Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No they aren't. They're stories. That somebody made up.
    That depends on what we are talking about. Fairy tales like Robin Hood and King Arthur or Old mother Hubbard? There is a grain of truth in the former...not so much the latter.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

One post wonder stops in, asks a question about if a religious belief is true, gets legit page one supermod response.

On topic, I would say that there's no evidence, and unlike many beliefs, astral projection does make a testable claim that has never been found true. That doesn't eliminate it, but if you were looking for a straight up response, no would be your most rational bet.

Astral projection is very, very real.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Astral projection is very, very real.
    Whoa, bro...TOO real.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

No evidence, doesn't exist. The "it's real for those experiencing it" response doesn't give it any vailidity, schizophrenics and other people with mental illnesses see shit that isn't there and it doesn't mean they're having some transcendental experience and can see another dimension that the rest of us can't.

Deleted
    Euhm, yes, you're doing it all the time, at least a very primitive version of it.

read: The internet? + virtual reality + holographic projection + even more science?
    Need I quote Jesse Pinkman?

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Euhm, yes, you're doing it all the time, at least a very primitive version of it.

read: The internet? + virtual reality + holographic projection + even more science?
    Need I quote Jesse Pinkman?
    That's not what astral projection is at all
    at no point while surfing the internet will you trigger an out of body experience

Astral projection is just a bunch of bullshit made up to sell books about astral projection.

The experience is real, but it is nothing as fancy as the supposed idea of 'astral projection' (literally leaving your body).

Our brains can conjure up the most amazing & fantastic experiences, and we don't even need to be on drugs for that to happen. Assigning too much truth value to your brains attempts at decoding reality is arrogant.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-03-06 at 04:41 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

it's possible. as i've said before, i believe there is something that connects us to existence and the universe on a different level, an perhaps that consciousness could move outside the body along it's connection to the web that contains existence and see things not normally able to be seen. it's hard to say though, unless we can one day study the fabric of the universe and beyond. look outside of the universe itself and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That's not what astral projection is at all
    at no point while surfing the internet will you trigger an out of body experience
    I said a primitive version of it and out of body experience are achievable these days with virtuel technology or with illusions. Maybe before the next century we will be able to walk around in the world virtually.

If you mean astral projection the wizard way then I have to dissapoint you but magic isn't real.

The problem with all these fantastical metaphysical experiences is that the same people who report them are also the same people who experiment with hallucinogenic drugs, and/or are highly prone to hypnotic suggestion. That right there is pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    A prime example of the disasters that occur when somebody who has the most shallow understanding of quantum mechanics and doesn't practise empirical science holds a 1 hour lecture on the topic.

Not going to waste an hour of my time explaining why that lecture is complete bollocks. Look it up though, you might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    If you mean astral projection the wizard way then I have to dissapoint you but magic isn't real.
    You're not disappointing me, you're disappointing the OP.
    They were asking if magic is real, it's not.

While scientifically not disproven there is no definitive way to say yes or no as we lack the understanding of our own mind or other possible forces at play enough to say for sure.

But given the total lack of evidence in favor of it, you can say with almost 100% certainty that it is not real. But till something comes along that can be verified you can never say for sure.

I wouldn't make a definitive call on it.. but I doubt there is anything more than anecdotal evidence.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I doubt it. There is no conclusive proof that it is. Hell there is no conclusive proof that anyone has ever truly projected.
    This, next silly thread please. :P