View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    Do you guys really think there will be another race/class in the expansion after WoD? This thread got me to thinking about my decision to use my free lvl 90 on a monk. I am not that fond of playing the monk class, and was thinking about just saving the free lvl 90 until the next xpac comes out.
    That is a topic for another thread. This is a "pick which class you personally might like to see".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    I want a runemaster class, but that's not on the poll. There's not even an other section on the poll.
    Sadly, there were several options listed on the fan site. Also, I never saw Runemaster on the list I was viewing. I can only assume when people think Runes in WoW, they immediately think DK. But, that is why I listed in my OP "Please post 'Other' in the thread".

Prefer none, but Demon Hunter if they absolutely had to add something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Prefer none, but Demon Hunter if they absolutely had to add something.
    My preference is also none, as I feel we have enough already. But knowing Blizz, they will use a new class as a hook for the next expac. I'm not going to speculate what it might be. Just opening the door for people to express their own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt we would be able to decide. While people think they have influence in the decisions like this, I would imagine this is purely internal.
    They listen to feedback once the class is made, but I doubt if everyone signed a petition to add a Bard, that it would actually happen.
    Neat sentiment though!
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    My preference is also none, as I feel we have enough already. But knowing Blizz, they will use a new class as a hook for the next expac. I'm not going to speculate what it might be. Just opening the door for people to express their own opinion.
    3 plate users
    2 mail user
    3 lather uses
    3 cloth users.

we need 1 more class then you can preach there is enough classes.

i vote demon hunter.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Voted for Ranger.

Hunters need some competition for looting bows/guns/xbows and if Mage(caster) and Warlock(caster with pet) can work together than why not Ranger(ranged) and Hunter(ranged + pet). It's class that should be avalible for most of races(all armies have regular ranged troops), it's very popular class lorwise and can have very different specs like Scout(ranged rogue), Santiel(melee-ranged hybrid), Brigadier(gun master with a lot of aoe, dots, and rockets, something like mortar from WC3 or Teriz tinker idea.)
    Ofc it could be made but adding 4th specs to rogue, warrior and hunter but srsly new class is much cooler than 4th specs for 3 classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    3 plate users
    2 mail user
    3 lather uses
    3 cloth users.

we need 1 more class then you can preach there is enough classes.

i vote demon hunter.
    Why should the number of mail wearers dictate the need for one more class? Personally, I think that argument is only really valid for people with OCD who require things to be balanced and symmetrical. I bet 11 character slots instead of 10 or 12 is likely also driving you nuts :P

Demon hunter was a nice choice.

Deleted
    Gimme bard please.

*makes grabby hands*

Why should the number of mail wearers dictate the need for one more class? Personally, I think that argument is only really valid for people with OCD who require things to be balanced and symmetrical. I bet 11 character slots instead of 10 or 12 is likely also driving you nuts :P

Demon hunter was a nice choice.
    so everything is even and doesnt look messy. 12 playable classes with 3 for each armor type looks good.
    i dont have OCD.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    Do you guys really think there will be another race/class in the expansion after WoD? This thread got me to thinking about my decision to use my free lvl 90 on a monk. I am not that fond of playing the monk class, and was thinking about just saving the free lvl 90 until the next xpac comes out.
    Based on Blizzard's past expansions, the expansion after WoD will more than likely introduce the 12th WoW class.

The only thing most agree upon is that it will wear mail armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Gimme bard please.

*makes grabby hands*
    I think Bards would make a nice fit into our Sword and Sorcery system. I would play one. A Gnome Bard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Based on Blizzard's past expansions, the expansion after WoD will more than likely introduce the 12th WoW class.

The only thing most agree upon is that it will wear mail armor.
    As I told the other person, that is an entirely different topic and is suitable in another thread.

Honestly though, I'd love to see a dancer class. DPS/Heals.

Not sure if that counts as being the same thing as bard.

I want Ezreal as a class.

Yes i want Archmage, because its completelly new class....

Deleted
    I think Bards would make a nice fit into our Sword and Sorcery system. I would play one. A Gnome Bard
    I would gladly eat you with my troll bard.

But yeah, I would like something like a full support class based on songs or auras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaverdian View Post
    Honestly though, I'd love to see a dancer class. DPS/Heals.

Not sure if that counts as being the same thing as bard.
    This is all about personal opinion. Everytime I think of a Bard though, this is what pops into my head:

Ever since my Cousin shared that with me, that has stuck in my brain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    I would gladly eat you with my troll bard.

But yeah, I would like something like a full support class based on songs or auras.
    Problem with that is that it would be required in every raid, countering Blizzard's stated goal of "bringing the player, not the class".

Unless Blizzard creates a new 4th role in the game. However, good luck choosing which specs go from DPS, tank, or healing into "support".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Problem with that is that it would be required in every raid, countering Blizzard's stated goal of "bringing the player, not the class".

Unless Blizzard creates a new 4th role in the game. However, good luck choosing which specs go from DPS, tank, or healing into "support".
    Indeed

I would still love some new and no-trinity class goodness.

Tinker or dark ranger. Adding yet another Diablo class into WoW would be boring, I'd rather see something new. They could always give warlocks a 4th spec that makes them a demon hunter

Deleted
    I do have OCD (not really) and like things to be balanced and symmetrical and I suspect with a new class Blizz will be as well.

Personally, I've always loved the idea of Runemaster ('Runes' dont have to be the same as DKs rune system!). I would see them as a melee DPS (lore states they are similar in fighting style to monks) with some support features (as there is a gap to be served there but I doubt a true support class could exist in WoW without a fair shake-up). Possible flaws are: They prefer light armour, not mail (if we were guessing on future classes); possibly too close to monk or enhance shaman; don't really need another melee class.

Most developed unplayable is probably Demon Hunter and it's a popular one. I wouldn't mind it. Just probably a bit of overlap which might result in it not being as cool as expected.

I also wouldn't mind seeing (as often stated) a second class using ranged weapons. Dark Ranger maybe. Again, differentiating it from a hunter might be difficult.

A class I thought of.. completely out of left field.. Chromatic Dragon. Lore-wise you were created by Nefarion or Deathwing (whatever) but in their absence must find your own path in life. Like all dragons you can (and often do) use humanoid form (this can be your race/faction selection) with learning dragonform as a (flying) mount later on (maybe an ability to use it in battle also). Specs can be tank (Earthwarder), heals (Lifebinder), caster DPS (Arcane) with Time-use and Dream-use as utility spells for all specs. Mail armour would be appropriate as many mail leatherworking items use dragon scales. Only thing with this is I think it would be just a mix of current classes and the only uniqueness is the idea they are dragons.
    Just a thought