Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Depends on how you actually spent your time in it. I had a blast hardcore raiding 25man when the xpack launched, but I still disagree with many pointless systems and the daily changes that launched with it. Couldn't care less about lore and scenery, so I would give it a 6/10, with WotLK holding 10/10 and Cata 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    First half 8/10

Second half 1/10

Deleted
    10/10 just like every damn thing bliz does.

Deleted
    best xpac yet

Vanilla: 7/10
    BC: 7/10
    Wrath: 4/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10

All from a server first raiding perspective. Other stuff I don't care as much about.

probably one of the most innovative. Now, whatever fucking reason they used pandas, is beyond me. I guess to appease the asian market? no idea, but it was stupid. If it was focused on the jiynu, then massive success. The pandas were stupid

Deleted
    10/10. I know it's not the most popular opinion but I actually really love MoP. The scenery is beautiful, I loved the quest lines, I LOVE SoO, and I like most of the dungeons.

Deleted
    The polish of the expansion was excellent. Everything was beautiful, well thought and pretty much top notch.

I just felt that the theme was not everything I would have wanted from a WoW fantasy expansion. I am more into medieval, dragons, knights, wizards and other classic magic themed settings.

It was not bad.. but all I kept thinking was 'what if they had spent all these artistic resources into something closer to the core of WoW'.
    Based on the MoP artistry, I am really excited to see what they do with WoD!

0/100000000 worst expac, i didnt enjoy any of it. Extreme grinding / blando lore / pointless raids / uninteresting mechanics. Terrible and is lasting so damm much. Please wod releases soon , i feel im justo wasting money in this mop nonsense.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Raiding: 8/10 (Throne of Thunder reminded me a lot of Ulduar, and SoO felt really really epic. ToES and HoF were also pretty cool)
    LFR: 1/10 (LFR fosters too many people who don't wanna actually get better)
    Dungeons: 8/10 (Best dungeons since BC, felt epic, without having insane trash)
    Number of Dungeons 3/10 (If they added 4-5 more, amazing)
    Art: 10/10 (Have you played this game on Ultra and overlooked Kun-lai or Jade Forest? Its amazing)
    Pandaren: 9/10 (Kung Fu Panda my ass. Pandaren monks have been around since WC3, lol, get over it, plus they're very interesting, but people cant relate to wise characters I guess)
    PvP balance: 4/10 (CC is just nuts now. Everyone has too much, glad this is changing)
    ilvl growth: 1/10 (The current gear bloat due to having 4 different versions of raids is utterly ridiculous. If you are a new player now, you have to get honor gear or timeless isle grind to gear for the ability to grind SoO LFRs for 10 weeks(Personal loot system is terrible too, imagine getting the same shoulders for 3 weeks but a trinket being impossible to see) Then after you've gotten your LFR gear, time for Flex, so you can go to normal. It has never been this hard to make the jump to real raiding if you want.)
    New BGs: 7/10 (ToK is awesome. DwG is also very good. The lack of a Wintergrasp/Tol'Barad is somewhat depressing though.)
    Last edited by Noxanonymous; 2014-04-23 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

If WoD is better than MoP, it will be a 10/10 x pack

problems with MoP are the pandas, LFR, and useless grinds.

Very easy to forget half of how WoW has changed over the years. People still pine for old 40-man raids but forget how awful they were. Not only because of the logistics of getting 40 people to do something, but also because the balancing was awful. Most raids were balanced around AFKers and lagging computers, so the net difficulty was really low for much of the content. It felt like LFR difficulty but with incredible headaches of gathering 40 people. As a raid leader through MC, BWL and Naxx, I can't tell you how frustrating it was-- particularly before there were addons to track attendance and do invites. It was awful. I had pen and paper and going down the list of people I'd tried to recruit during the week. Later on, there was no way to catch up on loot easily, so when 3-4 people inevitably burned out of the grind, we'd have to go back a tier just to gear them up. After doing that twice, we gave up until BC and the guild completely disbanded.

Vanilla (patch)
    honor system
    battle grounds
    faction-linked AH
    armor upgrades (1.5 etc)
    weather effects
    Cross-realm battlegrounds
    Three BGs (WSG/AV/AB)
    World PvP (Eastern Plaguelands, etc)

BC
    Flying mounts
    Dailies
    LFG
    Arenas
    New Races (Belf/spacegoat)
    voice chat
    valor/justice catchup
    One BG (EotS)
    world PvP in almost every zone (Zangar towers, Nagrand fort, etc)
    intro of heroic dungeons
    10man raids
    dailies introduced

LK
    New class- DK
    achievements
    barbers
    New profession- inscription
    One BG added (SotA)
    instanced content
    better LFR
    world PvP zone (wintergrasp)

Cata
    LFR
    new water graphics
    new class/race combinations
    New races - Goblins/Worgen
    Archaelogy added
    Xmog
    total redo of Azeroth
    reforging
    dual-talenting
    Three BGs (IoC/BfG/TP)
    Ability to extend raid lockouts
    cross-server instances
    RealID
    Talent overhaul

MoP
    battle pet system
    AoE loot
    pets/mounts/achievements go account-wide
    cross-realm zones
    New race - Pandaren
    New class - Monk
    Scenarios
    heroic scenarios
    Six world bosses (Galleon, Sha, Oonda, Nalak, Celestials (4), Ordos
    Brawler's guild
    item level upgrades
    faction-tap world bosses, then universal tap world bosses
    New world PvP
    optional farming mini game
    Flex raiding introduced
    Proving grounds
    connected realms
    Arenas improved
    Three BGs (DG/ToK/SSM)

9/10.

Great balance, good questing with a big story arc, much content for casuals (I like pets and pet battles), much content for raiders, well done storyline, well done world bosses, AoE Looting (THANK YOU!), Brawler Guild (that one was a suggestion I made 8 years ago so I'm happy they had the same idea later) and Flex raids for people who are not so good at the game but also want to raid without using LFR and well tunes HC raids.

One of the best expansions in my books and I'm playing for 10 years now. Sure TBC and Vanilla rank high for me but I know that's the nostalgia speaking and not the facts.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-04-23 at 05:03 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7-8 is about right.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    - Leveling and questing was decent.
    - Environments were gorgeous and exciting.
    - Gear art was also pretty cool.
    - PVP wasn't ultra shit during the first few seasons.
    - PVE was cool as well.

I can't find a single bad thing about MoP, yet, for some reason I've never been so bored and lonely in an expansion prior to MoP. I dunno, it felt dead and/or abandoned somehow, like I was the only person playing. Only ever saw people at key locations and even there it was pretty desolate. Not sure if it was because of how Pandaria was phased or if there was legitimately no people out in the world, but it felt dead as fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    5/10

Pros:
    - Enjoyed the pve content as a raider
    - Class balance was pretty good. Not where it should be, but better than previously.
    - Introduced some new neat stuff: Flex raids, choosing loot specialization, challenge modes.
    - Mechanically, classes were in a great place.

Cons:
    - Did not enjoy the Asian/Pandaran theme, and zones seemed too similar.
    - Scaling from gear out of control
    - Very tedious and "not fun" systems for getting Alts caught up to raid level.
    - Lore (from a raid perspective) seemed disconnected. Mantids, then Mogu/trolls, then Garrosh.. Just felt like a mix badly put together imo.
    - Leveling less interesting than any previous expansion.
    - 5-man content made irrelevant early on, and replaced in part by the much less enjoyable scenarios.

All in all, enjoyed it about as much as WotlK... More than Cata, less than TBC

Deleted
    8/10 I loved it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    Very easy to forget half of how WoW has changed over the years. People still pine for old 40-man raids but forget how awful they were. Not only because of the logistics of getting 40 people to do something, but also because the balancing was awful. Most raids were balanced around AFKers and lagging computers, so the net difficulty was really low for much of the content. It felt like LFR difficulty but with incredible headaches of gathering 40 people. As a raid leader through MC, BWL and Naxx, I can't tell you how frustrating it was-- particularly before there were addons to track attendance and do invites. It was awful. I had pen and paper and going down the list of people I'd tried to recruit during the week. Later on, there was no way to catch up on loot easily, so when 3-4 people inevitably burned out of the grind, we'd have to go back a tier just to gear them up. After doing that twice, we gave up until BC and the guild completely disbanded.

Vanilla (patch)
    honor system
    battle grounds
    faction-linked AH
    armor upgrades (1.5 etc)
    weather effects
    Cross-realm battlegrounds
    Three BGs (WSG/AV/AB)
    World PvP (Eastern Plaguelands, etc)

BC
    Flying mounts
    Dailies
    LFG
    Arenas
    New Races (Belf/spacegoat)
    voice chat
    valor/justice catchup
    One BG (EotS)
    world PvP in almost every zone (Zangar towers, Nagrand fort, etc)
    intro of heroic dungeons
    10man raids
    dailies introduced

LK
    New class- DK
    achievements
    barbers
    New profession- inscription
    One BG added (SotA)
    instanced content
    better LFR
    world PvP zone (wintergrasp)

Cata
    LFR
    new water graphics
    new class/race combinations
    New races - Goblins/Worgen
    Archaelogy added
    Xmog
    total redo of Azeroth
    reforging
    dual-talenting
    Three BGs (IoC/BfG/TP)
    Ability to extend raid lockouts
    cross-server instances
    RealID
    Talent overhaul

MoP
    battle pet system
    AoE loot
    pets/mounts/achievements go account-wide
    cross-realm zones
    New race - Pandaren
    New class - Monk
    Scenarios
    heroic scenarios
    Six world bosses (Galleon, Sha, Oonda, Nalak, Celestials (4), Ordos
    Brawler's guild
    item level upgrades
    faction-tap world bosses, then universal tap world bosses
    New world PvP
    optional farming mini game
    Flex raiding introduced
    Proving grounds
    connected realms
    Arenas improved
    Three BGs (DG/ToK/SSM)
    You are AWESOME! +9000 internetz!

9/10. Without Timeless it would've easily been a 10/10.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......