1. #1

    Which class would make a fast booster for RAF?

    Have some friends looking for a boost. Actually, I will be running them from 15-85 a few times for multiple toons. We have enough people to run our own 5 man instances, which I think should be the fastest way to 85 with RAF.

    What class does the job the fastest? I tried this before on a Paladin and DK, but I have the feeling other classes would be faster. Speed is of the essence. I thought maybe Brewmaster Monk or Warlock, but I'm not sure.

    Going to buy the 90 boost whichever class is fastest. Not looking to raid on this toon, just boost friends and family. So whatever gear he comes with and maybe some Timeless isle gear is what I'll use. Was going to buy the expansion anyway and I could use a JC/Alch now.

  2. #2
    I always used a hunter as my booster. Do not underestimate how much time aspect of the cheetah will save you during those endless dungeon runs. Especially in the godawful vanilla/BC dungeons. Once the dungeon is cleared, you have to run all the way back to the beginning. The 38% run speed for your whole group from Cheetah is a huge quality of life buff for RAF powerleveling.

    Run with a Survival spec for maximum AOE burnination. Use Barrage with a misdirection macro (and the glyph of misdirect) to pull entire rooms onto your pet with near zero effort. Then murder everything with a couple multishots. By the time loot is collected, Barrage will be off cooldown and ready for the next room.

    Some general tips for RAF leveling:

    -Make sure everyone has at least full 16 slot bags to reduce the number of trips to town (Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is your best friend for RAF dungeon grinding).
    -Make sure at least one member of your party can Res dead party members.
    -If you choose not to use a hunter as your booster, make sure you choose a class that will move at the same footspeed as the little baby toons you are shepherding. Having to stop every 5 seconds so people can catch up will become intensely frustrating. (Seriously - just use a hunter. Thank me later.)
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-04-10 at 07:13 PM.

  3. #3
    I was going to say Rogue with Burst of Speed, but Hunter is probably better like Nihilan says.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I always used a hunter as my booster. Do not underestimate how much time aspect of the cheetah will save you during those endless dungeon runs. Especially in the godawful vanilla/BC dungeons. Once the dungeon is cleared, you have to run all the way back to the beginning. The 38% run speed for your whole group from Cheetah is a huge quality of life buff for RAF powerleveling.

    Run with a Survival spec for maximum AOE burnination. Use Barrage with a misdirection macro (and the glyph of misdirect) to pull entire rooms onto your pet with near zero effort. Then murder everything with a couple multishots. By the time loot is collected, Barrage will be off cooldown and ready for the next room.
    Or you could teleport out then back in to end up at the beginning. Not saying Cheetah isn't useful but why waste the time running when the game will take you there in two loading screens?

  5. #5
    They aren't using the LFG pugfinder. Can you still teleport out in a regular dungeon? I don't recall.

    Anywas, Cheetah is still great for RAF.

    [Edit]

    I keep saying Cheetah when i do in fact mean Aspect of the Pack.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-04-10 at 07:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Monk. You can use all the reg boas and perks PLUS the daily xp buff which also stacks.

  7. #7
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    175
    hunter i'd say; decent aoe, aspect of the pack, and a pet that will do a lot of the killing for you so you can tag mobs and move on. probably true of a number of classes though now i think about it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Monk. You can use all the reg boas and perks PLUS the daily xp buff which also stacks.
    He's talking about classes doing the carrying, not classes doing the leveling.

    Monk isn't a bad option, just because he can literally tag the entire zone with kegs and burn everything down at once. Hunter will likely still be better because you can just run around blasting multishot and having serpent sting kill everything, only problem is that in early dungeons your pet might steal kills (stuff killed by a pet solo yields no loot nor exp.) but that's easy to solve by simply dismissing the pet and going it alone.

  9. #9
    Just want to clarify. The others will be hanging out at the start of the dungeon while I speed through. They've all played pre-Mists and just want to skip what they've seen already up to level 85.

    I guess another way of asking is who can solo blaze through level 15-85 instances the fastest? Rest of the group will sit in their lawn chairs by the entrance. Maybe run behind if they want cloth or whatever.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo View Post
    Just want to clarify. The others will be hanging out at the start of the dungeon while I speed through. They've all played pre-Mists and just want to skip what they've seen already up to level 85.

    I guess another way of asking is who can solo blaze through level 15-85 instances the fastest? Rest of the group will sit in their lawn chairs by the entrance. Maybe run behind if they want cloth or whatever.
    Not all instances allow you to do this while still getting exp, meaning it's better if they stay at least somewhat with you. If they REALLY have to sit by the start, I'd say Rogue is the fastest, due to Burst of Speed.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  11. #11
    You're right, my apologies. It's been a while. I remember now asking people to move up in places like LBRS, or they'd miss out on xp.

  12. #12
    As stated above, there is a range limit beyond which the lowbies would not be receiving any exp. I am not sure what the range is but its probably somewhere between 400-500 yards. Not an issue for some dungeons but many of the vanilla dungeons are huge and sprawling to the point that the characters would have to move further in to keep in range of your kills.

    However i do understand your plan as i have done similar myself. What you are looking for is pure sustained AOE damage. For this i recommend a dual wield frost DK with a heavy focus on mastery. Just bind every key to Howling Blast and faceroll your way to the end.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    He's talking about classes doing the carrying, not classes doing the leveling.

    Monk isn't a bad option, just because he can literally tag the entire zone with kegs and burn everything down at once. Hunter will likely still be better because you can just run around blasting multishot and having serpent sting kill everything, only problem is that in early dungeons your pet might steal kills (stuff killed by a pet solo yields no loot nor exp.) but that's easy to solve by simply dismissing the pet and going it alone.
    I knew what he meant. Also, the XP buff would keep the monk ahead of the carry by 1-3 levels making it easier to carry. Kegsmash, spinkick, win.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I knew what he meant. Also, the XP buff would keep the monk ahead of the carry by 1-3 levels making it easier to carry. Kegsmash, spinkick, win.
    You say you know what he meant, and yet you clearly misunderstand it still? He's asking what class, at level 90, he should be using to clear instances fastest. The exp boost daily from Monks would have no effect whatsoever for the booster.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,244
    We don't allow threads like this here - we can't choose your class for you.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •