Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlords Pre -event speculation!

Hi all,

Did a quick search could not find any threads about it so figured might as well start one.

So what do people think we will get for a pre event? Do we get a much better TBC intro where we hold Iron horde off at the dark portal with some in game cinematic?

Personally I would like it where you login and get sent to the Dark portal for an urgent mission with Thrall/Marad drenai squid man. You then get a small cinematic where you see loads of Iron horde pouring out of the portal and then you have a few quests to hold them off and defeat amount. After doing that and some other quests you get a reward cinematic (in game one) where you push back the invaders and Thrall/squid man discuss what we should do next.

You could even do a short lived Scenario for Nethergard keep along side this where you have to defend it for alliance and the new horde base in Blasted lands for horde.

So whats your thoughts on what the event might be and what would you like to see?

Pretty much this.

They said it will be a sort of "Suicide Mission" through the dark portal.

I would love it if we enter the area and a cut scene or a cinematic plays where we see the Dark Portal turn red. Followed by droves of Iron Horde viciously pouring out. We then are tasked to put down the Orcs as they are decimating the area.

I'm not a huge fan of scenarios, so I would like a Isle of Thunder type thing where we work as a server to effectively push the Iron Horde back through the portal in stages. These stages will lead up to the release of the expansion. The last stage is where we finally push them back and Thrall/Velen/Maarad/Varian discover who is behind the attacks (Garrosh) and decide we must enter the portal.

BOOM Expansion Launch! And we get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    can we just do the wotlk event again XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This. Many, many times this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupt...lague_of_.2708

and I would LOVE every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingey View Post
    Pretty much this.

They said it will be a sort of "Suicide Mission" through the dark portal.

I would love it if we enter the area and a cut scene or a cinematic plays where we see the Dark Portal turn red. Followed by droves of Iron Horde viciously pouring out. We then are tasked to put down the Orcs as they are decimating the area.

I'm not a huge fan of scenarios, so I would like a Isle of Thunder type thing where we work as a server to effectively push the Iron Horde back through the portal in stages. These stages will lead up to the release of the expansion. The last stage is where we finally push them back and Thrall/Velen/Maarad/Varian discover who is behind the attacks (Garrosh) and decide we must enter the portal.

BOOM Expansion Launch! And we get to it.
    I really hope its not a scenario, but i'm sure it will be. They have really been using scenarios a lot and i'm sure it helps with server stability.
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by fredsterr View Post
    I really hope its not a scenario, but i'm sure it will be. They have really been using scenarios a lot and i'm sure it helps with server stability.
    Scenarios could work if they are in addition to other parts of the event. Like having a scenario to go do X y Z while there are also quests and stuff to hold back the iron horde at the dark portal. So as Mingey said you could have throne of tunder style stages where we push them back and after x amount server wides been done a new part unlocks. You could then have Scenarios for Nethergarde and the horde counter park defend it from attacks that contributes to the server wide effort.

The main thing will be having server wide events again. I miss these a lot, even the TBC one which was frankly a bit shit was still kinda cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Scenarios could work if they are in addition to other parts of the event. Like having a scenario to go do X y Z while there are also quests and stuff to hold back the iron horde at the dark portal. So as Mingey said you could have throne of tunder style stages where we push them back and after x amount server wides been done a new part unlocks. You could then have Scenarios for Nethergarde and the horde counter park defend it from attacks that contributes to the server wide effort.

The main thing will be having server wide events again. I miss these a lot, even the TBC one which was frankly a bit shit was still kinda cool to see.
    I agree server wide events should be used more often especially since they have connected a lot of lower pop realms. I didn't play for the ToT style ones first time hearing it was based on server progression
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Iron Horde forces successfully break through the portal defenses and establish a beachhead. Shortly thereafter Iron Horde airships begin an interdiction campaign against Alliance/Horde soft assets in the Eastern Kingdoms and any reinforcements attempting to mass in nearby zones. Several sorties-in-force are made from the Portal salient by IH forces attempting to capture the hard points (Netherguard and Dreadmaul) in Blasted Lands. After a couple weeks of fighting the airship forces as well as meeting the ground sorties head-on, the heroes will be chosen to go on a probable suicide mission to crash the portal and disable it from the other side.

But it will probably be something cooler and entirely different from that scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    This. Many, many times this.
    Most fun I've ever had in the game, hands-down. I literally pulled a muscle in my side from so much laughing.

Deleted
    Something in blasted lands is probably quite likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Most fun I've ever had in the game, hands-down. I literally pulled a muscle in my side from so much laughing.

I remember this fondly, alliance and horde could communicate in shattrath and havoc reigned.
    Do want. most fun i've had in this game

Fight iron horde outside of dark portal, enter dark portal (probably as a scenario) with small group of faction forces & the named characters we are bringing along, destroy dark portal trapping selves on Draenor.
    Cue expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I remember this fondly, alliance and horde could communicate anywhere and havoc reigned.
    Do want. most fun i've had in this game
    You could also trade boes and gold. Was the best 3 weeks I have ever played. All faction bosses killed as a zombie, to bad there wasn't a chieve for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupt...lague_of_.2708

and I would LOVE every second of it.
    I've been playing WoW for 8 years and only now I found out about this O.o ? Epic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I've been playing WoW for 8 years and only now I found out about this O.o ? Epic...
    Uhh, wouldn't you have been around for that?

There will probably never be anything as awesome as this again.

Here's an idea I wrote up a couple days ago on the official forums.

Stage 1 of the event would involve reporting to the Temple of the White Tiger where Garrosh was being held immediately after he escaped. You'll interact with leaders of both factions as well as the Shado-pan, and being following Garrosh's trail. You will follow a series of clues all the way to Outland in Nagrand, where you finally catch up to him. Just as you approach you will witness him, Zaela, and Kairoz vanishing into a temporal rift.

Stage 2 would activate about a week later, players would be called to investigate temporal anomalies forming and vanishing around the Azerothian side of the Dark Portal alongside Khadgar. Through these anomalies we will gain glimpses of what was going on in Draenor during the two years Garrosh was creating the Iron Horde.

Stage 3 would start about a week after Stage 2, and would entail the first Iron Horde incursion onto Azeroth. Players would again be called to the Dark Portal to see the defenders on the Azerothian side had been overrun and the portal flickering between green and red, but there is no sign of the enemy. Along with Maraad and Thrall (who happened to be in the Blasted Lands to further investigate the anomalies) players would then track the Iron Horde north and eventually ambush them as they attempt to cross through the mountain pass along the eastern edge of Redridge. While many Iron Horde Orcs do make it into the Blackrock Steppes (this will lead to the events of the revamped Blackrock Spire), you successfully trap the leader who reveals that they were merely the first scouts and a full-scale invasion is not far behind them. The Iron Horde leader then makes a suicidal charge at Maraad who proceeds to dispatch him with a single blow of his hammer.

Horde players would go with Thrall and Alliance players would go with Maraad to their respective faction leaders to inform them of the situation. At the time Moira would happen to be in Stormwind and Liadrin would happen to be in Orgrimmar and would immediately pledge their personal support in dealing with this new threat.

This would lead directly into the actual starting experience of the expansion where players will once again be called to the Dark Portal to participate in the apparent suicide mission to close the Dark Portal from the other side. At the time the portal will still be too unstable to support a full-scale invasion of Azeroth, but your smaller force should be able to make it through to AU Draenor and preempt the Iron Horde invasion before time runs out.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Here's an idea I wrote up a couple days ago on the official forums.

Stage 1 of the event would involve reporting to the Temple of the White Tiger where Garrosh was being held immediately after he escaped. You'll interact with leaders of both factions as well as the Shado-pan, and being following Garrosh's trail. You will follow a series of clues all the way to Outland in Nagrand, where you finally catch up to him. Just as you approach you will witness him, Zaela, and Kairoz vanishing into a temporal rift.

Stage 2 would activate about a week later, players would be called to investigate temporal anomalies forming and vanishing around the Azerothian side of the Dark Portal alongside Khadgar. Through these anomalies we will gain glimpses of what was going on in Draenor during the two years Garrosh was creating the Iron Horde.

Stage 3 would start about a week after Stage 2, and would entail the first Iron Horde incursion onto Azeroth. Players would again be called to the Dark Portal to see the defenders on the Azerothian side had been overrun and the portal flickering between green and red, but there is no sign of the enemy. Along with Maraad and Thrall (who happened to be in the Blasted Lands to further investigate the anomalies) players would then track the Iron Horde north and eventually ambush them as they attempt to cross through the mountain pass along the eastern edge of Redridge. While many Iron Horde Orcs do make it into the Blackrock Steppes (this will lead to the events of the revamped Blackrock Spire), you successfully trap the leader who reveals that they were merely the first scouts and a full-scale invasion is not far behind them. The Iron Horde leader then makes a suicidal charge at Maraad who proceeds to dispatch him with a single blow of his hammer.

Horde players would go with Thrall and Alliance players would go with Maraad to their respective faction leaders to inform them of the situation. At the time Moira would happen to be in Stormwind and Liadrin would happen to be in Orgrimmar and would immediately pledge their personal support in dealing with this new threat.

This would lead directly into the actual starting experience of the expansion where players will once again be called to the Dark Portal to participate in the apparent suicide mission to close the Dark Portal from the other side. At the time the portal will still be too unstable to support a full-scale invasion of Azeroth, but your smaller force should be able to make it through to AU Draenor and preempt the Iron Horde invasion before time runs out.

*Throws money at the screen because he can*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

well they said originally the plan was to have the iron horde coming through the portal and us fending them off and then some sort of scenario inside karazhan but they couldnt get the phasing to work out or something.

they said that they decided to go with something else after they couldnt get the kara stuff to work so who knows
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552