Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gladiator Stance Opens a Door

These level 100 talents aren't just cool. They're paving the way for some REALLY interesting things.

What we know:
    Prot Warriors dealing damage.
    Petless Hunters.
    Fistweaving and standard healing for Mistweavers.

What would be freaking awesome:
    Holy Paladins and Priests dealing damage instead of healing. Invokers.
    Combat Rogues doing x2 damage with their main hand while they're not holding an offhand weapon. Swashbuckling.
    A talent making Demo Warlock tanks viable.
    Frost and Unholy tanks, again.

These talents could even break into fourth specs.

What kind of interesting talents would YOU like to see?
    Personally, perma-army of the dead would be really high on my wishlist. Necromancer! >

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue level 100 talent.

Venom Zest transformed into a different effect for combat that allows them to competitively tank.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Petless Hunter is really interesting?

It's literally less interactivity.

I mean I guess I get that there's a demand for it but I don't understand why this changes everything.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the videos on the front page as of this build petless hunters are out and last I checked so was Gladiator Stance, so these gameplay options aren't looking promising.

As far as stuff I'd like to see? I'd love if there was a talent that made DW/2h play-styles more different for monks, or made them more akin to Diablo 3 style monk. xD
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2014-03-06 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    According to the videos on the front page as of this build petless hunters are out and last I checked so was Gladiator Stance.
    That video doesn't confirm that at all. He picks Beastmastery spec. "Petless Hunter" isn't available to Beastmastery spec.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the videos on the front page as of this build petless hunters are out and last I checked so was Gladiator Stance.
    All the Korean videos show players picking specs before looking at talents, which makes the data they get so much worse because the talents could be completely different for different specs.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post

I mean I guess I get that there's a demand for it but I don't understand why this changes everything.
    Because it changes the flavor and caters to the group that wanted to me archers/gunners rather than hunters.

Plenty of people don't go out and tame exotic pets or different colors. It is just button bloat for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    All the Korean videos show players picking specs before looking at talents, which makes the data they get so much worse because the talents could be completely different for different specs.
    Ah true, I noticed before it was folded into one talent, didn't think about them actually working the trees like that. Good call.

..coming in here I thought it was going to be something like gladiator stance looks like you're opening a door in the animation when you choose it.

I don't know, man. Sometimes.

Personally, I think it should be a level 10 talent choice, that comes with some other interesting shot. Make it play a bit different. Not be so bound to the whole naturey woodlands thing. How many Blood Elf rangers in lore do you see with pets? *Glances at Sylvanas*

Ah true, I noticed before it was folded into one talent, didn't think about them actually working the trees like that. Good call.
    Unless I'm mistaken, they already do that for Warlocks in Mists. They just don't have different names but you don't see involved spells that you don't have. (e.g. Malefic Grip, Incinerate, Soul Fire for procs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Personally, I think it should be a level 10 talent choice, that comes with some other interesting shot. Make it play a bit different. Not be so bound to the whole naturey woodlands thing. How many Blood Elf rangers in lore do you see with pets? *Glances at Sylvanas*
    Well Garrosh seems to be a fury warrior using a single 2hander.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with some of these new talents at level 100? They shouldn't be level 100 talents. They should be options for classes at level 10 to add fun and new things to the leveling paradigm. Locking them away at 100 is pure bullcrap.

made them more akin to Diablo 3 style monk.
    we do get seven sided strike, so all is good =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    My biggest problem with some of these new talents at level 100? They shouldn't be level 100 talents. They should be options for classes at level 10 to add fun and new things to the leveling paradigm. Locking them away at 100 is pure bullcrap.
    Coincidentally, I agree in a certain instance:

Quote Originally Posted by Arac View Post
    we do get seven sided strike, so all is good =)
    I wish this was the signature move at level 10 for choosing Windwalker and Fists of Fury was a talent.

You choose to be a "Windwalker" and yet you don't get a single wind-themed ability that isn't shared with the other two specs until level 100. (Celestalon even pulled out that name as an excuse for Monks not having Waterwalking.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It should have just been MM spec.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Coincidentally, I agree in a certain instance:

I wish this was the signature move at level 10 for choosing Windwalker and Fists of Fury was a talent.

You choose to be a "Windwalker" and yet you don't get a single wind-themed ability that isn't shared with the other two specs until level 100. (Celestalon even pulled out that name as an excuse for Monks not having Waterwalking.)
    Flying serpent kick
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-03-06 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

A lot of people really hate the pet aspect of the Hunter class, and would just prefer being a Marksman, or Survivalist. Of course you don't see the appeal at all, but a lot of other people do (I'd probably make a Hunter *just* for this talent). It's a great choice and one that people would prefer doing because honestly, pets do *too* much as Beast Mastery.

My personal wish is to define the difference between Enhancement, Elemental and Restoration more clearly. While Restoration seems to be most obvious out of the three as it clearly shows it utilizes the element of water, the other two are less defined, sharing a lot of abilities between either. You could argue other classes have this problem, but a Shaman utilizes all four of the elements and the class in its current state hardly feels like it utilizes much at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Are you just leveling and re-leveling in this game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixor View Post
    Are you just leveling and re-leveling in this game?
    And you are missing the point. Things that give you an alternate means of playstyle should be available very early on. Not once you hit max level. And I am not the only person that plays this game, there are a lot of people still making new accounts and making alts. If someone wanted to play a petless hunter, why should they wait for level 100? If someone wants to dps as a warrior with a sword and shield, wouldn't it be more fun to try it out earlier instead of having to wait and not even know if you like it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    My personal wish is to define the difference between Enhancement, Elemental and Restoration more clearly. While Restoration seems to be most obvious out of the three as it clearly shows it utilizes the element of water, the other two are less defined, sharing a lot of abilities between either. You could argue other classes have this problem, but a Shaman utilizes all four of the elements and the class in its current state hardly feels like it utilizes much at all.
    We already know that Enchancement is Wind and Elemental is Fire. The issue is that they don't stick to that very well and Fire Elemental is phenominal for Enhancement and Storm Elemental is going to a universal pet, too. Seems it would have been better to just make Enhancement not use Flame or Earth Shock and have MW+LB be replaced with a sort of semi-Ascendance that gives you MW[x]*2 seconds of Windlash. The amount of silly-extreme offhealing Enhancement can put out now is also troubling. No spec should be able to come in #2-5 on the DPS sims and still be able to pump out HPS in the millions during burst.
    [What's half of minor?]

I wish people would just shut up about warlock and rogue tanking specs. Blizzard said that they don't like the idea of making 4th specs because it would be a nightmare to balance and there is really no reason to have a 4th spec. Want to tank? then roll a tank class.

And unholy/frost tanking was removed for a reason, same reason that feral was split into feral and guardian.