Challenge Mode Gems Destro Lock

I was digging around but didn't see it so I apologize if this has been posted and I missed it. For BiS challenge mode gear with max gem slots is it better to gem pure int and ignore the bonus. Or pure int gem unless the bonus is int? Or just gem to get bonus in every piece?

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you going for realm-bests? I just used my normal gear, normal gems (mastery/int/hit), and once we knew what we were doing we got golds no problem. Didn't even have a very good comp; no lust, no mastery buff, no spellhaste. Make sure you have a non-legendary meta.

If really going for BiS, I think simulationcraft has a challenge mode setting. Probably int but going for socket bonuses, but it's not what's important. Getting the feel of how to keep moving, when to use cooldowns (esp tank/healer) and potions, is the thing, and picking up time-saving tricks from videos.

If you have a dedicated set I go for the following:
    *Red socket = brilliant aka int gem
    *Yellow socket = artful aka int/mastery gem
    *Blue socket = veiled aka hit/int gem

Generally I go for socket bonuses since afaik they are also not diminished by the cmode squish. Since destro prefers hit to cap > int > mastery > haste = crit I go with M > H > C since the haste helps the aoe more which is much of cmode action. Those gems play to that strategy.

Thanks for the input all!. Yeah, getting the strats down is going to be the most important, I just like to min/max for myself. I like hunting down the right gears etc.