Deleted

Seek advice from experienced 10 Heroic Garrosh discs!

Hi there!
    Starting tomorrow we will progress on Garrosh Heroic 10 man! Woah!
    Before asking anything i'll say that i've read a lot of threads about the fight and my knowledge of tactics and common issues is solid.
    Now, my concerns:
    The RL wants me to solo heal the fight, disc is optimal for this and i know the raid will benefit the extra dmg.
    Composition is as follows:

Tank: Paladin, Monk
    Healer: Disc
    Dps: Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Hunter, Rogue, SPriest, Elesham, with a Hunter switching for Boomkin when possible (has low attend this week).

How and when should CDs be best used? What's the best time for barriers and ss? (We aim to P3 before ToES phase)

Elesham cds should help in T1, what else should we save them for?

I'll go for Halo and ToF, any more tips for talents and glyphs?

How much regen should i have? I currently sit at 12.5k Spirit unbuffed, normal Blackfuse/heroic Sha trinkets, dps cloak and 576 iLvL.

My professions are Tailoring (+int buff, should swap to regen?) and Engineering (i have the High Powered Bolt Gun to silence T1 adds).

Any other help is much appreciated, feelings you had healing this fight, what you struggled the most with and how the team made your life hard.
    Thanks a lot for reading, i'll post logs as soon as possible!

Cheers!

Solo healing? OMG.

You could always be like Jhazrun and do it as holy!

I actually don't know, haven't done this. But I applaud you. Keep us posted!

The only reason guilds were solo healing this was to making the dps checks. This late in the tier it seems a bit silly to try and solo heal. The gear and actual output of your raid should be fine.

Haven't done the fight on 10 man, but I'd suggest using Divine Star instead of Halo. Every soloheal 10 man log I've looked at uses Divine Star, with good reason.

I recently did it and although you'll still wipe until everyone gets used to it, it's not really hard anymore (not on the healer at least, but it does depend on raid cds, we just had quite a lot so it didn't feel taxing on me).

Our dps wasn't that great, so we did have 2 Iron Stars in first phase but you might get away with one. I used SS for the first, used a raid cd for the second. SS will be up again in first temple (I didn't use it there but you can use it on this and the next whirling) and this phase still does need at least one raid cooldown; we had an Elemental Shaman cd and a warrior shout if we felt like we needed it. Stacked for the first whirling with a damage reduction cd, also SS was up. Second and third, ranged stood away, SS will be up for third too. We just went afk for the second temple, this gives you quite a lot of mana and trinkets reset so it's not bad. You're most likely going to have one empowered whirling in p2 and one in p3, your SS will be up for both, you can even spam some shields before that but I don't think I'd go without raid cds on these. P4 isn't any different, Iron Star hit/s need a cd and that's about it.

I used DS, ToF and the usual glyphs. Halo is probably better for Empowered Whirlings, but DS is better for everything else. I had ~6.5-7k Spirit with Darkglow, Horridon's (don't ask), Sha trinket and the dps cloak (both are valid choices here). I might have gone for more Spirit if I were to do the second temple or completely skip it, but that phase gave me full mana so there wasn't much point.

There were a few things which annoyed me. People not getting the buff on first temple will make your life harder. It can be outhealed, especially with cds (HoS is quite nice since you have a paladin tank) but it's annoying nonetheless. Your tanks will need to get used to taking care of themselves, especially when you're casting SS and sometimes you will still break it to heal them (an unlucky streak of hits on a monk tank is like watching a rollercoaster; I hope your shadow priest knows that Void Shift exists because it's really helpful). Mind Controls right before Empowered Whirlings can be annoying if your casters love their dots. You'll be mid-SS, but that Combustion/s which somehow got impact-ed on the MC can actually kill someone (surprise! right?). Other than that, I don't think there was any other annoyance specific to solo healing; you still have your old ones like I-accidentally-killed-an-add-next-to-other-one-and-it-ate-my-face-for-700k.

Holy is actually easier (and by easier, I mean miles easier) for healing the first temple and whirlings by the way, but we kinda needed just a bit of dps and our p1 adds were going haywire, so I needed some buffer there. If you're used to holy and don't need dps, I'd say go holy. If you're better at disc, you'll do better at disc.

No matter what your spec is, talents or stats look like, your raid should know it's a group effort though. It goes without saying that if you're not good enough, you won't make it, but if you're raid is not good enough, you're still most likely not going to make it...

Deleted
    You will need extra healing CD from your damage dealers team to be able to do that as a disc, especially for the whirldwind.
    Use divine star and not halo.

P1 :
    reach 5 stacks of evangelism asap
    use AA
    Now you have AA, you can cast PoH on both groups and stay in the desecrated weapon (a smoke bomb helps)
    keep spamming poh while the weapon is still "alive", use Divine Star when your absorbs are gone

After that : iron star
    Make sure you have your 5 stacks of Evangelism and start spamming PoH on both groups
    Use Barrier for the first iron star, your AA CD will be available at the same time as the iron star hits the wall so AA + DS
    Be careful of the player who will take care of the engineer because he won't have absorb on him so use a shield

Possible second iron star :
    Make sure you have AA, use Spirit Shell

Transition 1 :
    make sure YOU are the one taking the shield that drops in the middle (if there is one but most of the time, there is)
    Place yourself in front of Garrosh and start spamming PoH on the groups because you will need the divine aegis as high as possible before the hits
    During the 10 annihilate, player should never be close to you because you want to avoid moving as much as possible
    Use PoH/Binding Heal, Shield for people who drop low

You might want to use an external healing CD from your DPS or damage mitigation, Healthstone, personal CD, ... use Divine Star to heal, not to stack absorbs, try to use Shield between your PoH cast to use the buff Borrowed Time

P2 :

PoH on both groups when whirlwind timer > 10 then AA+SS on first whirlwind
    keep spamming PoH, Binding Heal, Divine Star during the whirlwind

FOr the second whirlwind, PoH for absorbs, Barrier

For the third, same as the first (DA, SS)

Transition 2 :

We don't do it, we stay at the start of the area (good time for regen)

P3 :

Before that, it is easy, now the hard part.

First the desecrate, you should not be the one dealing with it because you want to avoid moving as much as possible.
    Then you have the Mind control. If you are not controled by garrosh, you move where your dps will go during the empowered whirlwind.
    You want to move at that time because you don't want to be in melee range after casting your spirit shell and garrosh starts Empowered Whirlwind

Anything helps, vampiric embrace, totem, ... You can ask your pal to use a CD on you. This way, you can stay in the void zone where the add appears.
    Spam Binding Heal, shield, ... it is survival mode. Players should stay away from garrosh anyway

If you survived this, it is easy to reach P4.

Deal properly with the desecrate, mind controlled. The next Empowered Whirlwind, SS, PoH etc
    Do not kill the adds, your monk should kite them until P4.

Be careful when the tank loses the debuff because that's extra damages to deal with and that happens at the end of an empowered whirlwind.

P4 :

What hurts :
    - when the iron star reaches Garrosh (you need a CD whether it is barrier, SS, devotion aura, smoke bomb, ...
    - when the iron star lands on the group. Normally, you need people with good personal CD

You should SS the first iron star destruction and use barrier on the other one.

Malice is easy and doesn't hurt that much if players do not fail to move.

Solo heal this encounter is not the hardest part when you have the good cooldowns to help you (and you do).

If your damage dealers fail (kick the adds in the first transition, fail to kick mind controlled player (make sure you are the priority), ...), you will have troubles and probably a wipe.

DPS or Healing clock, I don't know. I don't think it matters that much. You will have the DPS required to avoid as many attacks as possible. The proc of the healing cloack is nice.
    You might want to use mindbender (with glyph for the gcd) because sometimes, you have to use poh/bh or other things and you don't have time to use solace so it won't be that good with the regen.

Good luck.
    Last edited by mmocceca20d1fe; 2014-03-21 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Haven't done the fight on 10 man, but I'd suggest using Divine Star instead of Halo. Every soloheal 10 man log I've looked at uses Divine Star, with good reason.
    As I understand it, many 10 man healing priest took halo for 10 H Garrosh in order to meet the dps check on the adds in p1 for their first kills. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Deleted
    Halo also lines up exactly with each whirl. With good positioning you can put 400k+ heal on everyone. Especially good for empowered whirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it just a couple if days ago subbing for another guild who was a healer down for the week. Since I was 2 healing with a shammie the healing was relativly lax. Went ToF and halo. First descecrate shammie popped CD I "support healed" with PoH and glyphed BH. First iron star shammie CD again up to this point i'm mostly attonement healing. SS for 2nd Iron Star. 1st intermission Halo was nice since i could positioned at the end if the stairs hit 3 packs. Popped Barrier during the annhiliates and PS on tank.

Back out SS on first whirling, SL totem on second, SS + Barrier on third. Again in between im attonement healing. Cheesed 2nd intermission which meant coming out with 100% mana. Halo with a couple of shields / spot healing took care of EWCs. P4 was surprisingly lax, SS for first malice and as additional padding for "runnig". Time barrier with iron star impact.

If your grp is 572+ id recommend two healing since you should have enough DPS especially since you should have considerably higher dps. If I had solo healed id probably would have gonna DS.