Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Started WoW from WotLK, story focused gamer, litlle bit of PvE and PvP, likes to level alts, liked Cata's dungeons and Alt progression but Cata was a disappointment.

Never liked Pandas, i still believe they do not fit but after MoP i do not mind much.
    Not liked the sound of the new talent system, now i think is ok but my micromanaging self wanted more.
    Hated the notion of pet Battles not a nintendo/pokemon fan, after playing with i liked them very much, a nice addition to the game. Hated that i had to heal them all the time so i stopped at level 5. Want to continue though.
    Strongly disliked the dailies, valor and rep gating. Never really liked Timeless Isle.
    Strongly disliked the Scenarios but could be used for story progression as someone here already posted.
    Strongly disliked the quality and quantity of MoP dungeons, many steps back for other expansions.
    Never really liked the Legendary quest mechanics but liked the story.
    Liked questing at Dread Wastes, Klaxxi story was great. Liked Jade Forrest war of vietnam theme.
    The rest of MoP quest were the worst or most boring quests i ve played in WoW. Lorewalker Cho was a great character though and its stories were ok.
    Crafting mechanics has its problems, worst than Cata. Cooking was boring to death. Farm was ok when you expanded it but was like a no fun job after.
    Lore and Story in MoP generally suffered. I am a great admirer of both the chinese and japanese story and culture, MoP was a terrible attempt to imitate. I could see great potential to Mogu as Ultimate villains but was wasted for Garrosh, the worst WoW end-villain to date, imho.
    MoP is the most raid friendly expansion of WoW, enabling a large portion of the community to see more content and that might be its great strength to the casual player (as my self). Coin mechanics for loot show great potential, need some more work.
    PvP as a casual was fun, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, neither good nor bad.

In conclusion i think that MoP has its moments but failed on immersion, i was a mediocre expansion. I ve spent much less time than Cata or WotlK.

P.S. High point of MoP was GhostCrawler leaving Blizz, yet as a Ret Pally i am biased .

Deleted
    9/10!

i think its the best expansion to this date.

In my post i completely neglected to mention the garrosh story. probably because i thought it was really corny, and stupid. Sure it was dark and it somehow drew the pandarians in but it just didn't fit with the whole colorful pandaria, and panda race. Stupid imo.

The worst however was some of the mechanics in the raids with kicking, flying, running across tiles, avoiding attunement (the 1st boss in Hof. was easy but still), tornadoes, running with some debuff. I really didn't like much of the mechanics. Dark animus was cool, horridon was good, but fights like immersus and becoming a bug on paragons is just lame.

Not difficult or fun imo. but completely stupid. That elegon fight in MSV (the fifth boss) was super cool though.

All in all the raiding nullified itself for me and all the other crap in MoP kept it around a 5.

Never cared for the theme or pandas (at least the way they made them look and act). Took away from the atmosphere and feel of the expansion as a whole. It was a good expansion though. Raiding was top notch, they released a lot of content at a great pace and there was lots to do.

Hopefully we get a return to a more darker, grittier bad ass atmosphere in WoD.

Classic > TBC > MoP > Cata / Wotlk.
    I would rate MoP as the second best expansion after TBC, Around 6/10.

It doesn't come close to Classic and TBC but was a lot better than Cata and Wotlk.
    Only bad thing about this expac was garbage heroic dungeons that felt like the normal ones but with better gear.
    I did enjoy most of the raids, the boss fights seemed unique. Sure it had flaws with bugs etc but was still a lot better than both Cata and Wotlk.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2014-04-23 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    hmm. it varies from about 3/10 for launch to about 6/10 for later on, dropping to 2/10 in the current content gap.
    To be honest, I'm not sure I'd put it much above, if at all, cata when I look at the two as a whole expansion.

Cata started great and went pants, MoP started pants and got a bit better.

I left at the end of cata for a break for the first time, I left MoP early on, and dipped back in occasionally but only for a month here and there.
    In terms of managing to hold my attention, MoP failed hard.

But thats just me.

WotLK>>>>>TBC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vanilla>>>>>>>cata<>MoP

TBC was my all time favorite expansion hands down, with vanilla being close 2nd. I REALLY disliked wotlk at the start with the joke naxxramas, but got later good with Ulduar and ICC. Cataclysm start was brilliant and the questzones were amazing (especially uldum imo). Got kinda ruined when everything got nerfed to the ground. Mop was kinda meh, pandas and stuff isn't really my cup of tea, and the legendary cloak for every1 (making it mandatory for any hc progression guild) really killed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazureus View Post
    This should really be a poll to see the average :]

For me:

MoP: 3/10
    Pros:
    - Cataclysm is finally over!
    - emmm ... hmmm... Maybe that Blizzard can now learn on their mistakes ?

Cons: (random order, they're all terrible)
    - Pandas
    - Asian theme
    - Monks !
    - daily quests
    - awful PvP
    - class homogenization (pushing them further and further from their original design), and still no balance
    - still no reverting the Cataclysm mistakes (Talent Trees being the worst)
    - free epics
    - Looking for Retards (faceroll endgame raids, kill the social aspect of PUGs)
    - making every aspect of the game noob-friendly (effectively limiting the learning curve)
    - pokemon (luckily you can avoid those)
    - Dungeons
    - Blizzard Store
    - did I miss something?
    Pretty much this. A couple more cons though would be the forced dailies and the overall childish theme. Even if WoD isn't very good it will look great after the dogshit that mope is.

Deleted
    its hard to raid the current addon... well i would say its a 4 /10

on an technical aspect the game was great. It introduction of challenge modes were a nice idea, the introduction of the flex and the cross realm reading are some technics with can also be usefull in the next expanisons. So it put the corner stone for the next expansion.

on the game aspect, it's a below-average expansion. The leveling of 85-90 was been inferior to all previous expansions.
    The valley of the four winds has been answered my qustion, how boring can blizzard design a leveling zone...
    It's a good zone for level 5-10 chars bot definitly wrong for an epic character.

the first daily quest causes horror. The Raids were okay but also below-average. The best thing of pandaria's raids is,
    there is no realy bad raid, on the other hand there is no realy good raid.

BC > WLK > MoP = Cata.

Technically expansion was perfect. Practically, lots of things were awful. Class unbalancing reached almost vanilla levels. Lots of content were almost impossible to complete if you were in the wrong spec (i.e. Endless healer's PG for holy priest). Awful CC chains in pvp again reminded me of endless fear back in good old days. Double gated rep rewards. Senceless currency system (up to item upgrades). Classes dumbing down. Shadow word: pain -15% nerfs. Awful set designs. Awful itemization. New talent "system". Even more orcs vs humans crap. Even shorter and easier so-called "heroic" dungeons rewarding even less relevant loot. Lots of stuff.

If not for kinda perfect heroic raids and flex raiding as a new cool mechanics introduced, it'd be worse than Cata to me, sadly.
    Also, the overall designs of Pandaria locations and the music were godly. Good old Blizz quality level. I'm glad that at least some people in Blizzard still remember how to do wow magic. And even more, special thanks to whoever created the Censer item. Best wpvp fun ever since IoQ

I'd give it a 7.5, the raid content was great, PvP wasn't too bad, the aesthetics were really nice, and monks and Pandaren were okay I guess.

Cons go to the big gaps between raid content and the need to do a lot of dailies early on.
    You just lost The Game

AFter that disaster called Cata, a solid 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    2/10
    Havent liked it. At all.
    ToT was the only decent raid.
    All 5 man dungeons sucked big time - tuning, having to wait for a gazillion hours of RP and what not.
    Daily quests x 5 million
    Stopping old raids from being proffitable with the new "your share of the gold loot system crap"
    Most zones are empty, no monsters to kill. Like literally, every other npc is a friendly goat you cannot kill.
    No epic gems for T3, I know its a minor thing - but always had a nice feel to it when you could afford that little extra.
    And lastly.. the shear amount of reused models, locations and so on is stupendeous.
    - Instances are just a part of pandaria with other mobs
    - Scenarios, same as dungeons
    - Raids, as above; ToT being an exception
    - Sha of this, Sha of... fck off
    - /rabble rabble

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... 4. I was never too excited about it, the storyline wasn't my favorite, and the whole thing seemed kind of... like a joke.
    Really? Pandas?
    Lock rocks, made to order.

I liked ToT as a raid and it kept me playing and actually interested in the game.

Same for firelands from cata

same for wrath, uludar

It always seems the best raid is the one that is added in the first raid patch

to rate my ToT experience: 8/10

Deleted
    So good I only quit twice... still gone until WoD.

MOP is a good expansion, the problem with the game is that worldoflobbyqueuecraft overshadows everything.

5/10.

Legendary questline made it pretty subpar to roll alt dpses, it just felt crappy even if the dps was viable in flex/normal. Storyline was a bit forced, but the raids up to SoO were good. However, once again SoO sucks, it's super linear, and the boss fights are pretty wack especially Garrosh. Immerseus, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Iron Jugg, Malk Thok and Garrosh were all awful bosses.

In comparison, ICC (which was no perfect raid), had switches to Bone Spikes, 2nd boss add control, 4th boss kiting, rotface kiting slimes, putricide being awesome, princes bouncing balls, lanaya biting people, sindragosa with too much crazy shit to mention, and arthas being a sicknasty boss like you can't really compare.