View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I still believe the way to go is to add a 4th spec specialization to existing classes instead of creating new ones.

And most of those picks would fit right in.

Adding a new class adds 3 specs, so adding 1 new spec for 3 different classes gives you 3 xpac worth of development (druids already have their 4th).
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-03-21 at 05:44 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I'm not trying to be cynical here, but I would prefer there to be no new class. I feel like a new class always brings new headaches, and it is hard enough to balance all the classes we have now.

Also, adding another class would be a stretch. I cant think of another class that could be added that wouldn't seem a bit out of place. Thats just imo though.
    Agreed. Too many classes that need rework like the rogue class. I remember when everyone was speculating on what class will the new expac have (WoD) and everyone and his dog said demon hunter or tinker and we got none... So I don't think blizzard with make any new class soon. But personally, I want a demon hunter like class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Titanborn, to me he sounds like the most differentiated class compared to the other ones listed I also love the Titans.
    Awesome! I was just excited to see my idea on this list. For those who never read it:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cept-Titanborn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I still believe the way to go is to add a 4th spec specialization to existing classes instead of creating new ones.

Adding a new class adds 3 specs, so adding 1 new spec for 3 different classes gives you 3 xpac worth of development (druids already have their 4th).
    I feel the exact same way, with a heavy emphasis on your last statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

Agreed. Most have a 4th spec that's easily visioned already, and Warriors, Monks and Death Knights have a spec that has two slightly different playstyles already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    The ones highlighted in red are arch-types we already have. Those that are orange-coloured we will never have and those that are green are possible but highly unlikely, though that being said, the next class will definitely wear mail and - most likely - have a tank, or healing specialization in addition to a melee and ranged damage specialization.
    Dragon Sworn isn't going to happen because its just an existing class that has sworn an oath to a dragon. Also some of our existing classes are already Dragon Sworn. Druids for example are part of the Green Dragonflight, while Mages are part of the Blue. Also lore-wise, a Dragon Sworn wouldn't participate in the faction conflict. They serve the Dragons, not the Alliance or Horde.

Spellbreakers also aren't going to happen because Mages took their core ability, and Blizzard removed resource damaging abilities like Mana Drain and Mana Burn.

no new classes.

races, sure. no classes. there are enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Whenever I think Demonhunter, I think of this:
    A bow-using class called a Demon Hunter in a game that already has a Hunter class that uses bows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    no new classes.

races, sure. no classes. there are enough.
    We're missing the third mail armor class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We're missing the third mail armor class.
    Are we?Why does the game need a third mail class?

there doesnt have to be an even number of everything in the game. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, another demonhunter / tinkerbullshit thread covered as poll....

Rogue 2.0

Seroiusly, update the outdated classes first.

I would expect us to see another ranged weapon class. Hunters got the winning ticket right now. If they are the only one in your 10-man and a bow or gun drops why even bother with EPGP or a loot system. It is going right to them every damn time. NO ONE ELSE CAN USE THEM!!! It is BS.... Especially when compared to classes that dual wield and require not one but two weapon upgrades to drop to do comparable DPS because fists and daggers can't drop in sets for whatever reason.

Personally, Demon Hunter is probably the most logical class to happen next. Everyone has been begging for them since Vanilla to get added. Just like Death Knight was, then they added it in Wrath. Their are obvious signs in the games lore and direction it is going, that the Burning Legion is going to make a reappearance. There has been rumors on Blizzard's end of finding a way to bring Illidan back into the story again. To me, it just seems that an Expansion is on its way to address Burning Legion again, and Demon Hunter will be the class that comes with it.

Now, I do so plausibility o the Tinkerer argument from everyone, I don't know though what Blizzard would be thinking with that though, it does seem very closely tucked in with Engineering, but I do the merits of it happening.

Bard, I see never happening at all period. Traditional RPG Bards are support classes the buff or debuff other character/enemies. BLizzard tried this already in Vanilla with Retribution, which was all they pretty much did in Vanilla. That as you can tell by Retribution now was quickly axed as the model just isn't very fun to play.

I agree with a majority of the others that they seem like rehash of existing classes, which is mostly true. I didn't even think Death Knight was needed, but I believe that it was just fan service to tuck it into the game. Demon Hunter will get the same treatment eventually and already fit this needed, Mail wearer, that competes with Hunters. They do have hunter in the name, lol.

I could see Necromancer having a very, very, very, very slim chance of getting into the game. Just because everyone has a thing for Necromancers and Blizzard does always like catering to fan loves.

In the end though, Tinkerer and Demon Hunter are the only logical ones I see getting added into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a Battlemage means being a mage who can carry around a 2h sword and cut bad mans while shooting fire and ice spells then that is what I want most.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'll be very surprised if the next class isn't Timewalker. They have three specs: Warden (tank), Weaver (healer), and Watcher (DPS). Time-like abilities like phasing damage into the past or future for the tank or rewinding damage for the healers sound like a lot of fun and could be fairly unique takes on familiar abilities. Plus, they're likely to play a significant role in WoD.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    If a Battlemage means being a mage who can carry around a 2h sword and cut bad mans while shooting fire and ice spells then that is what I want most.

I always imagine a battle mage would look slightly like a Paladin in some Int plate, but use a magical weapon and magical shield instead of actual weapons. Just my image of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Sounds a lot like a Death Knight if you ask me... it's basically already the Spellbreaker/Anti-Mage/Battlemage class without it being directly related to a Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Are we?Why does the game need a third mail class?
    Kind of weird that there's 3 plate classes, 3 leather classes, 3 cloth classes, and 2 mail classes....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    I would expect us to see another ranged weapon class. Hunters got the winning ticket right now. If they are the only one in your 10-man and a bow or gun drops why even bother with EPGP or a loot system. It is going right to them every damn time. NO ONE ELSE CAN USE THEM!!! It is BS.... Especially when compared to classes that dual wield and require not one but two weapon upgrades to drop to do comparable DPS because fists and daggers can't drop in sets for whatever reason.
    I think Rogues should be able to use guns/bows.

Fits their theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

I always imagine a battle mage would look slightly like a Paladin in some Int plate, but use a magical weapon and magical shield instead of actual weapons. Just my image of one.
    thats a spellsword. which is a weaker version of battlemage
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    thats a spellsword. which is a weaker version of battlemage
    A better question is what new type of gameplay could such a class offer that isn't already being serviced by DKs and Enhancement Shaman?