Deleted

Question How to know if a drop is an upgrade for your follower?

I asked this in chat the other day and I have searched as it's something that always frustrated me with the original game.

How do you know if a drop you get is an upgrade for a follower? (other than hovering on your items, then the follower's items, which is absurd).

Must be an easy way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open the follower pane

Look at their damage and their toughness. Equip the new item. If the values increase, it's an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if they included at least some functionality that could be a keybind that would let you compare items like you do for your character for your followers. As far as I know that doesn't exist. You'll likely think this is absurd but since there are only 3 followers and few stats I keep it on paper. It's easy enough and not too intrusive since I parse all of that out in town.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It would be nice if they included at least some functionality that could be a keybind that would let you compare items like you do for your character for your followers.
    I support this. Atm i don't care about followers because of this - anyway i just deck my enchantress with +MF items.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Generally I go with the +primary > others. Then +xp => +mf (since mf is so rare now)>>>>>> +gold. It's a general rule, so there are items that drop dps when it should increase and vice versa. Or, with the 2.0 drop system my follower gets my gear as I replace it. So, Dex characters have the Scoundel, Casters the Enchantress, Barb the Templar.

I wish there was a comparison-tool tip for followers as well. Other games, e.g. Van Helsing, solves this by adding a modifier: the ALT key. So if you hold down ALT while hovering over an item it compares it to your followers item instead of yours.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Open the follower pane

Look at their damage and their toughness. Equip the new item. If the values increase, it's an upgrade.
    This is what I was thinking. I admit that a modifier would be nice but they really can only wear what.. 5 pieces (Relic, weapon, two rings, and amulet)? So it's not that huge a deal.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish there was a modifier key, and that it worked for followers you didn't have out, too (at least on items specific to their class). I do what Dars said above but it's way less convenient, especially if you don't have that follower with you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I really wish there was a modifier key, and that it worked for followers you didn't have out, too (at least on items specific to their class). I do what Dars said above but it's way less convenient, especially if you don't have that follower with you.
    You use other followers? Heh I stick with one the entire game.

I would personally love a modifier key that allowed me to just hover over an item and compare it to my followers item.
    My Templar's shield is absolute garbage and all the shields I get have intelligence on them and a few secondary stats. Would prefer to give my Templar strength and vitality, he dies too quickly.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue with 2.0 is with the new Smart loot system is the fact I find it hard to keep my Followers up to date gear wise just due to the fact I use a Templar with my Wizard but 99% of drops are tailored towards my Wizard and he gains nothing from Int.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    My only issue with 2.0 is with the new Smart loot system is the fact I find it hard to keep my Followers up to date gear wise just due to the fact I use a Templar with my Wizard but 99% of drops are tailored towards my Wizard and he gains nothing from Int.
    Would be nice if depending on what follower you use that there is a chance for a certain type of drop tailored towards them to drop. It would be a nice way to actually make followers useful in that you can farm gear for other classes while playing a class with other itemization needs. Of course it would be a bit tricky to balance the drop rates along with what we are currently getting, but I think it would be a nice feature nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Would be nice if depending on what follower you use that there is a chance for a certain type of drop tailored towards them to drop. It would be a nice way to actually make followers useful in that you can farm gear for other classes while playing a class with other itemization needs. Of course it would be a bit tricky to balance the drop rates along with what we are currently getting, but I think it would be a nice feature nonetheless.
    I created 2 mules for HC and use other characters to just craft upgrades with the BS - log on barb for templar, wizard for enchantress, DH for scoundrel (though i only use templar atm for HC and enchantress for SC).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.