Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No aspects in wod?

Hey I was browsing the video and noticed the hunter had no aspects/ Aspect bar so I caught him in the video when he moused over aspect of iron hawk it is now changed to a passive 10 % damage reduction.

Last edited by Strydr0; 2014-03-06 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    also, there is no aspect bar.
    i don't care for AotH, but please don't cut aspect of the cheetah... :'(

Deleted
    Makes sense, cheetah can be replaced with passive run speed outside combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't finished watching the videos, but didn't the hunter have aspect of the pack/cheetah on?

Deleted
    He had an aspect on yes. But it could be that it's not just like a spell you put on similar to how trap launcher works?

It's kind of a shame that they removed aspects...

Also to the person who said that they could just include an out of combat passive that increases movement speed instead of aspect of the cheetah. That could work, but aspect of the cheetah sometimes has its uses in combat.

Edit: Or they could add a toggle ability like Warlocks' Fire and Brimstone that increases your movement speed for the amount that the aspect had, and while the ability is toggled on, you have 10% less AP or something.
    Last edited by Midy; 2014-03-06 at 05:49 PM.

I just tried the ptr and yes, aspect stances have been completely removed.. This is so frustrating I don't know where to begin-

1. Aspects have been around since I started playing back in BC at the least. They are what I would call signature spells that give character and a sense of uniqueness. The aspects are not just a buff, they are a visual and audiable demonstration of power.. Many classes have these.. they make the classes feel different and special. Switching between a speed buff and a dps buff felt good weather solo or in party.. you knew a hunter was present by the sound of their buffs. The aspects were a power that only hunters could posses and I for one enjoyed the act of switching between them.

2. With the stance bar missing I now have to make room for 3 more buttons on my bars... The aspect/stance bar was a separate set of buttons that were separated from the action bars..now I have to make room for these 3 new buttons, Fox, Cheetah and Pact.. I thought the point was to remove bloat, not add more.. if that wasn't enough.. Switching aspects back and forth takes a lot longer, it's no longer on the fly, it takes roughly about a second or two to deactivate it.. making it harder to turn off pact instantly in a emergency.. it also feels unnatural to activate then deactivate the buff rather then switching from one to another.. I'm really disappointed in these changes..

- - - Updated - - -

Their was a certain charm and convenience to how fluid the game play was.. I loved running through Ulduar in cheetah, then boom you hit hawk and engage a mob, mob dies boom back to cheetah.. it flowed well. This game play felt right.. it's like they are taking a step back.

Deleted
    PVP and world: Cheetah
    PVE and raids: Iron Hawk

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they removed the aspects bar for some reason,but the only aspect thats removed is Hawk,and we got a new one, Fox which is a raid cd, so we still have Cheetah,Pack,Iron hawk (if specced into) and Fox,still no idea why remove the aspect bar tho,its weird,because you need like 4 extra buttons on bars now as opposed to it being its own bar and not taking the space for any other abilities,wasn't the intention of ability pruning to reduce bloat? Also with the minor cheetah glyph you can run around with 30% speed untill you get hit and it just drops off instead of being dazed,so it can be useful in many scenarios

- - - Updated - - -

Also,that video is from ages ago,the asian alpha press footage? yeah much has changed since then.

Deleted
    Aspects are really simplified compared to pre cata, but i think since cata they are nothing special. In cata fox was binded to cs/ss by macros, there was no skill. Aspect are non-existant since Cata in my opinion.Not big loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah,aspects went downhill even before cata when they merged monkey/hawk into Dragonhawk,you used to use monkey in pvp when melee was bashing your face in for the +dodge chance,and when you get far enough to fire at them again (dead zone >.>) you would switch to back to hawk,then dragonhawk was introduced and it was just on all the time really,and its been like that till cata when they added fox,but you just macroed that into ss/cobra yeah,so no interesting gameplay or decision making in aspects for years now. I only wish they add back the aspect bar,tho it can be done with an addon probably..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    Yeah,aspects went downhill even before cata when they merged monkey/hawk into Dragonhawk,you used to use monkey in pvp when melee was bashing your face in for the +dodge chance,and when you get far enough to fire at them again (dead zone >.>) you would switch to back to hawk,then dragonhawk was introduced and it was just on all the time really,and its been like that till cata when they added fox,but you just macroed that into ss/cobra yeah,so no interesting gameplay or decision making in aspects for years now. I only wish they add back the aspect bar,tho it can be done with an addon probably..
    Tedious and unnecesary gameplay mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epi Kass View Post
    Tedious and unnecesary gameplay mechanics.
    And pressing hawk/dragonhawk once and forgetting about it is interesting? They could've done more with aspects,but they never bothered,they just left them as they were for years,hawk this expansion was like a passive buff,only time you switched from it was for pack in raids to get back faster after a wipe,maybe on a few fights cheetah is good,thats about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    And pressing hawk/dragonhawk once and forgetting about it is interesting? They could've done more with aspects,but they never bothered,they just left them as they were for years,hawk this expansion was like a passive buff,only time you switched from it was for pack in raids to get back faster after a wipe,maybe on a few fights cheetah is good,thats about it.
    I never played a hunter before for long because I found the need to switch aspects in addition to the bazillion keys hunters had, to be horrible. I played hunter mostly in TBC but when they removed Aspect of the Viper and added Aspect of the Fox, I kinda spaced out towards other classes. Only in MoP did I come back and loved hunter again.

Needing to switch presences, stances, aspects every 5 seconds is not fun gameplay, and that's pretty obvious considering Blizzard did away with them. Aspects can be made fun but not if they remain with the "stance" functions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epi Kass View Post
    I never played a hunter before for long because I found the need to switch aspects in addition to the bazillion keys hunters had, to be horrible. I played hunter mostly in TBC but when they removed Aspect of the Viper and added Aspect of the Fox, I kinda spaced out towards other classes. Only in MoP did I come back and loved hunter again.

Needing to switch presences, stances, aspects every 5 seconds is not fun gameplay, and that's pretty obvious considering Blizzard did away with them. Aspects can be made fun but not if they remain with the "stance" functions.
    Yeah neither way is fun gameplay,but at least you felt like you can do something with them back then,I agree it was annoying,and I don't think anyone liked Viper aspect really. You didn't NEED to switch to monkey but it was a nice bonus,viper was just annoying. They need to figure something out thats between fire and forget that they are now and constant micro-managing that was before tbh. But they will probably just leave them like this,knowing blizzard

There is still Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack. There is also Aspect of the Fox which is a raid wide cool down. Aspect of the Hawk is passive now and does what they took away from Aspect of the Iron hawk. There is just no aspect bar and they are regular abilities now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    There is still Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack. There is also Aspect of the Fox which is a raid wide cool down. Aspect of the Hawk is passive now and does what they took away from Aspect of the Iron hawk. There is just no aspect bar and they are regular abilities now.
    Hawk is gone completly. So is the Attack power bonus from Iron hawk.

sorry guys, we have fox,cheatah and pack theres just no bar they are still in the spellbook

edit: dam got beat to it

-hawk gone
    -iron hawk NOT an aspect anymore! stop spreading your false information.

aspects that stay:
    -cheetah
    -pack

reintroduced:
    -fox as a raid CD that allows everyone to cast while moving

Deleted
    I dint see issue with removing aspects bar after so many skills gone i have plenty of place to put them on bars