Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

New 100 talents? Stampede becoming a talent?

From the 500+ page Rygarius tweets thread. Some of those tooltips look dubious but I guess they get the point across. Assuming they're legit ("prepares focuses you" doesn't inspire confidence).

Also Stampede replacing Lynx Rush? That hurts my soul if it's true.

Edit: Apparent source is as follows -- http://youtu.be/D_3ftOlBpqY
    Last edited by PuppetShowJustice; 2014-03-06 at 02:52 AM.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I hope this isnt true... I don't want my pet anymore..

Bola Shot was replaced, Snipe was renamed, and Versatility is still Versatility, just using the new spec specific tooltips. He's specced BM, so he only is shown the BM tooltip of the talent, which when looking at the wowhead calculator, is still the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogolols View Post
    I hope this isnt true... I don't want my pet anymore..
    To be honest, I don't think the Lone Wolf never worked out as a talent so I thought it would make more sense it to be Marksmanship/Survival passive stuff only. I'm sure there will be an option to play without your pet when WoD launches.

I personally would prefer Flaming Shots as minor glyph without the damage modifiers, of course. So boring to see just white lines flying to the boss instead of those flashy balls of fire/lighting that other classes got.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I totally forgot they were implementing spec specific talents so that's most likely why it's not there.
    Last edited by Kuul; 2014-03-06 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Bola Shot was replaced, Snipe was renamed, and Versatility is still Versatility, just using the new spec specific tooltips. He's specced BM, so he only is shown the BM tooltip of the talent, which when looking at the wowhead calculator, is still the same.
    So the petless talent will still exist then yes? Because honestly that's what was making me really interested in playing my hunter again, and that new female human model lol

He's Beastmastery in the video so Versatility in that slot doesn't mean that With Or Without You is gone.

It does look like he has Focus Fire on his bar though. I have no idea why that survived. It's literally the least interesting move in the entire Hunter arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    He's Beastmastery in the video so Versatility in that slot doesn't mean that With Or Without You is gone.

It does look like he has Focus Fire on his bar though. I have no idea why that survived. It's literally the least interesting move in the entire Hunter arsenal.
    Hunters don't appear to have gotten much of any work period. Still with Arcane Shot and Focus Fire.

This just looks like talent touch ups with the main work to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to god they either add in the talent so you don't have to use your pet or it's a MM/Surv passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The removal of Bola Shot pisses me off. It would've given hunters cleave which we have been lacking in for a very long time. That Flame Arrow talent just sounds boring and unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    I hope to god they either add in the talent so you don't have to use your pet or it's a MM/Surv passive.
    The talent grid is showing with the spec differentiated talent grids that the devs have been talking about on Twitter. A Beast Mastery Hunter sees Versatility while a Marks or Surv Hunter see Lone Wolf. There could be other cases of this through the grid as well with things like Stampede for example.

The spec differentiated grids exist to make the talent description smaller instead of listing the effect for every single spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    The removal of Bola Shot pisses me off. It would've given hunters cleave which we have been lacking in for a very long time. That Flame Arrow talent just sounds boring and unimaginative.
    Flaming Shots is really boring yes but again, Bola would have added to spec homogenization. It's something that fits the Survival Hunter kit and theme so offering it up as a class talent makes our homogenization issues even worse. That's probably why they changed the name on Snipe as well.

Stampede as a talent? Seriously...and on the same line as AMoC & Blink Strikes?

Just, wut.

Flaming shots, a level 100 talent as a passive, what happened to wanting new talents to feel epic? 80% auto attack damage, wow so creative, so interesting, so much hard work into it, that's literally the single most boring talent I have ever seen.

As long as SV gets to drop its pet and not be gimped.

It's changing I know, but this is a bit of a curveball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Versatility = Lone Wolf = With or Without you

Since video player is BM, he sees Versatility (The "With or Without you" for BM), if he were MM/Surv, he would see Lone Wolf (The petless talent version of With or Without you).
    Last edited by Ryuda; 2014-03-06 at 04:30 AM.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Stampede as a talent? Seriously...and on the same line as AMoC & Blink Strikes?

Just, wut.

Flaming shots, a level 100 talent as a passive, what happened to wanting new talents to feel epic?

As long as SV gets to drop its pet and not be gimped.

It's changing I know, but this is a bit of a curveball.
    Stampede as a talent is fine given it's one of the cases we have with ability bloat. It's a boring, bland, and relatively unimpactful DPS cooldown unless you're a Beast Master. Offering it as a talent in the same tier with Crows accomplishes their stated goal of lessening the amount of cooldowns and thus the effects of cooldown stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The talent grid is showing with the spec differentiated talent grids that the devs have been talking about on Twitter. A Beast Mastery Hunter sees Versatility while a Marks or Surv Hunter see Lone Wolf. There could be other cases of this through the grid as well with things like Stampede for example.

The spec differentiated grids exist to make the talent description smaller instead of listing the effect for every single spec.

Good to know, hopefully that's true and they haven't scrapped the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Versatility = Lone Wolf = With or Without you

Since video player is BM, he sees Versatility (The "With or Without you" for BM), if he were MM/Surv, he would see Lone Wolf (The petless talent version of With or Without you). The big tip off is the "Combat Expertise" portion of tooltip, since only BM gets it, this is obviously not the talent that MM/Surv would get.
    Combat Experience is a pet passive for the entire class. Its been pretty useless and overlooked though as its purpose just seems to be have been to give them a knob to balance if the pets ever did too much damage for their liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if there's a source, I haven't been able to find one, but the rumor is Bola Shot is becoming a Surv skill.

Take that with a (large) grain of salt, will see if I can find a source on this rumor.

Makes sense, logically, a Bola fits very well thematically with Surv's kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Combat Experience is a pet passive for the entire class. Its been pretty useless and overlooked though as its purpose just seems to be have been to give them a knob to balance if the pets ever did too much damage.
    Welp, I stand corrected, I guess you can ignore me then. But yeah, still seems unlikely that Lone Wolf would be removed, likely just a BM specific tooltip.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if there's a source, I haven't been able to find one, but the rumor is Bola Shot is becoming a Surv skill.

Take that with a (large) grain of salt, will see if I can find a source on this rumor.

If so that would make sense and I'd be satisfied with that change. It could give SV a certain niche and I'm all for playing different specs to fit different situations.

No one has said it's becoming a Survival skill unless they were misinformed or misunderstood an opinion someone has made. We have no idea what's going to replace Arcane Shot yet and it doesn't appear that the meat of our soft rework has been done yet.

Bola though definitely fits the Survival theme better. Putting it as a class talent would have been a big mistake and glad they corrected it.

I'm not seeing much actual choice here. It may as well just give you the burning arrows for SV, the new Steady Shot for Marks, and the pet talent for BM.

I realize that people will probably take the petless talent for Marks or Surv but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much thought or options to weigh here. You don't want a physical damage shot to replace your Cobra as SV for sure.

I never liked the bola shot idea but the passive fire on auto shots is even more boring. Is there any justification for a non SV Hunter to want that?

i agree. bola was the only half-interesting one... this stupid flame arrow seems just as uninspired as wild quiver. really blizzard?