View Poll Results: When will Hunters be looked at / fixed (dps-pve & specs) ?

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • In 5.4

    10 3.72%
  • After 5.4 but before pre expac patch

    40 14.87%
  • In next Expac, if ever..

    219 81.41%
Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter 'revamp' and spec differentiation

    After having played since Vanilla.. I have a feeling the only revamp (if any) or moment they'll add more spec differentiation HOPEFULLY fixing our dps (PVE) will be next expac...

    Big sigh

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,890
    There already was a tweet from GC saying that they want to make Rogue and Hunter specs feel more different from each other in 6.0.

    My wishes are just that each spec gets their own focus gen shot, own "Arcane Shot" and some scaling passives.

  3. #3
    Keyboard Turner DJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    8
    I'm fine with where we are at right now... I put up big #'s.

  4. #4
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,603
    Apparently we wont get a Warlock style revamp "sigh". Till then enjoy the boring, broken class that we call Hunter.

    Best they can do is bring MM in line with the other specs, and stop messing around with BM.

  5. #5
    You mentioned agreeing rogue specs need to be looked at. Any thing to discuss currently? Warlock level rehaul in the future?
    Note that is GC random musings, not any kind of official announcement.
    Unlikely to be at the warlock level with vastly different resources.
    More on the table would be something like one spec has Rupture, one uses Recuperate rotationally, and one uses SnD.


    this is what they plan for rogues. all hope for hunters is gone, i dont expect any "big" changes. :'(

  6. #6
    This is just sad though. MM has been sucky since the beginning and it doesn't seem we'll see an improvement anytime soon.
    In fact GC was using the excuse that no one would use MM if it was 2% behind the other specs. Well darn, 1. don't make it 2% behind and 2. don't make hunters as a whole so much behind locks/mages and what not.
    It's pretty obvious if we were leading the pack those 2% wouldn't matter as much as right now

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Ironjaws-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    A forest in Sweden
    Posts
    1,036
    I really hope it will come soon, know both Rouges and Hunters need it badly. At least Hunter as I know the class more. : / I mean, when I changed spec, I mostly just exchange Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot to Explosive Shot and Black Arrow, and then go one as usually. Sure there is differences, but they feel so awkward small compered to other classes, especially when they shown that they can make them different, seeing what they did with Warlocks (and seeing someone lock here wrote about they need a new overhaul made me die a bit), can they do that for Hunters.

    Though seeing how Blizz work (and say), they probably never fix Hunters spec because there is so many playing Hunters compared to Warlocks and Rouges. ._.

    But well, can hope for good future. :'>
    Last edited by Ironjaws-Mike; 2013-08-05 at 03:26 PM.

  8. #8
    If by revamp you mean changing mechanics of the class to make it feel different, I am all for it, I am actually ALWAYS up for it, because it's actually fun to relearn to play my main class. It's refreshing to see a new direction and I always liked the changes in the past.

    For DPS performance revamp or changes, I think people makes it a bigger deal than it actually is. No doubt top 1% guilds prefer locks to hunter, or prefer any range dps for that matter to hunter, but this doesn't reflects to the rest of the 99%. Unless you get sit because your leader just looks at worldoflogs instead of his own raid dps.

    As for revamp, if they want to have BM the best single target spec for hunters, please make it fun? It's soooo boring that I personally just go SV most of the time at the cost of the dps, most of the time anyway, since it's so boring I slack it off and end up lower than my SV dps. SV is at a good place right now, while it's better for DPS I suppose, the fact that you can now cast 3 explosive shots back to back in LnL makes it a bit boring, I loved the little trick of squizing a arcaneshot or cobra in between the second and last to not clip, it was fun, to me, less of smashing, more of dancing on your keyboard, there's also just the right amount of spells (with black arrow) in SV to keep it active and interesting. I'm probably alone thinking this, people tend to prefer boring rotation so they can maximize DPS without having to do much.

  9. #9
    I'd love to have the spec differentiation that locks have or even mages.
    And I'm not being sit because of my dps but I wish the amount of effort I was putting in would show on the meters. Instead a lock that's using only cast sequence macros and what not is outdps'ing me easily.
    Quite frustrating. Classes need to be within 2-3% of each other. Ideally being able to burst at differing times or maintain a moderate dps for longer instead of having dips.

  10. #10
    I'd like a revamp of Warlock like proportions and a spec that less us nix our pets (like warlocks have). Blizz said that they won't do it, but I am hoping they reconsider. I don't think that they "changes" to our specs to make them play differently will accomplish anything.

    I'm hoping to see these specs changes in the patch before the expansion releases.

  11. #11
    Just like that a Blue announcement on hunter revamp.. albeit not at warlock levels but still.

    I can't shake the idea that it'll be the carrot to get hunters to buy the next expac though

  12. #12
    It doesn't need to be changes at a warlock level. Just enough to make the specs feel more unique and I'll be happy. Give Survival some kind of survival only survival cooldowns or something.(How many times can we put survival in the same sentance?) It doesn't seem right when the spec called survival doesn't really have anything to stand out from the other specs in the survival department. Kinda actually has less than the other two..
    I think changing the aspects a bit would be cool as well. Make the 25% attack power from hawk into a passive that all hunters would have, and change hawk to do something interesting and add other aspects to do other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

  13. #13
    I liked survival in Vanilla (after they fixed it a bit). I was hoping then that the spec would be a Rexxar type of hunter. With pets and traps and melee attacks and some ranged.
    I'd love for BM to be more about the communion between the beast and master. Exotic pets are a sorry excuse
    I see MM has more of the distance sniper. In fact that talent that increased dmg for every second we stood still would fit well there imo.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    Just like that a Blue announcement on hunter revamp.. albeit not at warlock levels but still.

    I can't shake the idea that it'll be the carrot to get hunters to buy the next expac though
    ^ This. Hunters are the most played class, hundreds of thousands of players. What better way to ensure healthy expac sales than to put a big @ss carrot out there for 6.0. I suspect we won't get race graphic refreshes, actually think that plan was scrapped long ago, too much work. So instead we'll get a hyped up class "redesign" to keep the fan bois happy. It's just business, gotta keep those subscriptions up, Titan is no where so WoW is the cash machine for another 2-3 years.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    ^ This. Hunters are the most played class, hundreds of thousands of players. What better way to ensure healthy expac sales than to put a big @ss carrot out there for 6.0. I suspect we won't get race graphic refreshes, actually think that plan was scrapped long ago, too much work. So instead we'll get a hyped up class "redesign" to keep the fan bois happy. It's just business, gotta keep those subscriptions up, Titan is no where so WoW is the cash machine for another 2-3 years.
    The plan for race remodeling is definitely not cancelled. In fact I'm pretty sure one of the blues confirmed they were working on it not too long ago.

    As for a "warlock-style" revamp I think they just mean that our resource won't be revamped. Warlocks not only got spec differentiation, but also new resources for each spec. Hunters got a resource revamp in Cata, so I suspect we'll just get changes to the way each spec plays.

  16. #16
    I don't think we need a revamp like warlocks got because we got a slight revamp in cata when we got focus. I'm definitely happy to see that they do want to make each spec feel different. I'm excited to see what they have planned. I'm hoping for a cleave spec... *crosses fingers*

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    The plan for race remodeling is definitely not cancelled. In fact I'm pretty sure one of the blues confirmed they were working on it not too long ago.

    As for a "warlock-style" revamp I think they just mean that our resource won't be revamped. Warlocks not only got spec differentiation, but also new resources for each spec. Hunters got a resource revamp in Cata, so I suspect we'll just get changes to the way each spec plays.
    I wonder when we'll get the actual character models.. It makes no sense that it takes so long when F2p MMO's are coming out everyday with monstrously superior models/gfx.
    In fact before WoW came out Guild Wars 1 had jaw dropping gfx with great water shaders (added so many yrs later in WoW) and proper shadows (added even later)
    Kind of shows you how far behind WoW is

    Then GW2 came out and it was even better

    Now take a look at Black Desert trailer for an idea of how graphics has pushed forwards and we're still stuck with stuff from last century

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    I wonder when we'll get the actual character models.. It makes no sense that it takes so long when F2p MMO's are coming out everyday with monstrously superior models/gfx.
    In fact before WoW came out Guild Wars 1 had jaw dropping gfx with great water shaders (added so many yrs later in WoW) and proper shadows (added even later)
    Kind of shows you how far behind WoW is

    Then GW2 came out and it was even better

    Now take a look at Black Desert trailer for an idea of how graphics has pushed forwards and we're still stuck with stuff from last century
    And those old graphics are the best graphics for a Family MMO, WoW is made to be playable by anyone(age, computer), the graphics fit it spot on. Developers create Art based on the Game, not Game based on Art.

    Fancy graphics in MMOs are nothing but to trick people, in the end if you have no end-game content that would keep people playing for months, your game sucks.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    And those old graphics are the best graphics for a Family MMO, WoW is made to be playable by anyone(age, computer), the graphics fit it spot on. Developers create Art based on the Game, not Game based on Art.

    Fancy graphics in MMOs are nothing but to trick people, in the end if you have no end-game content that would keep people playing for months, your game sucks.
    Of course graphics aren't everything. My point was that as the most successful MMO on the market they should've completed all the new character models already.
    And when I'm saying overhauling WoW's graphics I don't mean necessarily shifting to another style but instead increasing the poly count, animations, textures and shaders used. All that can be done without losing the cartoony style. Easy example, look at the Grand Gryphon and the Normal old school one. Not that the Grand Gryphon is that good but it's an example

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    In fact that talent that increased dmg for every second we stood still would fit well there imo.
    That was an awful talent and you're just begging for the spec to be even more useless in modern raid designs if that mechanic returns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •