Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Do you think in some instances it stems from having less knowledge about the game? I feel like it's this more often than not. Or at least in my experience.
    In my experience even ppl who have little experience or know how in the game can have elitist attitudes. People love to bash players that aren't like them in this game. Has nothing to do with your progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You'd be amazed....

I have been called an elitist because I asked in the group if either hunter in the group had a mastery buff pet.

The raid chat went something like this:

Me: "Do either of you hunters by any chance have a pet with the mastery buff, like a cat?"

Hunter#1: "You don't have to be so elitist. This is an alt I play for fun"

I didn't really know quite how to respond to that. We were in a 10 man flex group with 2 hunters and no mastery buff. It seemed like a fair enough question to ask, and honestly, I didn't say anything to be critical of the fact that they hadn't thought of it themselves. I would have been perfectly fine if the answer had been a simple, "sorry, I don't".
    Haha I've been called Elitist because I was GM of the nr 1 25 man guild on the server, on merit of that alone. When clearly we weren't elitist nor did I show any signs of elitism towards puggers.

I've been kicked and such out of LFR/LFD many times for giving advice and/or strat help. Many more times than I've seen someone who is low dps/afk being kicked. I get blamed for being an elitist because I try to bring a normal/heroic raiding strat in to LFR or a CM strat in to LFD. It makes me want to be an elitist since I am labeled one already just by having some general game knowledge.

There are toxic players on both sides of the grouping be it casual/hardcore, but being someone who is hardcore, you see the toxic levels of the casual players much more than the other way around. I assume it would be the same for the casual playerbase, just in reverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how everyone thinks that their specific and personal situation is the norm and majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Haha I've been called Elitist because I was GM of the nr 1 25 man guild on the server, on merit of that alone. When clearly we weren't elitist nor did I show any signs of elitism towards puggers.
    It's the buzzword today, so very rarely have I ever seen it used correctly - just look at this thread. I see it used mostly by players who are playing badly to try and defend their bad play from critical players.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's the buzzword today, so very rarely have I ever seen it used correctly - just look at this thread. I see it used mostly by players who are playing badly to try and defend their bad play from critical players.
    Yea, and probably a similar situation of the word troll. Which I don't think too many people know the meaning of, but use it for everything they didn't approve.

I think it depends on what you consider elitist.
    Is it elitist to expect people to make a minimal effort.. .no, but the definition of minimal will vary to extremes.
    Showing up for a raid or queuing for BGs in greens, or with no enchants or gems, yes, this should potentially get you called out, but at the same time, bitching about stuff in LFR is PUG BGs is equally stupid though, there has to be a starting point, if you want everyone to meet your expectations then get a group and do rateds or put together a raid in flex or whatever.

99% of the time "Eletist" is word used by baddies to make themselves feel better for their mediocrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been called Elitist for using RaF before...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I've often found these people are of the fake " VANILLUH" crowd.
    Those are the same people who ask what the Runes on the floor in MC are for.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

When I pug random stuff with my 574 boomie I try to be very humble and nice to people. I have the need to show people that just cuz I have gear and high pve progression it doesn't make an elitist jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that's what I said lol, and why it was in a question form. I'm simply seeing if it is common that players who think they are better than they really are, are the ones acting like elitist.
    I think it's the people with low self esteem who need to act all big and broad to boost the ego they don't have irl. Elitist jerks have issues in their lives and they drag them in-game and make sure no one would ever suspect it of them. Their super-duper gear comes from being fortunate enough to be in a skilled group to allow its acquisition on the highest levels and they love nothing more than to rub it in everyone's faces. They're nothing without the gear or that group of people to rely on. You will always find a bad apple in an overflowing fruit basket, don't pay them any attention. It's a too vocal minority.

WoW just breeds elitism. If you're not the best your bad, that's the way its always been.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    just cuz I have gear and high pve progression it doesn't make an elitist jerk.
    Good guy land is good guy
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    WoW just breeds elitism. If you're not the best your bad, that's the way its always been.

I've never seen it that way. Too many times have I seen someone called elitist simply by trying to give another some advice. The term has been overused to the point that people no longer knows what it means and they simply label anyone telling them that they're doing something wrong as "elitist".

To this degree LFR has a lot to with it since it is from there that a lot of these bad feelings stem. For every one person that honestly just needs help with their class, there're two that just don't give a damn and expect to get "teh purplz" simply because they're in a raid and they're paying $15 a month. And the irony is that those will be the first to make noise and try to initiate kicks when a boss doesn't die...because it certainly couldn't be they're fault. It has to be the others for not pulling their weight and more.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Good guy land is good guy
    Lol maybe that didnt come out right

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Those are the same people who ask what the Runes on the floor in MC are for.
    I've had people talk about the good old level 60 5 man dungeon ZG... Now that was hard to digest.

Deleted
    Do you think in some instances it stems from having less knowledge about the game? I feel like it's this more often than not. Or at least in my experience.
    I got called a noob by an LFR hero the other day. despite the fact i'm 8 bosses into hc and was doing 45% of the whole groups dps. But ofc im a noob. Just ignore the fuckers. not worth your time