1. #1

    Fire elemental fire nova

    Is this ever worth using in any kind of aoe situation and if so, how do I get it to do it without having to click the stupid butan?

  2. #2
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,290
    It's a minor minor single target dps increase and very good in aoe. If you want it to autocast, right click the button on the pet bar.

    This will also activate the earth elementals aoe taunt as an autocast, as a warning. It usually isn't a huge deal but tanks can get pissed off if you leave it on and deny them their sweet vengeance on adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  3. #3
    Pretty sure it's not dps increase on single target but it should be on 2+ targets.
    edit: Yeah I did some testing to be sure and it's not a dps increase on single target, not with my gear atleast.
    Last edited by Jpp; 2014-03-06 at 01:31 PM.

  4. #4
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    Pretty sure it's not dps increase on single target but it should be on 2+ targets.
    edit: Yeah I did some testing to be sure and it's not a dps increase on single target, not with my gear atleast.
    simwise it was a 2-3% dps increase (for the elemental) last i checked
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    simwise it was a 2-3% dps increase (for the elemental) last i checked
    Since you are mentioning it activating earth elemental aoe taunt, aren't you mixing it up with fire blast or whatever it's called? Fire nova (the aoe) is on button 2, not 1

  6. #6
    Having your fire nova in a /cast Fire Nova macro causes it to go off (in the case of having Primal Elementalist) since it is the same spell name, of course, it's not instant like our actual fire nova as it has a cast time.
    Enhancement Shaman | Feral Druid | Windwalker Monk

    “All things are subject to interpretation, whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.”

  7. #7
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Since you are mentioning it activating earth elemental aoe taunt, aren't you mixing it up with fire blast or whatever it's called? Fire nova (the aoe) is on button 2, not 1
    yeah seems so :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Having your fire nova in a /cast Fire Nova macro causes it to go off (in the case of having Primal Elementalist) since it is the same spell name, of course, it's not instant like our actual fire nova as it has a cast time.
    i tried this and my ele never casted it. My fire nova went off fine though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •