Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Dhomeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217

    WoD Videos from China?

    In another thread someone posted: this image of the dungeon journal in WoD which appeared to be a new one. At first I just assumed it was from the press event in Korea (and it still might be), but I hadn't seen it before. I put it into a Google Image search and saw this video within the search results-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dNbsAQbws

    The video titles and descriptions appear to be in Chinese, not Korean.

    Looking around this YouTube channel I found more videos I hadn't seen before which you can check out here:
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg1w...ow=grid&view=0

    Here are some of the more interesting ones-
    Character Creation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7dtQo9rci8):


    Bladespire Fortress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwr9DtZeKl0):


    The person plays as a hunter and actually mouses over a lot of the talent tooltips in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_3ftOlBpqY):
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2014-03-06 at 03:25 AM.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Zoaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The United States of America, Rapture, or Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,059
    Thanks for going through the trouble to find these. Very interesting... I'm liking the
    hunter stuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You can't fight porn on the internet, you may as well declare war on something overwhelming like water on Earth's surface - or something ephemeral like "terror" (lol sorry, had to do it) - or something both overwhelming and ephemeral... like porn on the internet.

  3. #3
    That's odd. Those lv100 talents are all completely different than the ones we've seen.

    Flaming Shots / Focussing Shot / Versatility.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    416
    China does love stealing ideas. Maybe they've made their own WoD because they're tired of waiting for the legit one?

  5. #5
    I hope they decide to bring the petless hunter thing back
    otherwise that talent is really, really, boring. same with the auto shot thing, :/

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Dhomeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    That's odd. Those lv100 talents are all completely different than the ones we've seen.

    Flaming Shots / Focussing Shot / Versatility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I hope they decide to bring the petless hunter thing back
    otherwise that talent is really, really, boring. same with the auto shot thing, :/
    I'm not sure about the first 2, but I know the 3rd one is called "With or Without You" - for BM it becomes Versatility, for MM/SV it becomes "Lone Wolf".
    Source: Wowhead's WoD Talent Calculator http://wowhead.com/talent-wod#h

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    That's odd. Those lv100 talents are all completely different than the ones we've seen.

    Flaming Shots / Focussing Shot / Versatility.
    Focusing shot and versatility are just new names, they still have the same effects as Snipe and with or without you.

  8. #8
    Another thing - Stampede is a talent, having replaced Lynx Rush.

    Iron Hawk is no longer named as an Aspect. Plus that Hunter doesn't have an Aspect bar... so I guess Aspects have been removed?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-03-06 at 03:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I'm not sure about the first 2, but I know the 3rd one is called "With or Without You" - for BM it becomes Versatility, for MM/SV it becomes "Lone Wolf".
    Source: Wowhead's WoD Talent Calculator http://wowhead.com/talent-wod#h
    Ahhh thanks for clearing that up.
    interesting, i thought they'd show both versions of the talent in game, guess they do this to not confuse people.

  10. #10
    Field Marshal Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    57
    Nice find!

    I wish the player did more than just walk around though. Some proper combat would be nice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah, I noticed that too Nether. A bit of a nerf for Hunters there. I guess we'll have to see what the exact changes are.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Dhomeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Turismo View Post
    Nice find!

    I wish the player did more than just walk around though. Some proper combat would be nice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah, I noticed that too Nether. A bit of a nerf for Hunters there. I guess we'll have to see what the exact changes are.
    Check out some of the other videos on the channel, he does some quests-
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg1w...ow=grid&view=0

    I just didn't want to link all 11 individual videos, so I gave a channel link.

  12. #12
    It looks to me like Hunter is still a massive work in progress. Blizzard has said they want to differentiate the Hunter specs, and those were all pretty much the same as live.

    Survival might have lost Arcane Shot and Beast Mastery might have gained Lynx Rush, but is that really the extent of spec differentiation? I sure hope not.


    The revised level 100 talents are also completely and utterly boring. Elemental damage on auto shot? Increased pet damage? An ability that turns Hunter into a turret?

    Where's the flair and flavor? Where's the cool stuff?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post

    The revised level 100 talents are also completely and utterly boring. Elemental damage on auto shot? Increased pet damage? An ability that turns Hunter into a turret?

    Where's the flair and flavor? Where's the cool stuff?
    Lighting your arrows on fire is pretty flavorful.
    Aiming your shot just right was something hunters lost, so it is pretty flavorful too. Real hunters just can't constantly strafe to shoot.
    The beast talent maybe ya, but being able to dps without a beast has been asked for years.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    It looks to me like Hunter is still a massive work in progress. Blizzard has said they want to differentiate the Hunter specs, and those were all pretty much the same as live.

    Survival might have lost Arcane Shot and Beast Mastery might have gained Lynx Rush, but is that really the extent of spec differentiation? I sure hope not.


    The revised level 100 talents are also completely and utterly boring. Elemental damage on auto shot? Increased pet damage? An ability that turns Hunter into a turret?

    Where's the flair and flavor? Where's the cool stuff?
    No dps spec is that different

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    No dps spec is that different
    Hunters and Rogues both have 3 specs that differ in ability names alone, and in many cases don't even change ability names. The only difference between my specs are Bestial Wrath vs instant Aimed vs Lock and Load. And with the 4pc currently, Survival gets its own Bestial Wrath playstyle whenever LnL procs.

    Hunters are definitely still a work in progress. No changes appear to be done yet, despite dev comments about making spec more distinctive and Arcane Shot being a big problem.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-03-06 at 03:48 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Lighting your arrows on fire is pretty flavorful.
    Aiming your shot just right was something hunters lost, so it is pretty flavorful too. Real hunters just can't constantly strafe to shoot.
    The beast talent maybe ya, but being able to dps without a beast has been asked for years.
    Look at all the other classes. They each have at least one talent that's shaping up to look AWESOME.

    DK: Breath of Sindragosa, Defile
    Druid: Amazing passives and abilities unique to all four specs. Boomkin gets new spell effects: Sunfall, Zenith
    Mage: Summons a freaking Crystal that gets nuked and then explodes. Calls down a Firey Meteor, Several Comets, or an Arcane Orb.
    Monk: Chi Explosion. Hurricane Strike. Nuff said.
    Paladin: Divine Conviction spells. Seal of Faith replacement.
    Priest: New spell effects in every talent. Owned.
    Rogue: Shadow Reflection! Death from Above!
    Shaman: Storm Elemental... Lava everywhere...
    Warlock: Demon Bolt. Cataclysm is going to being outrageously awesome.
    Warrior: Okay. They are the only class that's in the same boat as Hunter. The exact same boat actually. Firey attacks... Holy god that's lame


    Hunters get one talent you can't even see. The other two sound like boring shots. One will be on fire. WHOA. The other has nothing spell related to it, it'll just be a bullet or arrow. Again, WHOA.

    The WHOA is sarcasm. We're getting screwed. Bola Shot could've been really great. Bombs tied together, wrapping around the enemies throat and then exploding. But naw, scrap that. Just give their auto shots a lame ass orange aura. You know that's all it will be. It's not going to be fire. It's going to be exactly what warriors are getting with ignite weapon. It's going to be the level 10 fiery weapon enchant on our arrows...



    I'm just asking for at least an option that makes other classes go, "Wow, that looks awesome".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    No dps spec is that different
    Go play Warlock. Your mind will be blown.

  17. #17
    To be fair LookingGlass, Bola made a lot more sense as a Survival skill than a class staple. Bola as a talent simply added to homogenization.

    The talents being a bit boring won't be too bad if we get decent skills added when they do the work on us that we've been promised by two separate devs. Just need to wait and see what they add to us.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Ralikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    483
    Wow, I was expecting like 30k at the most health pools not 48k
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    To be fair LookingGlass, Bola made a lot more sense as a Survival skill than a class staple. Bola as a talent simply added to homogenization.

    The talents being a bit boring won't be too bad if we get decent skills added when they do the work on us that we've been promised by two separate devs. Just need to wait and see what they add to us.
    You're right.

    But see, that's where I'm worried. They've said no class apparently deserves the same treatment that blizzard's special love child the Warlock received and that makes me think the changes are just going to be the bare minimum.

    And with it being the most played class in the entire game, it's the riskiest one to make big changes to.

    I just don't have faith for hunters in WoD. We're going to get lackluster changes and talents, and to appease the masses we'll get some pretty cool tames in Draenor.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    Go play Warlock. Your mind will be blown.

    Destruction is still a bit too fiery. Yes the Green Fire quest fixes that but still.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •