Deleted

DX Racer gaming chairs

So I'm thinking of buying one of DX racers chairs as a Finnish company finally started selling them.

Before I make my final decision I want to be sure they are good so does anyone of you have experience with these chairs and which of them would you prefer?

http://www.dxracer.net/

Thanks in advance

I have one. It is good IF you are not on the heavy side. I weigh 90 Kg and unfortunately for me the foam used for the bottom is not thick enough and end up hurting.

I strongly believe now in actually trying a chair before buying, especially a those prices. The foam density used is extremely important and I believe that the one used in those chairs is not dense enough for the price paid.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

Hope this helps.
    It does, I'm only a few kilos lighter than you so I can see it becoming a problem.

Also, the chairs they are shipping in are all in some storage unit so no chairs are on display anywhere in Finland.
    Which mean I can't test them before buying

The unfortunate truth is that a 50 euros chair I bought previously and gave my son is now more comfortable that my DX...

It is really simple: if you are over 70 Kg, dont get this chair.

- - - Updated - - -

http://lifehacker.com/5941523/five-best-office-chairs

I should have tried the IKEA Markus one....

If you're a chick and have to prove to your streamers that you are serious about gaming and not just hanging your boobs into the cam for quick $$$, you definitely need this chair. For everyone else, there is IKEA. And they are just as good, ffs. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If you're a chick and have to prove to your streamers that you are serious about gaming and not just hanging your boobs into the cam for quick $$$, you definitely need this chair. For everyone else, there is IKEA. And they are just as good, ffs. :P
    Yeah I have been checking out the IKEA chair MARKUS.

Is it good?

Deleted
    From a posture perspective they are horrible chairs. A car seat is about the worst shit you can sit in.

If you have the money go for something like RH Logic 300 or even RH Logic 400..

DxRacer also has chairs made for the heavier people with bigger seat, wider back, ekstra foam on seat and back etc (max series like the M71)
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2014-03-06 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post

Is it good?
    I like it, very comfortable, even if you are on the heavier side.

Is it good?
    I'm not on a first name basis with the IKEA chairs anymore, since the one I have is now old enough to go to preschool.

(yes, I've waited a lifetime for an opportunity to use that joke, even if it's not funny.. haha)

Edit:

Dude, WTF Markus is the chair I have!!! How awesome is this. So my first hand experience is that it's a good height for me (I'm 190cm) but may be too high for some people. It's quite comfortable, although I am not that much a fan of the high armrests. You may want to not attach them. Oh and make sure you screw everything properly, it wiggles a little bit and I think I failed the assembly because a year ago one of the screws for the armrest just snapped. It's probably because I actually tend to shift and lean my full weight on the armrests when I do that. Something they're not made for I guess.

The best part about the chair is the cloth backrest, though. No sweating in summer AT ALL. I wonder why no one else had that idea. I hated those leather (or fake leather) chairs where you'd actually be glued to the backrest in summer when it's hot and you take your shirt off for some cooling.

Oh and the bottom part is pure metal. I hate it when those plastic legs the rollers are attached to break, which always happens with cheaper chairs for me. This one would need a tank to roll over it to get broken I think. Very VERY sturdy.
    Last edited by Slant; 2014-03-06 at 10:21 AM.

I got one and im close to 100kg and i still think its confy only thing i dont like is that the armrests are abit to close and you dont have any real support for the neck unless you use the small cushion. If you dont use it you will most likly have a very nice pain in your neck :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That made me laugh hard. I just went to an office supply store and sat in some until I found one that was comfortable.

Deleted
    You guys sure aren't making this easy for me

I should mention that when playing I sit with my back straight and when watching movies I tend to slouch back.

Maybe I should win the lottery and buy chairs made for security people sitting up to 24h

You guys sure aren't making this easy for me

I should mention that when playing I sit with my back straight and when watching movies I tend to slouch back.

Maybe I should win the lottery and buy chairs made for security people sitting up to 24h
    Dude, go to IKEA, sit on Markus (this sounds wrong...) and you'll know. You are exactly like me and Markus goes surprisingly far down if you want to lean back. It's a good choice.

Deleted
    Dude, go to IKEA, sit on Markus (this sounds wrong...) and you'll know. You are exactly like me and Markus goes surprisingly far down if you want to lean back. It's a good choice.
    Well there's an IKEA close to where I live so I guess I'll go sit on Markus.

I'm sitting on the IKEA Markus right now and he's fine but the headrest (?) is far too high. When leaning back while watching stuff my head touches only barely it and makes it uncomfortable and I am 1,80 meters tall. But ignoring that it is a really comfortable chair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaidlol View Post
    I'm sitting on the IKEA Markus right now and he's fine but the headrest (?) is far too high. When leaning back while watching stuff my head touches only barely it and makes it uncomfortable and I am 1,80 meters tall. But ignoring that it is a really comfortable chair.
    I'm 1,86 meters so I should be fine. My only issue with the Markus is that you can't move the armrest and looking at the pictures they don't seem so comfy.