1. More balanced Talent Tiers. Right now there is 1 choice on every tier that beats everything else out, like Subterfuge and elusiveness its quite boring and cookie cutter worse than ever before. I would love cheat death and shadowfocus to become viable options at least.
I think it would be really cool if deadly throws interupt was combined with Shuriken toss and then deleted and replaced with something else like a passive survivability tool such as deadened nerves. Also restore applying non lethals to ST please.
Elusiveness feint spam is the bane of my existence. Just make cheat death baseline for all rogues and replace both that and leeching poison with talents that Boost recuperate in some fashion please.
2. Another viable spec for pvp for a change. Subs been optimal since season 8. Mutilate hasnt been anywhere close to viable Since season 8 in 1 comp, RLS or disc priest/rogue 2s and Combat has not been viable for Arenas since like season 1/s2.
Just nerf find weakness and buff subs sustained dps and give rogues more passive survivability overall or make 1 spec much hardier I suggest combat. If combat had a better mechanic than combat insight+ more survivability than any other spec it would get played a lot in melee cleaves where its already semi doing well proved by Woundman.
For mutilate change Vendetta as I suggested. Deadly poison also needs a huge buff or more damage needs to come from out combo builders again. Right now Mut is a dot spec yet the weakest in the game just look at DK, warlock dots or even the passive bleed warriors have. Consider restoring Overkill.
I think Combat should be the hardest type to kill while also having big burst. Sub is already fine as its viable because of shadow dance. Mutilate should do the most damage on par with ferals and warriors.
3. Related to 2. Replace or improve Vendetta, Its clunky and its boring. At the very least make it a buff on the rogue and not a debuff that can be dispelled stuck on one target. Mutilate is the most cooldown dependent spec in pvp when traditionally its been the No cooldown spec and yet we got stuck with the worst most boring dps cooldown in the game. If your dumping shadow blades just dump Vendetta as well.
4. Energy not being tied to haste. Give us all the regen we would gain from haste upfront. Just increase energy regeneration from 10 to 12 or whatever its suppose to be in the last raid tier from the get go. I never even get to see a significant haste boost to my energy regen as a rogue who pvps there isnt enough haste on even the highest end pvp gear at the end of an xpac to make much of a difference.
5. Unique set bonuses different for each spec even in PVP. Give deadly brew back to mutilate only. Give Sub Improved stealth or something, mutilate more energy from venomous wounds and combat some armor pen, maybe a passive enhanced expose armor of some kind.
6. Buff recuperate or take it off battle fatigue in exchange for losing feint, or replace leeching poison with a talent that buffs recuperates healing and gives it a damage reduction.
Biggest dampers to my enjoyment of my rogues I play in wow is Spamming feint in pvp and not having at least 1 3s comp where Mutilate is favored, abusing subterfuge and resets for survivability. Subterfuge is OP especially vs casters it was a terrible idea. It would also be nice to get back overkill, deadened nerves and cold blood.
Here is a talent tree for Mop Rogues I spent a lot of time working on for fun check it out.
Thoughts? Someone should post this on the rogue forums for me on the official blizzard battle.net US website. I cannot myself because I am not currently subscribed to wow. If someone does thanks a bunch and make sure to say its by Moslin!
My goals as stated on a comment I made below my tree on that website were to remove talents I thought were NOT FUN or were not working at all meaning they were lackluster and no one chose them.
I want Tiers with better choices and far more survivability options due to how frail rogues are and have traditionally been throughout wow history.
I dumped talents I thought were too strong now such as Elusiveness and Prey on the weak. I made adjustments to existing talents like shadow step and left a few talents Unchanged like 2 on the first tier and marked for death.
I rolled deadly throw an shuriken into one spell but it no longer would generate auto attacking.
Man that website is addicting. I love theory crafting and playing around with talents. I was absolutely in love with the Pre cata talents and I changed my talents almost every day trying to get the build just right for me. I made a lot of my own decisions even though I knew 1 or too cookie cutters were optimal.
Thanks for reading.
~Old school rogue player.