so feel free to preview it on your own first if you haven't seen it yet.

I haven't seen any, would Wallace & Gromit count?
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    And which non-Disney/Pixar movies are also recommended?
    The Matrix is really cool regardless of age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Don't forget about some Miyazaki films when he's a bit older, to add to the movie rotation. Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.
    l
    And that..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I haven't seen any, would Wallace & Gromit count?
    Nah, they're shorts if I recall. Fun though, but they're really friggin' scary (gave me the shits even though I lol'd through the Terminator as a toddler)

Nice thing about kids, is they just want to hang out with adults.
    So if you want to watch a movie, as long as the kid won't get scared, you can watch it.
    This means you can watch any movie with a few month old, as long as there's no sudden noises - they won't get scared if some kid dies (because they won't understand it).

Do whatever you want, as long as the kid is safe, and they'll love you and look forward to your time together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have at least one full length feature in Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
    Oh, there are new ones? I only know of the two old videos. Gotta see that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Nah, they're shorts if I recall. Fun though, but they're really friggin' scary (gave me the shits even though I lol'd through the Terminator as a toddler)
    Eep! Well, there's another reason to pre-screen O_o

Puss in Boots AFTER he's introduced in Shrek.
    Turbo, says my SO.
    Despicable Me
    The Lorax